http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:48:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting sick while travelling internationally really sucks  (Read 248 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »

<!--If you don't want to read whining...click away now, you have been warned! -->
<whine>

So on Saturday I flew from Pittsburgh to Detroit, then Detroit to Paris, and finally Paris to Toulouse, France.  All told by the time I got to my hotel I had been awake for 27 hours.  I took a sleep aid on the leg from Detroit to Paris, but was unable to fall asleep sadly.  So I make it to the hotel at around 1 PM local time (7 AM for my body), sleep for a few hours and then wake up so I can sleep later that night.  8 PM rolls around and I am exhausted, and I decided to go to bed.  I manage to sleep from 8 PM to 3 AM, but then am wide awake...wanting to force my body to adjust to the time I take a sleep aid and fall asleep at 4 AM, only to be awoken at 6 AM.  Now my body is very confused, tired from the sleep aide and I have to get ready to go to work.

Fast forward to today and I am in a full on cold.  Last night I got at most 4 hours of sleep as the cold and congestion kept me awake.  It was roughly 76 degrees outside and in my room as the hotel/motel has no AC and I am just miserable.  I went to a pharmacy but they only spoke french, took me 30 minutes to get what I hope is cold medicine.  To top it off I seem to have some sort of rash under both arms...which looks very much like what I had when I developed the Shingles...so hopping it is just some sort of allergic reaction.

At this point I am just praying I make it through the last 3 days of teaching my class so I can get on a plane and fly home, just to be screwed up even more.

</whine>
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »

That sucks, but at least you are not on vacation.  If you are there for a class, then I assume they are paying for this trip?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 17, 2013, 02:48:36 PM

That sucks, but at least you are not on vacation.  If you are there for a class, then I assume they are paying for this trip?

Yeah the customer is covering my expenses since they chose to pay for an on-site class, so there is that.

Thankfully my congestion has let up a little bit, really hoping I can get some solid sleep tonight...but doubtful, just got back to my room and it is about 80 degrees inside.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »

it's probably the SARS.

or Lupus.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 17, 2013, 03:41:59 PM

it's probably the SARS.

or Lupus.

It is always Lupus!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print