http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:52:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glee  (Read 5567 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:20 PM »

My wife made an interesting point. She loves the song that Kurt sang, but felt it was in the wrong place. He could have sung that song from the patio while looking in through the window and it would have made a lot of sense, gotten rid of the awkwardness of the original scene, and had the added bonus of double meaning, since he was looking in on both his father and Finn, as they start to forge something of a relationship, while Kurt feels he will never have the relationship he wants with either.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on April 28, 2010, 11:05:20 PM

My wife made an interesting point. She loves the song that Kurt sang, but felt it was in the wrong place. He could have sung that song from the patio while looking in through the window and it would have made a lot of sense, gotten rid of the awkwardness of the original scene, and had the added bonus of double meaning, since he was looking in on both his father and Finn, as they start to forge something of a relationship, while Kurt feels he will never have the relationship he wants with either.

But then it wouldn't have had the emotional impact on all the remaining members of the cast, which was what made the song work for me (aside from the Finn awkwardness)...  I do like the idea of doing it from the patio, but I would have done both, and used that as kind of a short "reprise".

As for Kurt/Finn, I actually agree with PeteRock it played out rather awkwardly in the episode, and they already did a much better job of dealing with this in an earlier episode where he already seemed to acknowledge he was never gonna get Finn.  Now of course I can identify with having an unrequited crush that won't go away, and Finn is incredibly adorkable, but this episode seemed to deal with it in a rather convoluted way.  Plus they had the whole subplot with Mercedes/Beautiful so it felt like they were trying to work too much in.  I did like some of the scenes with the parents though.  In any case I'm hoping they are pretty much done with that, I read Kurt will be getting a real boyfriend next season so that should be fun.  On a side note, apparently that cutey Jonathon Groff is very openly gay, it would be an interesting twist that after revealing he's just playing Rachel for vocal adrenaline, he somehow ends up with Kurt  icon_wink
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 28, 2010, 11:26:25 PM

On a side note, apparently that cutey Jonathon Groff is very openly gay, it would be an interesting twist that after revealing he's just playing Rachel for vocal adrenaline, he somehow ends up with Kurt  icon_wink

Now that could be hysterical.

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 28, 2010, 11:26:25 PM

On a side note, apparently that cutey Jonathon Groff is very openly gay, it would be an interesting twist that after revealing he's just playing Rachel for vocal adrenaline, he somehow ends up with Kurt  icon_wink

That is an excellent idea.  Email the producers!

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »

I have to take the minority view that this episode was awesome from start to finish. The one thing that disappoints me in a Glee episode is lack of musical numbers. This episode had them in spades, and they were almost all fantastic. I agree it was a little crammed - they were obviously trying to milk their time with Pushing Daisies for all she was worth. But I didn't really care. It felt sort of epic.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »

So I just did a start to finish full on marathon of Glee. I figured I'd check it out due to positive reviews and Jane Lynch (one of my favs) being in it.
It reminds me of "Saved By the Bell" meets "Cop Rock" but somehow it just totally works...

I don't think I've seen something so unbelievably ridiculous as Jane Lynch in the Madonna episode. I was crying during the Vogue part. I don't think there's a human alive that could've pulled that off and made it so funny.
There's just some sick twisted comedy going on. There's also so many tiny 'attention to detail' comedy bits for easy snickers. I dunno, so far this show works for me like the Simpsons first 7-8 years worked for me...It works on so many different levels. I'm just ticked I didn't wait til the end of the season to check it out.. Stupid waiting for new episodes.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »

Apparently Coldplay have relented and are going to let them use Viva la Vida. What I'd really like to hear, though, would be for Finn & Co. to sing "Fix You".

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:10 PM »

Quote from: McBa1n on April 29, 2010, 05:12:39 PM

So I just did a start to finish full on marathon of Glee. I figured I'd check it out due to positive reviews and Jane Lynch (one of my favs) being in it.
It reminds me of "Saved By the Bell" meets "Cop Rock" but somehow it just totally works...

I don't think I've seen something so unbelievably ridiculous as Jane Lynch in the Madonna episode. I was crying during the Vogue part. I don't think there's a human alive that could've pulled that off and made it so funny.
There's just some sick twisted comedy going on. There's also so many tiny 'attention to detail' comedy bits for easy snickers. I dunno, so far this show works for me like the Simpsons first 7-8 years worked for me...It works on so many different levels. I'm just ticked I didn't wait til the end of the season to check it out.. Stupid waiting for new episodes.

and just think, we still have the Joss Whedon episode (featuring Doogie!) to look forward to!!!!  Glad to have another Gleek join the club (I really do hate that term but whatever).
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »

"Gleek"
ah well. It is a pretty badass show, though. Looking forward to what is coming up...
They keep finding little things to play off of.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2010, 02:43:48 AM »

I read that Heather Morris and Naya Rivera (Brittany and Santana) will be bumped up to series regulars next year.  It kind of makes me wonder how they're going to handle the increasingly large cast.  They've already announced three new cast members for next season, and now that the show's a bona fide hit, I'm guessing a lot of people are going to want to guest star.  Maybe they'll have some sort of Moldavian massacre finale and wipe out half the cast slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2010, 08:49:36 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 29, 2010, 03:24:29 PM

I have to take the minority view that this episode was awesome from start to finish. The one thing that disappoints me in a Glee episode is lack of musical numbers. This episode had them in spades, and they were almost all fantastic. I agree it was a little crammed - they were obviously trying to milk their time with Pushing Daisies for all she was worth. But I didn't really care. It felt sort of epic.

I agree - "Home" was amazing, and probably their best episode yet.  The first two episodes of the second half of the season were great musically, but were all over the place in terms of the characters and stories.  This episode nailed the music ("A House Is Not A Home" was incredible), drama, and humor ("The fact that you've twice called me Rerun makes me believe you're a bit racist", "I've been sober for 45 minutes and I'm going to mount the first all-white production of The Wiz"and Sue's expressions throughout "Beautiful" and the follow-up interview were all priceless).

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2010, 10:43:46 PM »

Absolutely loved last night's ep, I felt it was one of their strongest to date, with absolutely excellent use of music.  As cheesy and convenient as it was, I thought Finn's take on Jessie's Girl was brilliant, and he is really getting to be a stronger and stronger singer (compare this with the premiere's Can't Fight this Feeling, he's really come a long way).  Makes you wonder if that (the name/song) was planned all along.  Puck did a great job teaming eith Mercedes for Lady is a Tramp, I loved the shift in music style.  The Mercedes/Santana standoff was awesome too, and the grand "One" finale was moving and well delivered.  I wasn't thrilled with Kurt's song choices but I think they fleshed the plotline with his father out very well.  I think a lot of gay men can really relate to those feelings of inadequacy in one way or another.  All in all a real standout ep, and can't wait for next week's Joss Whedon/Doogie show.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »

Yeah, I have to agree that they've had "Jessie's Girl" in their pocket for a while, waiting for the right time to unleash the full power of the Springfield.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:08:28 PM by Freezer-TPF- » Logged

McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2010, 10:47:43 AM »

Dang, what a great episode tonight. Doogie knocked the end of Dream On outta the park. That was pretty badass.
Man, amazing what a talented Director can do to enhance an already fantastic package - I really thought the Safety Dance bit was one of the strongest to date (playing on the flash mob videos you see now and again)... Brilliant brilliant stuff. Dream a Little Dream was pretty powerful too - in it's simplicity.

I'm still rolling over Neil Patrick Harris/Jane Lynch's back/forth. I love when 2 great actors do their stuff like that.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »

"secret room, just like Letterman"  icon_lol

I agree, great episode, and fantastic casting for Rachel's mother.  Also I wonder if it was a throwaway joke to have NPH (aka Barney) mention his wife, Wilma (though shouldn't it be Betty?).

Again, a lot of the cast was MIA this week with the big guest star, though it was nice to see a few supporting cast members get a lot of time (despite Artie's subpar acting skills).  His Safety Dance number was very good at least. smile

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »

I hope they let Joss Whedon direct more episodes because that was one of the strongest ones in the entire season so far.

The duet for "I Dreamed a Dream" was one of the best moments in television.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »

I have no way of proving it, but I totally called out they were going to do I Dreamed a Dream as soon as Les Mis was mentioned.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »

Loved the episode but it didn't have any noticeable "Whedonisms" that I could think of.  He didn't write the episode so obviously that's a part of it.  I guess stylistically there were a few small things I might attribute to Joss but nothing major.  Anyone notice anything in particular?
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

i very much enjoyed this episode as well....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2010, 01:33:23 AM »

I have a Love/Hate relationship with this show (seemingly all the opposite loves and hates as you guys).

But...

GaGa next week? IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »

yeah not excited at all about gaga...

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »

I guess we don't have to worry about the show going away any time soon - It's already been renewed for a third season  icon_eek

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:18 AM »

I just watched the first DVD of season 1 and have to say I liked it.  can't wait to catch up with the rest of the season.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »

Well damn.... Cory Monteith (Finn) found dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbiz/glee-star-dead/index.html

I never got to watching this after the first season but I always liked Finn.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:18:59 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 14, 2013, 06:17:18 AM

Well damn.... Cory Monteith (Finn) found dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbiz/glee-star-dead/index.html

I never got to watching this after the first season but I always liked Finn.

For any of you who might still be interested, this Thursday's episode is dedicated to Finn/Cory Monteith.  It sounds like they will have the character Finn die in a similar way to real life to address the issue of drug abuse.  All I know is the 30 second commercial they aired brought me to tears already so this is going to be tough to watch.  I thought it was just me but apparently many people had similar reactions.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 08, 2013, 05:09:05 PM

For any of you who might still be interested, this Thursday's episode is dedicated to Finn/Cory Monteith.  It sounds like they will have the character Finn die in a similar way to real life to address the issue of drug abuse.

That was mentioned a while back, but it was either a rumor or they scrapped the idea.  From what I've read about the episode, they're not going to say how Finn died.  They've released the songs that will be featured in the episode, and it's a really nice and somewhat unexpected collection.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »

Damn, forgot to catch the episode.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

I cried for pretty much the entire episode  crybaby  Very well done and well acted, but I wish they would have shown a few clips of him...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: