http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 05:29:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghostly footage  (Read 1558 times)
Szgany
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2005, 02:30:12 AM »

I ran across this footage on another messageboard and thought it was worth posting here.

While I no longer believe in the proverbial "entity from beyond the grave", this sort of this has been with me for far to long to just let go completely. Some or all of you may have seen this, if so sorry, if not... Regardless of authenticity, it's looks great and it's worth a watch.

From the website...

We went all the way to Good old Philly, PA to visit Eastern State Penitentiary. The place left an impression on us all. We did capture something odd on video. It is a figure of some sort coming toward the camera and then leaving quickly back down the hallway.

We want you to check it out yourself.

Here are some things to consider when watching this. While it does look like someone in a cape, the figure moves with great speed and does not turn to go back down the hallway, also it doesn't bob up and down & it would have to be about 4 feet tall. If someone was messing with us they would have had to have hidden in there all day, and known where all the cameras were and know when to stop right outside of the field of vision of the DVR camera. Everyone who was there that night was out eating dinner together when this footage was captured.

We can't say 100% what it is. But we had other experiences to support this as potential evidence. So, we present it here for you to examine and you can come to your own conclusions. We are on the fence, what about you?

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/video/ESPhq.wmv
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:34:39 AM »

give me a break...  :roll:
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 02:38:24 AM »

LOL..you'd think if they wanted to film something in this day and age they'd have better video.Looks like part of the 1969 moonlanding. Since when does it snow inside anyways.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Szgany
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 02:42:45 AM »

Hey, I never said I believed it was real  biggrin

That isn't snow, just moisture in the air. I've seen it in many an older, cold basement. Of course I've also seen it walking outside in the fog.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 03:56:14 AM »

Actually, for recording in a dark room, its pretty good quality. Im guessing its night vision. It has to be something and the movement was really herky jerky when it started back.

Really weird. What site did you find this on?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 05:13:38 AM »

i actually saw that show when it was on.  Thats not even the good shot they got either.  There was a shot where whatever it was sort of ran out of the room and just down the hallway.  They also use some sort of special film, something ultraviolet sensitive or something.  As well as it was PITCH BLACK in that hallway so its most likely a night vision camera as well.  And I dont know about you, but i have yet to see night vision that looks like HDTV.  I dont know what it is.  They claimed that no one should have been in that hall.  It was a old closed civil war prison, I believe.  <shrug>.
Szgany
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:51:04 PM »

Quote from: "Scoop20906"
Actually, for recording in a dark room, its pretty good quality. Im guessing its night vision. It has to be something and the movement was really herky jerky when it started back.

Really weird. What site did you find this on?

If you look closely, on the left side there is something that could very easily be an arm moving, in the fashion of someone running. Either that or it's a cape with a white lining that keep flashing. As I mentioned above, I don't believe it's a ghost, looks more like someone threw a piece of material down the hallway, then yanked it back really quickly (unlikely, I know), but of all the video evidence I have seen, this looks the best.

It also looks like something that was left on the cutting room floor when they were editing the Grudge. I found the clip on Tribalwar.com, in the general forum, but it comes from the Taps website.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/index.html
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »

I hate ghost stuff.  I don't necessarily believe in them but whenever I think/see "ghost footage" my mind likes to wander.  Anyways, pretty interesting video though.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 06:13:11 PM »

That gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 06:23:23 PM »

Quote from: "Szgany"
It also looks like something that was left on the cutting room floor when they were editing the Grudge. I

Thats what I thought too. It looks almost exactly like that shadow in the ceiling corner in the Grudge.

It's weird because she shadow in the clip looks almost blurred like it was pasted in. Makes me think its some kind of fake. Who knows.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 07:30:45 PM »

This was on an episode of Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi.

It was pretty interesting.  They have footage that coincides with that shot that accounts for all their crew, but they said they didn't have any proof of where the prison employees were when that was filmed.

They also went back later and tried to recreate that with a person using a black cloth and it looked nothing like that footage.  Despite how bright it looks on the night vision camera that hall was actually pitch black.

I'm not saying that it's proof of walking, talking, interacting ghosts, but I think there are still a lot of strange natural occurances that we can't yet explain with science.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 03:22:15 AM »

I've seen this video for some time now (this is nothing close to being new at all), but I still can't explain what the heck it is.

Spooky, no?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 04:05:19 AM »

I'm very open minded to the point that people would call me indecisive.  There's some good evidence that points to there being things out there that go beyond normal reality.

In fact, science constantly acknowledges there being things that exist that we can't see or detect currently.

However, I don't think all of it is real, and all these haunted houses might just be tourists traps set up by the owners for fame and whatnot.

Still, stuff like this does give me the creeps, because while I'm reasonable enough to think it could be just static or fraud, it could just as well be the real thing.
egrudzin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 06:17:37 AM »

I also saw this on the SciFi show Ghost Hunters.  It's definitly worth watching if you're the least bit interesting in paranormal type stuff.  The investigators on the show take a very skeptical point of view and any evidence they gather, they spend lots of time trying to recreate or debunk it.  With this particular footage they had no explanation.

In other shows they caught footage of a chair moving on its own a foot or two across the floor.  There isnt anyone in the room and the chair clearly moves by itself.  It's pretty freaky.

They also have clear footage of one of the sound guys getting knocked to the floor by an invisible force.  I don't know if these are ghosts, but there is something going on here that is unexplainable.

Here's the web site if anyone is interested, it's got links to thier videos as well:
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: