http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:39:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GoGamer  (Read 3272 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:48:11 AM »

I placed an order with GoGamer today.    Somehow in the order process (paid by paypal) it got screwed up and it didn't create an account for me.   I received order confirmation though through my paypal email address.     

So I go to try to see my order, but I have no account.     

Does anyone know anything about GoGamer?   Are they a legit site?    I ask because after the account snafu, I tried to find a phone number to call...and I CAN'T FIND A PHONE NUMBER.    I HATE it when sites don't have a phone number.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:42 AM »

Haven't ordered from there in a long time, but used to on a semi-regular basis.
Always had good results from them.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:58:13 AM »

yeah, they're legit.  they used to be CompuExpert, which was pimped by Rich in the Gone Gold days.  

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:58:16 AM »

GoGamer is a VERY legit, European based site. I've picked up quite a few things from them (very cheaply mind you) in the past. The best part is that being based in Europe, they get collection packs for PC titles that we never see here in the US - like when I got both Baldur's Gate games (plus expansions), Icewind Dale (plus expansions), Icewind Dale 2, and Neverwinter Nights 1 (plus expansions) for some insanely low price.

So yes, I trust GoGamer completely.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 01:48:27 AM »

Ok thanks guys.   It just bugs me that I can't call a number and straighten this out right away.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:29 AM »

I've used gogamer a number of times with no problems.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 05:53:07 AM »

It's been awhile since I've used them, but they are reputable. And they *do* have a phone number even though it was impossible for me to find the one time I had a problem. Someone posted it on OO a couple of years ago, hopefully it is still good:

888-948-9661

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
toger
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »

They do have a "contact us" form which they answer pretty quickly. I've used that with great success. I know you'd rather speak with a human, but I thought I'd throw that out there. (also, they're based in Southern California, not Europe)

Powered by PMS
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »

I've used them many times over the years, I orderd the CE of Wrath of the Lich King from them back in September and for some reason even though I made myself a note that I had ordered it from them I couldn't find any emails about it and their site didn't list it as being on order for me but sure enough 2 days before it came out I got an email from them telling me they had shipped it and I ended up getting it a day earlier than it was supposed to be released.

That had me a bit worried the whole not seeing it as being on order since that had never happened before. They also used to have a habit of throwing in little gifts into the boxes like notepads, keychains, I even got a T-shirt once, it's been awhile since I opened a box and found any extras though.  I also buy a lot of the non-censored Euro versions of games from them.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »

There is a guy with an account at OO who is their marketing director. He may be able to hook you up with someone that can help. His username is GoGamer.com - Jason
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »

Ringing in with my own highly positive experiences with GoGamer - which I thought was a California company (based on some invoices and other info I can't recall) - fast service, quick response to questions. I made at least seven or eight separate orders from them over the years.

At one time, three or so years ago, Gogamer was virtually always praised for low prices and quick delivery. However, I've long stopped finding great early deals on recent games and I haven't ordered from them in a year or so.

Maybe their efficiency has declined; I don't know. I just know that the early sales on recent games and the quick delivery wasn't so consistent anymore and I've found better bargains at CircuitCity, Target, Big Lots, Wal-Mart, and even BestBuy.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 02:35:10 AM »

GoGamer was around in the days of Rich IIRC, so they've been in existence quite a while...you should be fine.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 03:19:25 AM »

I buy all my games online with GoGamer. And Ive spoken to them on the phone a number of times. And they are in California not Europe.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 07:52:19 AM »

Yeah I also thought they were in Cali.  I've had nothing but good luck using them over the years.

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »

I used them a lot but it has been a few years since my last purchase thanks to electronic downloads. Of the 20 or so purchases, I had one bad experience that never got resolved and I ended up eating $20. I understand it is extremely rare for anyone to have problems with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: