http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 01:18:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to Columbus tomorrow(OH) Need a good craft beer bar with good food!  (Read 439 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2012, 01:46:30 AM »

Going to see Trey Anastasio in the evening, during the day. Drink, eat and relax. Any suggestions, Ill be coming from Cleveland so North side would be a bonus.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »

Wow. 24 peeks and 0 bites! Anywho, there are some options I'm considering. If anyone is interested what I found I'll post it in the next day or two. Follow the beers...
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:16:50 AM »

Apparently you have stumped the hive mind! Good beer can't be too hard to find in a big city.

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 20, 2012, 04:28:53 PM

Wow. 24 peeks and 0 bites! Anywho, there are some options I'm considering. If anyone is interested what I found I'll post it in the next day or two. Follow the beers...

I know there is a decent brewery/restaurant in Columbus but I can't remember the name of it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 21, 2012, 01:59:05 PM

I know there is a decent brewery/restaurant in Columbus but I can't remember the name of it.

I think you might be talking about Barley's

somehow I missed this, but most of the bars I know of are in the campus area and pretty so-so for the question, with just you're normal beer and food.  usually lots of cute girls though biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2012, 04:22:32 PM

somehow I missed this, but most of the bars I know of are in the campus area and pretty so-so for the question, with just you're normal beer and food.  usually lots of cute girls though biggrin

You live in columbus? Btw went to Matt the millers. Nice place, I guess it's a small chain. Fucking great show!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2012, 09:00:02 PM

You live in columbus? Btw went to Matt the millers. Nice place, I guess it's a small chain. Fucking great show!!!

used to, moved out of C-Bus about a year ago.

Because I can,
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:44:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2012, 10:07:30 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2012, 09:00:02 PM

I think you might be talking about Barley's.  

somehow I missed this, but most of the bars I know of are in the campus area and pretty so-so for the question, with just you're normal beer and food.  usually lots of cute girls though biggrin

used to, moved out of C-Bus about a year ago.

Gotcha. Not a bad town from my experience with it. I used to go there ALOT as a kid!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »

As an Ohioan born and bred (and subsequently the second generation in my family to walk upright), I love Columbus.  During the summer, you can drive around the areas immediately outside the downtown and see the industrious citizens rip out the front seats of their cars so they can move them to their front porches and sit shirtless on them while drinking tall boys.

But as Ceekay mentioned earlier, Barley's is definitely good.  The sauerkraut balls alone are worth the trip.

...just don't leave your car unattended for too long.  Otherwise you'll be driving back without a front seat.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »

The fact that Hepcat and I were born in the same state has me seriously worried about my own mental health. At what point can I expect to go bat shit insane? I just pray that we weren't born in the same hospital.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 22, 2012, 05:38:07 PM

The fact that Hepcat and I were born in the same state has me seriously worried about my own mental health. At what point can I expect to go bat shit insane? I just pray that we weren't born in the same hospital.

Highly doubtful.  I was born at Our Lady of the Friggin' Awesome Hospital...while you were apparently birthed in a wash tub outside Dayton.  Sadly, "throw the baby out with the bathwater" was just an expression still.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 22, 2012, 05:41:47 PM

Quote from: Scraper on October 22, 2012, 05:38:07 PM

Highly doubtful.  I was born at Our Lady of the Friggin' Awesome Hospital...while you were apparently birthed in a wash tub outside Dayton.  Sadly, "throw the baby out with the bathwater" was just an expression still.

I was born in Parma.  not sure why, I mean who the hell goes to Parma to have a baby?

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »

Were you born with white socks and sandals already in place?  Or were they given to your parents as part of the outpatient process?

These guys wanna know...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

I always preferred Big Chuck with Lil' John:

Ghoulardi and Hoolihan were a bit before my time (well, Ghoulardi was, I was too young to see the Hoolihan years).

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2012, 06:37:37 PM

I always preferred Big Chuck with Lil' John:

Ghoulardi and Hoolihan were a bit before my time (well, Ghoulardi was, I was too young to see the Hoolihan years).

I was watching a Big Chuck and Little John re-run just this weekend and they sent a regular looking guy into a Brain Amplifying booth. They then set the dial to lower his IQ and he walked out of the booth wearing all Stealers gear. It was classic.

Also I was born at "Thank God My Mom Wasn't On the Same Drugs as Hepcat's Mom Medical Center". Long name I know but it was popular in the 70s, kind of like Disco.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »

I was alive for Hoolihan, but remember li'l john more clearly.  I actually met them about 4 or 5 times at those charity basketball events they ran.  I was a huge fan and would beg my parents to take me whenever they were nearby.  Incredibly nice guys (all three of them).

"And now...from the best location in the nation..."

I also remember Supherhost (40 and living with his mom at the time, I remember reading about him), The Ghoul (a cheap Ghoulardi knock off out of Canton, Ohio) and Milton the Milk Man...who always struck me as the kind of guy kids should run from if they ever encountered them in real life.

Quote from: Scraper on October 22, 2012, 06:43:08 PM

I was watching a Big Chuck and Little John re-run just this weekend

Seriously?  Where are they airing those?  I'd kill for something like that here in Chicago.  I'd love to see them (with the movies they played as well) on a late Friday night.  Man, that would take me back.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:50:22 PM by hepcat » Logged

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 22, 2012, 06:45:40 PM

I was alive for Hoolihan, but remember li'l john more clearly.  I actually met them about 4 or 5 times at those charity basketball events they ran.  I was a huge fan and would beg my parents to take me whenever they were nearby.  Incredibly nice guys (all three of them).

"And now...from the best location in the nation..."

I also remember Supherhost (40 and living with his mom at the time, I remember reading about him), The Ghoul (a cheap Ghoulardi knock off out of Canton, Ohio) and Milton the Milk Man...who always struck me as the kind of guy kids should run from if they ever encountered them in real life.

Quote from: Scraper on October 22, 2012, 06:43:08 PM

I was watching a Big Chuck and Little John re-run just this weekend

Seriously?  Where are they airing those?  I'd kill for something like that here in Chicago.  I'd love to see them (with the movies they played as well) on a late Friday night.  Man, that would take me back.

They show it just before the OSU pre-game show on Saturday morning. So 11am to 11:30 am.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

Ah, so it's like a "best of"?  That's too bad.  The best part of the show for me was watching them comment on the movie of the night.  I wonder if you can get episodes of their show (complete with movies) on the 'net somewhere?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »

I saw big John in a grocery store a few years ago, looked hammered!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 22, 2012, 08:47:35 PM

I saw big John in a grocery store a few years ago, looked hammered!

Do you mean Big Chuck? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: