http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 12:33:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gene Wilder-'Willy Wonka' remake was an Insult  (Read 1865 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »

Tarantino is just about the only filmmaker I can think of that takes his time with stuff like that today.  The scene in the bar, for example.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2013, 07:03:07 AM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on June 20, 2013, 08:31:14 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 20, 2013, 01:32:56 PM

Godfather 1 is one such movie. Try watching it with someone who hasn't seen it before before yelling at me, please - Its the slowest movie ever (now!).

Obviously you've forgotten about Once Upon a Time in the West.  A fly gets more screen time than the bulk of the actors in the film.  Almost no one from the lengthy opening scene is seen again in the film.  Today the first fifteen minutes of the film would be reduced to less than 30 seconds of quick cuts.  I can't say it's the slowest movie ever since I've yet to make it through Cleopatra or the soviet version of War and Peace.

Hah, thats true - I *loved* that movie as a kid, but can't bear to watch it anymore. Another favorite was The Maltese Falcon, and that still semi-holds up, but I can't get other people to watch more than 20 minutes of it with me. I guess my original memories of it are strong enough to overcome the older style of storytelling.

A new one
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »

There was a time (in my youth) I wouldn't watch a movie that was in black and white. It really wasn't until I took a film class in my freshman year of college that my eyes were opened to film history.

After that I became pretty voracious in my appetite for catching up on old movies. I topped it off with watching everything on the AFI Top 100 list a year or two ago.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 21, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

There was a time (in my youth) I wouldn't watch a movie that was in black and white. It really wasn't until I took a film class in my freshman year of college that my eyes were opened to film history.

After that I became pretty voracious in my appetite for catching up on old movies. I topped it off with watching everything on the AFI Top 100 list a year or two ago.

Hey! Look who's back!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: