http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Game of Thrones - Season 4 is coming (please mark spoilers)  (Read 45974 times)
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »

Quote from: notrich on March 25, 2012, 03:35:34 PM

that link isn't working for me, so i don't know if it references one book per season, but in previous articles - there has been reference to the later books in the series getting two seasons per book (starting with storm of swords)

No, there's been talk about ONLY Storm of Swords receiving two seasons, while books 4 and 5 will most likely be combined, though they'll still occupy two seasons in total. That means we're looking at 6 seasons to cover all the 5 books released so far.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:17 AM »

Interactive content coming to iPad HBOGO app

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/29/interactive-game-of-thrones-content-comes-to-hbo-go-ipad-app/
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 30, 2012, 04:59:17 AM »

Funny thing is according imdb the girl who plays Arya is almost 14, though she doesn' t look it.

Sent from Tapatalk
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »

Quote from: Jumangi on March 30, 2012, 04:59:17 AM

Funny thing is according imdb the girl who plays Arya is almost 14, though she doesn' t look it.

She was 13 during the recording of season 1, and turned 14 last year in May or so, so she's just about to hit 15. I notice a rather large difference in both her and Sansa since the earliest scenes that were filmed. Especially Sansa. Look at her scene when she meets Cersei for the first time in Winterfell. That's one of the scenes that was shot for the original pilot, and she's about 3 years older today. It's definitely noticeable.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 01, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »

Quote from: Asharak on March 25, 2012, 11:25:59 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on March 24, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

damn, if they keep up with one book per season it looks like they could get close to running out of stuff to film before he is done with the series:

http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20120312/george-martin-game-of-thrones-120313.html

Don't worry, if he starts running out of time he can always consult Casey Hudson and the ME3 team for advice on how to end a beloved saga on a deadline. icon_twisted

- Ash

HBO can come up with a ending, but you'll have to read the books for the perfect one.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 01, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 01, 2012, 05:55:04 AM

HBO can come up with a ending, but you'll have to read the books for the perfect one.
i will be perfectly happy if it makes it to the end of ASOS... (it would be nice if they used flashbacks in a couple of episodes to flesh-out the knight of the laughing tree story... the armorer could play the young baratheon, arya could play lyanna stark... it would be awesome... too bad it will probably never happen)

Meanwhile... the GOT marathon is happening today... and I finally got a joke (completely missed it the first time iirc)

it is the time that jon snow is talking with tubby about not wanting to father any bastards and...

Spoiler for Hiden:
tubby makes a good oral/other sex joke, "well then... you DIDN'T know where to put it"
that made me laugh... i can't believe i didn't notice it before
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 02, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »

awesome.  Dish network is offering free HBO for who knows how long. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 02, 2012, 03:56:13 AM »

Squeeeeeeee!  Loved it.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: April 02, 2012, 06:08:40 AM »

I was surprised to hear that they've changed the title theme. Most surprising is the fact that I haven't seen anyone else mention this so far, so it caught me completely flat-footed. The changes aren't exactly massive, but they are noticeable. I suspect I'll prefer this new version as it sounds more natural and dynamic than the original, which was made in a hurry.

Good episode. The part at the end (you know what I'm talking about) was pretty gruesome to watch. I wonder how many viewers they'll lose to that particular scene alone.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 02, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

Been a long time since a TV show has made an hour go by so fast. Just like reading the books, each time they jump to a different location its a new piece of awesomeness. Also watching this confirms that I can't watch TV with commercials anymore. Its channels like HBO, Netflix, or discs for me all the time now. Just like a movie I don't want anything breaking the watching experience.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »

Good start for the new season. I hate how they took so long though as I forgot half the shit that happened in season 1 already.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »

its amazing that even though i found the episode "boring" it was still fantastic.  the repartee that several of the actor / character pairings have is wonderful.  of special note - tyrion / cersei (small council scene), rob / jamie and the wolf was wonderful (just the way he slinked around the edge of the cage and jamies plain fear was great) and rob / cat.  oh and how can i forget daeny / jorah which was a standout relationship in the first season and looks to only be getting better!

ah really love the bran / maester luen scene as well (did i get the spelling on that one right?)

the evening was spent nursing several special brews and watching / rewatching the show in what was a combo viewing tasting party.

AND LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD GO BACK AND EDIT FOR SPOILERS!
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »

I just started the 4th book, having not watched any of the HBO series until recentely.  I'm really impressed with how closely the series follows the books, cramming as much content as they can into 1 hour episodes.  The actors are very well cast in their roles...which they act well.  I love the intro segment for each episode, zooming around the map of the realm, with the sigils of each house marking key locations.  What a clever and well done show introduction.  They did have to cut on some backstory in each episode, but they managed to get a lot of the key story elements into each show.

The only major difference in the HBO series that I don't remember from the books was (very mild season 1 character spoiler)...
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Knight of Flowers having a romantic thing with Renly.  Was that made up for the HBO series?  I don't remember that at all from the book.  I always imagined Ser Loras as the charming, lady-killer from the books, the perfect chivalric knight.  Same with Renly, but rougher around the edges.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on April 02, 2012, 09:19:38 PM

I just started the 4th book, having not watched any of the HBO series until recentely.  I'm really impressed with how closely the series follows the books, cramming as much content as they can into 1 hour episodes.  The actors are very well cast in their roles...which they act well.  I love the intro segment for each episode, zooming around the map of the realm, with the sigils of each house marking key locations.  What a clever and well done show introduction.  They did have to cut on some backstory in each episode, but they managed to get a lot of the key story elements into each show.

The only major difference in the HBO series that I don't remember from the books was (very mild season 1 character spoiler)...
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Knight of Flowers having a romantic thing with Renly.  Was that made up for the HBO series?  I don't remember that at all from the book.  I always imagined Ser Loras as the charming, lady-killer from the books, the perfect chivalric knight.  Same with Renly, but rougher around the edges.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't recall him either in the book (*note: having that relationship), considering his female connection in Clash of Kings, I was confused whaty they added it.  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:22:24 PM by leo8877 » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 02, 2012, 06:08:40 AM

I was surprised to hear that they've changed the title theme. Most surprising is the fact that I haven't seen anyone else mention this so far, so it caught me completely flat-footed. The changes aren't exactly massive, but they are noticeable. I suspect I'll prefer this new version as it sounds more natural and dynamic than the original, which was made in a hurry.

Good episode. The part at the end (you know what I'm talking about) was pretty gruesome to watch. I wonder how many viewers they'll lose to that particular scene alone.

I didn't like the new theme changes, it seemed muted.

Also, I doubt they lost a single viewer over the culling.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 02, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 02, 2012, 09:20:34 PM

I just started the 4th book, having not watched any of the HBO series until recentely.  I'm really impressed with how closely the series follows the books, cramming as much content as they can into 1 hour episodes.  The actors are very well cast in their roles...which they act well.  I love the intro segment for each episode, zooming around the map of the realm, with the sigils of each house marking key locations.  What a clever and well done show introduction.  They did have to cut on some backstory in each episode, but they managed to get a lot of the key story elements into each show.

Spoiler for Hiden:
the Knight of Flowers having a romantic thing with Renly.  Was that made up for the HBO series?  I don't remember that at all from the book.  I always imagined Ser Loras as the charming, lady-killer from the books, the perfect chivalric knight.  Same with Renly, but rougher around the edges.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't recall him either in the book (*note: having that relationship), considering his female connection in Clash of Kings, I was confused whaty they added it. 

It is in the book but it's very subtle since it was supposed to be a secret.  There are several references to it. 

That's why so many people were willing to believe (Book 2 spoiler):

Spoiler for Clash of Kings:
That Renly never consummated his marriage
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: April 03, 2012, 12:44:46 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on April 02, 2012, 07:43:40 PM

of special note - tyrion / cersei (small council scene), rob / jamie and the wolf was wonderful

Absolutely and it was the best part of a great episode. Tyrion is going to steal the entire season.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 02, 2012, 09:29:11 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 02, 2012, 09:20:34 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

It is in the book but it's very subtle since it was supposed to be a secret.  There are several references to it. 

Exactly, It's there but you really have to pay attention to see it. HBO certainly expanded on it though.

If you go back and read the scenes with Sansa talking to Ser Loras you can see his motivations.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 03, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on April 03, 2012, 12:44:46 AM

of special note - tyrion / cersei (small council scene), rob / jamie and the wolf was wonderful

Absolutely and it was the best part of a great episode. Tyrion is going to steal the entire season.

He stole the entire last season, as far as I'm concerned.  They should just go ahead and change the name of the show to "The Dinklage Hour" at this point.

And i wanna see what happens if someone really angers Tyrion...enough so that he seeks vengeance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:56:28 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 03, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 03, 2012, 01:54:36 PM

Quote from: Crusis on April 03, 2012, 12:44:46 AM

He stole the entire last season, as far as I'm concerned.  They should just go ahead and change the name of the show to "The Dinklage Hour" at this point.

And i wanna see what happens if someone really angers Tyrion...enough so that he seeks vengeance.

I take it you haven't read the books. To avoid spoilers, lets just say that this is Tyrion's season, Dinklage or no Dinklage, it's just icing on the cake that Tyrion is played by a really good actor.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »

Nope, I've never read the books.  Someday I might, but right now I'm just enjoying the show's twists and turns.  Tyrion reminds me a lot of Garak from Deep Space Nine...and that was my favorite Trek character of all time.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »

NY Times has a good interview with Dinklage.  And it really makes his role in Elf that much funnier.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »

I usually come away from those articles wanting to punch the subject as they inevitably turn towards self aggrandizing bull, but that was so utterly sincere and self effacing that I now like Dinklage even more...and I didn't think that was possible.   icon_biggrin

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 02, 2012, 06:08:40 AM

Yeah with having a 2 year old (not a bastard Tongue) that was painful to watch.  I would have gone on a killing spree to those who were responsible.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 04, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 03, 2012, 11:17:20 AM

Exactly, It's there but you really have to pay attention to see it. HBO certainly expanded on it though.

If you go back and read the scenes with Sansa talking to Ser Loras you can see his motivations.
I remember that exchange with Sansa in the book.  I'm embarrassed that the subtle truth of that moment went over my head.  I'll have to go back and reread it.  I'm not complaining, I actually think it's cool that I missed something because I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was reading.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 04, 2012, 12:39:55 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on April 04, 2012, 12:11:30 AM

Quote from: Scraper on April 03, 2012, 11:17:20 AM

I remember that exchange with Sansa in the book.  I'm embarrassed that the subtle truth of that moment went over my head.  I'll have to go back and reread it.  I'm not complaining, I actually think it's cool that I missed something because I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was reading.  Thanks for pointing that out.

You can also see it when they describe Lora's reactions to certain things that haven't happend in the show yet, and when Breane talks about Loras. But it's all very subtle.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »

Great episode last night! 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 09, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »

I think we need a new drinking game.  Whenever someone on the show tries to diddle their sister, you drink a shot. 

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 09, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »

but only if the sister is hot. The one last night had a face like a can of smashed assholes! retard

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »

So you support incest as long as the female relative is attractive?  That's...good to know?

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 09, 2012, 10:35:45 PM »

its a game the whole family can play. Who better to play it with than one who is attractive... wait a second did I just post this....

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 10, 2012, 03:19:13 AM »

Not even sure why this is an issue when Theon didn't even know that was his sister until *after* the fact.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 10, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 10, 2012, 03:19:13 AM

Not even sure why this is an issue when Theon didn't even know that was his sister until *after* the fact.

I agree. In the book it comes off showing how much of a perv he is, it also shows how foolish and unready he is to be a true lord.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 10, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 10, 2012, 11:09:59 AM

I agree. In the book it comes off showing how much of a perv he is, it also shows how foolish and unready he is to be a true lord.

I thought the episode conveyed the same thing.  It's not like Theon said "ohh, there's my sister, let me feel her up!".

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »

she could have pulled away. gross!

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 10, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »

Quote from: Roman on April 10, 2012, 04:19:25 PM

She was testing him in order to see what kind of a man he grew to be. He failed.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 10, 2012, 01:45:43 PM

I thought the episode conveyed the same thing.  It's not like Theon said "ohh, there's my sister, let me feel her up!".

I thought the only thing they glossed over was how badly the captain's daughter wanted to go with him.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 10, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 10, 2012, 04:28:29 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on April 10, 2012, 01:45:43 PM

I thought the only thing they glossed over was how badly the captain's daughter wanted to go with him.

Yeah but they did nail how she was no beauty Queen. I almost felt bad for her when Theon told her to shut her mouth when he smiles.

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 10, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 10, 2012, 04:22:10 PM

Quote from: Roman on April 10, 2012, 04:19:25 PM

She was testing him in order to see what kind of a man he grew to be. He failed.

testing is fine. enjoying the test is a whole other basked of eggs.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 10, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

The only thing Theon is good for is full frontal.   ninja
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: