http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:58:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Lucas is a freaking IDIOT  (Read 2144 times)
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:56:23 PM »

So, I'm midly interested in Episode III.  I want to see the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader etc....but this quote REALLY bothers me.

Lucas says, "This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe it as 'Titanic' in space. It's a tearjerker."

Titanic is space?!  You've got to be freaking kidding me.  I feel like my childhood is being raped and pillaged by this assmonger.  

Read here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/film.starwars.ap/index.html

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
SuperHiro
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »

What a self-absorbed douchebag.

Just Hiro will do.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:26:53 PM »

I just stick to my original unedited versions of the first trilogy on vhs.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 11:48:26 PM »

Greedo....shoots....first.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 11:53:47 PM »

Check this crazy shtuff out. I'd actually be totally down for it.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 12:56:13 AM »

Quote from: "jessie"
So, I'm midly interested in Episode III.  I want to see the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader etc....

The problem is that there will not be an explanation.  If ep. 2 is any indication then there won't be any really good scene which shows why Anakin turned.  He will just turn becuase he is a prick.

Yog-Sothoth
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 08:01:24 AM »

Dafones wrote:
The problem is that there will not be an explanation. If ep. 2 is any indication then there won't be any really good scene which shows why Anakin turned. He will just turn becuase he is a prick.

He is a prick, though.  Darth (the real Darth) was never that annoying.
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 02:33:20 PM »

The man creates one of the best film sagas in cinematic history but is now a complete idiot for using a poor choice of words?

This is amazing puke

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 11:09:50 PM »

Quote from: "Crowley"
The man creates one of the best film sagas in cinematic history but is now a complete idiot for using a poor choice of words?

This is amazing puke

The first time Crowley and I have ever agreed on anything? Perhaps. However, he is totally right. Yeah, he raped our childhood so good by making three of the best sci-fi movies ever that energized a generation of kids. Yeah, fuck that asshole. How dare he. Holy shit, come to think of it, fuck me too, because flaws and all, I liked Ep I and II, and you know what, fuck me again because I understand that the Titanic story is supposedly about love and loss, and in Ep III, the Jedi all day, Padme dies after having Luke and Leia, Anakin falls from goodness/grace and the most powerful of the Jedi to becoming a Dark Lord of the Sith, kills and betrays his former friends, and eventually loses all that made him human.

Hmm. Titanic story: sad story about love and loss/somewhat sappy and horribly overdone 10 years later. SWIII story: sad story about love, loss, and betrayal, possibly compared to the wrong movie by the "fucking asshole" that gave me a series of movies, books, games, and ideas that have entertained me for 20 years and still do.

FUCK YOU GEORGE LUCAS.  :roll:
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 03:30:53 AM »

I think I'll wait for the Lego version.....
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 05:21:49 AM »

To be honest, I think George said it just to piss Star Wars nerd off.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 06:50:27 AM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"

I'm firmly convinced that 99% of his actions have that motivation.

lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 06:57:50 AM »

Quote from: "Gratch"

And I'm firmly convinced he'll still make millions off this movie.  It would be a blessing if he just 'disappeared' and left the creative rights to a competent person.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »

Maybe his Titanic comparison wasn't in reference the movie, but rather the actual disaster?

And c'mon, who are any of us kidding.  We'll all be there to see it, regardless of Lucas being a putz.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 09:03:44 PM »

Quote from: "lokiju"
Quote from: "Gratch"

And I'm firmly convinced he'll still make millions off this movie.  It would be a blessing if he just 'disappeared' and left the creative rights to a competent person.

Of course he'll make millions.  Mainly because most of the people who spout off about how horrible everything Lucas touches is will pay to see them anyways.

/random Star Wars rant

As an aside.  I'm firmly in the 'It's his creation, he can do what he wants' camp.  I get a kick out of all the people that whine about the prequels not being 'real' Star Wars movies.  Lucas created the universe, the characters, and the mythos.  It's his vision, and he takes it where he wants to, despite everybody bitching and whining about it.  In some ways, you have to respect that.  You may not like the new Star Wars films, but they are most definately 'real' Star Wars films.

And while we're at it, can everybody please quit with the 'Lucas raped my childhood' shit?  The original trilogy were monumental, landmark movies that enthralled us all as kids.  If seeing the prequels somehow lessens that for you (how that happens, I'm not entirely clear on), then don't watch them.  Go buy the original VHS copies off E-bay and watch them to your heart's content.  Just quit friggin whining about it.

/random SW rant off

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 04:33:24 AM »

Yeah, but see, I could have made a better Episode I. With all my, um, film knowledge and stuff, and mad skills and, um, jolt fuelled Star Wars marathons in my Mom's basement and my magic 'Death to Jar Jar' fitted baseball cap.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 06:57:51 AM »

Ironically I think I might have watched one of the movies... like when someone had the dvd and I borrowed it, but I refuse to spend one red cent on anything Lucas has done since the original 3...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Buldrhm
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 01:03:01 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Quote from: "jessie"
So, I'm midly interested in Episode III.  I want to see the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader etc....

The problem is that there will not be an explanation.  If ep. 2 is any indication then there won't be any really good scene which shows why Anakin turned.  He will just turn becuase he is a prick.

If you've seen episode one you know why he turns.  It is the prophecy, Anakin will bring balance to the force.  Right now it is 1000's of jedi vs 2 sith, the chosen one will make it 2 on 2, what scene could tell us more  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: