http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Hunters- back June 6th  (Read 823 times)
jimmyorr99
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

I remember seeing a thread mentioning this show a while back. If I remember correctly, there were a few fans out there.  I'm not sure if you all knew, but it's coming back to scifi for season 3 on Wendesday the 6th. I've always been interested by their investigations of the paranormal. It's a field that's interested me for a long time, probably since I saw poltergeist as a kid.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 03:48:20 PM »

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

So are ghosts real?

(Yes... that is a serious question).

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on June 05, 2007, 04:13:38 PM

So are ghosts real?

You have to watch the show, but they have caught some stuff on camera that might raise a eyebrow.  They go into the investigation trying to disprove hauntings.  They haven't caught any ghost on camera, but they have caught chairs moving, glasses breaking and bed sheets being moved off a sleeping person.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 05, 2007, 05:31:00 PM

So are ghosts real?

You have to watch the show, but they have caught some stuff on camera that might raise a eyebrow.  They go into the investigation trying to disprove hauntings.  They haven't caught any ghost on camera, but they have caught chairs moving, glasses breaking and bed sheets being moved off a sleeping person.

Hmm. I can do all of those things on camera too. Can I get my own show?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:04 AM »

Quote from: ATB on June 05, 2007, 05:43:14 PM

So are ghosts real?

Hmm. I can do all of those things on camera too. Can I get my own show?

no.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »

So are ghosts real?

Actually the recent episodes have had some creepy stuff in them. In the episode on Wednesday, a faucet turned on by itself. That was really wierd, the guy had to go in and manually turn it off.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »

I always wanted to see these guys actually get attacked Blair Witch-style only we see actual blood fly across the screen so we know it's real. It's not that I'm sadistic, but I tend to think these shows are full of it. icon_wink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on June 22, 2007, 02:33:38 PM

I always wanted to see these guys actually get attacked Blair Witch-style only we see actual blood fly across the screen so we know it's real. It's not that I'm sadistic, but I tend to think these shows are full of it. icon_wink

send forth the...... ZOMBIE NINJAS!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »

What gets me is there was one episode where both the main guys went into a room, turned to the right, and you could tell there were in stunned silence. Later on they both said they saw a ghostly apparition of a woman go down the stairwell at the other side of the room.

WHY THE HELL COULDN"T THE CAMERAMAN HAVE MOVED INTO THE ROOM AND LOOKED AT WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING AT??!?!? Instead, we get a shot of them staring for about 1 full minute! Nice camera work buddy!

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

Quote from: raydude on June 22, 2007, 03:05:38 PM

What gets me is there was one episode where both the main guys went into a room, turned to the right, and you could tell there were in stunned silence. Later on they both said they saw a ghostly apparition of a woman go down the stairwell at the other side of the room.

WHY THE HELL COULDN"T THE CAMERAMAN HAVE MOVED INTO THE ROOM AND LOOKED AT WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING AT??!?!? Instead, we get a shot of them staring for about 1 full minute! Nice camera work buddy!

Exactly.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 04:33:30 PM »

Because the camera man is there to get footage of the show which is the people doing the ghost hunting and not there to try and do the peoples job of hunting ghosts.  He is doing what he is supposed to do.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 08:32:07 AM »

I think they either stage some things, or the people in charge of the "haunted" places stage some things for the show.

For example, in the Queen Mary episode, they had another bedsheet moving incident which they later proved clearly that someone had snuck into the room via small side passage and paused the camera, got behind the bed, had someone unpause, and slowly moved the bedsheets.  The subsequent dialogue and camera work tried to subtley play it off as this one PR woman (who first mentioned bedsheets being pulled off people in that room in the intro) as having done it, but frankly it could have been the Ghost Hunters crew itself.

Let's also not forget that some of these places want tourist revenue, so they have

And why the heck weren't those two ghost hunters not carrying a camera to capture said spirit descending staircase, nor point it out?  In general, they're there to for a show, and no one would watch the show if all they found, one after another, is nothing interesting at each site.

And in general, there's a lot of stuff happening in the world.  There's some strange stuff that happens in the world that can later be explained and repeated by interactions in physics.  Heck, I've had my room door slam many times, but my knowledge of how powerful air pressure differences are, same with how sound can carry oddly far when I actually heard a conversation being held way down the street in eery clarity.  Turns out it was just a federal holiday and there were no cars and people out and about to generate background noise that cover up things like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: