http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 11:11:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gardenburger availability  (Read 916 times)
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »

I have not seen Gardenburgers at the supermarket (Walmart, Target, Meijer, and Krogers).  Are they still available in your area?
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

Yes.
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 02:52:01 PM »

We get them all the time at Meijer and Kroger (in Kentucky).

Kroger even had a recent sale on all of the Morningstar Farms stuff (not sure if it was regional) where everything was $2 a box (normally ~$4).  That sale prompted us to buy a chest freezer smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »

I'm not sure.  I only eat burgers made of red meat, screw that turkey/tofu/cardboard substitute stuff!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 03:57:52 PM »

My wife eats bogus burgers. We can get either Boca or Morningstar brands. She likes the black-bean versions.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

They are readily available in nearly all stores here in Colorado, but Boca Burgers seem to becoming more popular and are equally available.  One of our favorite ways to eat them is the murder burger way: with thick sliced yummy bacon on top!   drool

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »

Quote from: Shinjin on May 01, 2008, 02:52:01 PM

Kroger even had a recent sale on all of the Morningstar Farms stuff (not sure if it was regional) where everything was $2 a box (normally ~$4).

Same here actually. The Kentucky part too  icon_biggrin

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:54 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on May 01, 2008, 03:57:52 PM

My wife eats bogus burgers. We can get either Boca or Morningstar brands. She likes the black-bean versions.

Yeah when I had a vegetarian stint I much prefered the Boca and Morning Star stuff.  Especially Morning Star Farms.  Their veggie buffalo wings are really damn good even for meat eaters.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:18:29 PM »

Oh, I guess I should elaborate.  smile

We find them in most of the grocery stores that we go into, Gardenburgers, Boca, Morningstar among others.  Do you have a place like Whole Foods or Central Market?  I'm almost positive that Central Market may be a Texas only deal, not so sure about Whole Foods.  If not, see if there is a grocery store that specializes in health food like the two I mentioned previously in your area.

I prefer the Morningstar black bean patties myself.  I normally don't eat much beef anymore, and that usually hits the spot when I crave a healthier burger than Whataburger.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »

Whole Foods is here in the northwest area, and they indeed have gardenburgers.

That said, I MUUUCH prefer Boca.  The spicy chick'n (which I think they've discontinued or something...) was amazing.

Morningstar gives me the shits.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on May 01, 2008, 06:43:13 PM

I MUUUCH prefer Boca.  The spicy chick'n (which I think they've discontinued or something...) was amazing.

There's a brand (I can't think of the name) that comes in an orange box, and they have some chicken stuff that I swear tastes and has the texture of chicken.  My wife used to eat it all the time before I converted her to the real thing.
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »

Quorn?

It's tasty and I dig their "chicken" nuggets and tenders.  The "chicken" patties for some reason tend to have occasional odd textures.  It's almost like getting a surprise onion in the middle of a meal where you aren't expecting it.  I'm not a big fan of the texture of onion, so it's probably just a personal issue.

The "turkey" is also pretty good.

What really needs to happen to Quorn is for the company to get bought out by a mega-corporation so that they can extend their product line.  Morningstar Farms was bought a few years back by Kraft and shortly after that you started seeing all of the new patty flavors and other things like their Meal Starters.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »

Quote from: Shinjin on May 01, 2008, 07:59:15 PM

Quorn?

It's tasty and I dig their "chicken" nuggets and tenders.  The "chicken" patties for some reason tend to have occasional odd textures.  It's almost like getting a surprise onion in the middle of a meal where you aren't expecting it.  I'm not a big fan of the texture of onion, so it's probably just a personal issue.

The "turkey" is also pretty good.

That's it!  I really liked the "chicken" nuggets.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on May 01, 2008, 06:12:51 PM

Kroger even had a recent sale on all of the Morningstar Farms stuff (not sure if it was regional) where everything was $2 a box (normally ~$4).

i wonder if i've ever seen them that cheap. being vegetarian and a former meat-devourer, i live off the stuff. being that this is Seattle, they're available *everywhere and prices range from $3 (Trader Joes) to almost $5 (Whole Paycheck, PCC and other co-ops). you'd think with the higher rate of consumption, they'd be a bit less expensive, but noooooo... stupid cost of living.
spoonful
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 02:41:16 AM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on May 02, 2008, 01:46:20 AM

Quote from: Thin_J on May 01, 2008, 06:12:51 PM

i wonder if i've ever seen them that cheap. being vegetarian and a former meat-devourer, i live off the stuff. being that this is Seattle, they're available *everywhere and prices range from $3 (Trader Joes) to almost $5 (Whole Paycheck, PCC and other co-ops). you'd think with the higher rate of consumption, they'd be a bit less expensive, but noooooo... stupid cost of living.

They had the $2 deal in Phoenix as well. The sausage patties are fantastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: