http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 08:17:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God Canada Post sucks balls  (Read 1279 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

So I'm trying to figure out a way to get an iTouch sent over to Japan for relatively cheap (they're expensive as hell over here thanks to the exchange rate).

Anyways I check out the dimensions and weight of the box and  go to Canada Post to see what it would cost.  Here's what they tell me:

For $66 and 8 days they will Express Post it to me.  Or for $36 and a month or month and a half they will send it by surface mail.

I'm thinking WTF this is fucking ridiculous rapage here.  So I go on the Japan post and this is what they would do for the exact same package:

For $41 they will EMS it with 3 day delivery to Montreal or Vancouver (or any other large city I assume).  That includes $200 coverage.

Or for $30 I could send it by Small Package airmail and it would take 6-7 days.

Or for $19 I could send it by economy airmail and it would take about 2 weeks.

WTF Canada Post! Are you telling me that your shitty express delivery service is twice as expensive and slower than Japan's standard delivery service??  Fuck I could ship using the cheapo method and it would still barely take longer than Canada's express delivery!!

Ok rant over.  Thank God the folks are coming over in March.  I'll just get them to throw one in with their luggage.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

well, it's a known fact that the Canadian Goose is a slower flyer than the Japanese Dragon, and the goose require far more maintenance at feeding time whereas the dragon can scoop up any bovine or other equine (or even porcine) mammal quite easily.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on January 03, 2009, 02:11:22 PM

So I'm trying to figure out a way to get an iTouch sent over to Japan for relatively cheap (they're expensive as hell over here thanks to the exchange rate).

I'm confused, they cost more here, so you're sending one to Japan? icon_confused

Whatever it is you're trying to do, I'll agree that our National Postal service is a little odd at times.  In all fairness to them, they've always given me crazy ETA's for out of country deliveries, but packages usually arrive within a week regardless.  The most recent oddity was when I sent several games to various forum members.  All packages had standard dimensions and very similar weights.  Cost about $2 more for cheapest shipping option to send a game across the country versus to the US.

16-bit and loving it!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:25:30 PM »

They cost more in Japan (where he is currently), so he was trying to get one shipped from Canada to him in Japan. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2009, 03:27:06 PM

well, it's a known fact that the Canadian Goose is a slower flyer than the Japanese Dragon, and the goose require far more maintenance at feeding time whereas the dragon can scoop up any bovine or other equine (or even porcine) mammal quite easily.

icon_lol
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:01:39 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 05, 2009, 04:25:30 PM

They cost more in Japan (where he is currently), so he was trying to get one shipped from Canada to him in Japan. 

This.  An 8GB iTouch which would cost approximately $260 Cdn with taxes costs approximately $360 with the Japanese exchange rate.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:17:33 AM »

It's a known fact that Can Post, especially the express post service, is only a good deal within continental NA. It's a great deal if your within those boundaries though; I've never payed more than $10 to have any package shipped, including from Halifax, and it's never taken more than 2 days. As well it's a helluva lot cheaper to send a package fully ensured to the US than it is the other way via US Post.

I agree with Windows 95 that you'll probably get the package quicker than their estimate; they usually don't account for the impact of the steroids they feed them geese. As to Japanese Dragons, yah just show me 1 of those that can stand up to a good pooping on from a Canada Goose! smile
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:22:46 AM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:14 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on January 06, 2009, 12:01:39 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 05, 2009, 04:25:30 PM

This.  An 8GB iTouch which would cost approximately $260 Cdn with taxes costs approximately $360 with the Japanese exchange rate.

and we all know how much you want to avoid anything with the number 360 attached to it  icon_wink Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: