http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 07:54:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get this....Little Man breaks some records!  (Read 1272 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:13:27 AM »

http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20060716163812624

Apparently it has broken the record in it's meteoric fury towards the ground.  Quoted the whole article to avoid the nasty pop-ups.

The movie is the quickest to hit Internet Movie Database's list of the bottom 100 movies of all time. Little Man currently ranks as the 24th worst movie of all time. The movie has already gathered over 900 votes with a horrible 2.1 rating. This means that 72% of voters gave this film a 1 rating, the lowest rating you can give a film on imdb. While most people agree that this movie was horrible, almost 16% of those who voted gave the film a 10 out of 10. That means that only one tenth of the voters believed the movie was anything in the middle.

Also of note, voters under the age of 18 gave the movie an average rating of 2.5, while the over 18 audience gave the movie an average rating of a 1.6, almost one whole point below. So if you're under 18, you will still hate the movie, but not as badly as your parents. The strangest findings from the in depth rating analysis is that females under 18 liked the film more than most, with a 3.8 average rating.

The 2002 film .com for Murder is currently ranked as the worst movie of all time on the list, followed by Phat Girlz, Troll 2, and From Justin to Kelly.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Slipblade
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 07:40:12 AM »

Boy that just makes me really NOT want to see it.  

Oh for added amusement  

IMDB Top Worst Movies
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »

Garbage like Little Man  gets greenlit, yet we'll never see Serenity 2.  Sometimes there is truly no justice in the world.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
Garbage like Little Man  gets greenlit, yet we'll never see Serenity 2.  Sometimes there is truly no justice in the world.  frown

Well, White Chicks did very well and Little Man just doubled Serenity's opening weekend so it's not really surprising that the Wayans' comedies continue to get the greenlight.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 02:06:18 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "Gratch"

Well, White Chicks did very well and Little Man just doubled Serenity's opening weekend so it's not really surprising that the Wayans' comedies continue to get the greenlight.

Yeah - it only proves that the average person is a complete idiot, and said idiot will see just about any crap on the big screen.

And Manos: The Hands of Fate is only 32 on the bottom 100 IMDB list? It's a travesty!

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »

Serenity wasn't a good movie. Get over it. Stop using it as the poster child for "Wahhh, Hollywood doesn't like quality stuff" kthx. Cool

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 02:24:43 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Serenity wasn't a good movie. Get over it. Stop using it as the poster child for "Wahhh, Hollywood doesn't like quality stuff" kthx. Cool

Yeah, it was just okay.  Emperor, no clothes... all that. Tongue
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:44:34 PM »

... Little Man just doubled Serenity's opening weekend ...

That's so sad. That's so sad.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »

I love the advertising for this movie:  "From the creators of White Chicks!!"  

Dudes, that's a liability, not a selling point.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 06:07:41 PM »

Can I keep using it as the poster child for "Wahhh, tv execs don't like quality stuff"?  Because one of the biggest faults I found with Serenity is that it had at least two Firefly seasons worth of plot crammed into it and two hours just wanted long enough to cover that much ground.  If Fox hadn't f'ed it up...oh well.

As for Little Man, make the movie, grab the opening weekend take and run:  that seems to be the formula they were following.  I"m sure DVD sales will be okay too.  Everyone'll make their money back and we'll see another Wayan Brothers Epic sometime in the near future, I'm sure.

As for me, I'll just watch the Looney Toons short they stole the idea from (so blatant) and stop there.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »

Some of that may have to do with the fact that I've see a 'Little Man' TV spot every single time I sit down in front of the TV, and saw maybe 1 promo for Serenity before it came out.   But that's neither here nor there.  I am wondering though, who in the hell pays to see this stuff?   I can't think of a single person I know that would be willing to lay down money to see 'Little Man'.   Maybe I'm just not the target demographic...

Serenity wasn't a good movie. Get over it. Stop using it as the poster child for "Wahhh, Hollywood doesn't like quality stuff" kthx.

I just picked Serenity because it is a personal fave.  Go ahead and say 'Garbage like Little Man gets greenlit, yet we'll never see (your own favorite movie that didn't get a sequel) 2' if it makes you feel better.  In Serenity's defense, however, I don't see many people clamoring for 'White Chicks 2'.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 02:11:36 AM »

man, I dig lowbrow comedies if they are even moderately witty (hell, Dodgeball is a favorite of mine). Nothing about Little Man strikes me as even vaguely amusing. It looks like one of those fake trailers that pops up sometimes, only to turn out to be a PSA (like the cell phone ones you see in theaters somtimes), or a commercial (Tiny House comes to mind).

Here's a thought, something that honestly gets proven to me every single day...

Think of how stupid the average person is. How ignorant or self centered, small minded or easily amused they seem. By definition, half of all people are even more so.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

Quote from: "WorkingMike"
Nothing about Little Man strikes me as even vaguely amusing. It looks like one of those fake trailers that pops up sometimes, only to turn out to be a PSA (like the cell phone ones you see in theaters somtimes), or a commercial (Tiny House comes to mind).

Difference being that I actually wanted to see Tiny House.  biggrin

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 06:04:37 PM »

I could have sworn Tiny House was a real reality show the first time that commercial came on.  And the first time I saw a commercial for Little Man, I thought, 'when can we charge keenan ivory wayans for crimes against humanity for all the horrors he has unleashed?'.  If only the rest of the wayans would've followed him into obscurity.

(But I will admit I laughed at certain parts of 'I'm gonna git you sucka!'.  I feel awful right now.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »

That's because you have no fucking taste.  Get over it and hand in your man card.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:19:36 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
(But I will admit I laughed at certain parts of 'I'm gonna git you sucka!'.  I feel awful right now.)

That was a great movie!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: