http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 04:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Game of Thrones - Season 4 is coming (please mark spoilers)  (Read 46441 times)
Gryndyl
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 20, 2011, 02:23:15 PM

Quote from: Moliere on April 20, 2011, 02:22:33 PM

Who were the two people having sex at the end in the tower? I still don't recognize all the characters and remember their relationships. It looked like the Queen and the son of the King?  icon_confused

Jaime and Cersie Lannister.  They're actually twins.

In other words, the Queen and her twin brother.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »

Who were the two people having sex at the end in the tower? I still don't recognize all the characters and remember their relationships. It looked like the Queen and the son of the King?  icon_confused

Yeah.  puke
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 20, 2011, 03:33:05 PM

Yeah.  puke

they ain't no Luke and Leia, that's for sure.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 20, 2011, 03:37:42 PM

Yeah.  puke

I don't remember Luke sticking his wookie in her death star.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on April 20, 2011, 03:55:12 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 20, 2011, 03:37:42 PM

Yeah.  puke

I don't remember Luke sticking his wookie in her death star.

that's what I meant.  at least Luke didn't perform a trench run on her to bullseye her exhaust port.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

Oh man I didn't know the Queen was played by that chick!  I totally didn't recognize her.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »

only a few hours to go.....

Because I can,
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:41 AM »

Ah, Dire Wolves.  They grow up so fast.  One moment they're cute little balls of fluff, the next they're ripping out some guy's throat .
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »

Quote from: Flatlander on April 25, 2011, 02:06:41 AM

Ah, Dire Wolves.  They grow up so fast.  One moment they're cute little balls of fluff, the next they're ripping out some guy's throat .

That was awesome when the boys wolf did that. I was sad to see
Spoiler for Hiden:
them kill off one of the wolves already. I'm assuming the youngest girls wolf will re-appear at some point (I've never read the books... it's all new ground for me!)

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2011, 09:22:05 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
   I was a little surprised at  Cersi's visit to Bran's sickroom.   She was talking about losing her first son.  A dark haired boy.  He caught a mysterious fever and quickly died.  Don't remember that from the book, but it's certainly nice foreshadowing.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »

Quote from: Flatlander on April 25, 2011, 09:22:05 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
   I was a little surprised at  Cersi's visit to Bran's sickroom.   She was talking about losing her first son.  A dark haired boy.  He caught a mysterious fever and quickly died.  Don't remember that from the book, but it's certainly nice foreshadowing.
Spoiler for Hiden:
No, it is not in the book.  However, it fits Cersei being a conniving bitch.  By claiming she had a dark-haired son in front of Caetlyn, it will raise doubt later in the story when it's pretty darn clear none of the royal children were sired by Robert Baratheon.  It's just another way of introducing how truly despicable Cersei is in an effort to condense the story line.  Of course, we don't know she was lying, yet.
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 12:34:52 AM »

Quote from: theohall on April 26, 2011, 12:26:28 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
No, it is not in the book.  However, it fits Cersei being a conniving bitch.  By claiming she had a dark-haired son in front of Caetlyn, it will raise doubt later in the story when it's pretty darn clear none of the royal children were sired by Robert Baratheon.  It's just another way of introducing how truly despicable Cersei is in an effort to condense the story line.  Of course, we don't know she was lying, yet.

Spoiler for Hiden:
  I got the impression that the dark-haired son she was telling Caetlyn about was actually her's and Robert's,  but that she poisoned the boy because she only wanted children fathered by Jaime.  After all, Jon Arryn died from a "mysterious fever"  just like the dark-haired boy.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 01:00:01 AM »

Quote from: Flatlander on April 26, 2011, 12:34:52 AM

Quote from: theohall on April 26, 2011, 12:26:28 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
  I got the impression that the dark-haired son she was telling Caetlyn about was actually her's and Robert's,  but that she poisoned the boy because she only wanted children fathered by Jaime.  After all, Jon Arryn died from a "mysterious fever"  just like the dark-haired boy.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Right.  In the book she admits she only once got pregnant by Robert, and aborted the child.  If you know her backstory, her talk with Catelyn seems menacing, because she's basically toying with her by telling the story.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

I know we're only two episodes in and I've never read the books, but do the bad guys ever rise above Snidely Whiplash levels of evil?  Even the young prince is just comically bad...the kind of bad you find in kid's books.  

Peter Dinklage is amazing, though.  He really is an actor's actor.  He's taken a character that could easily have been overwhelmed by his physical status and made me almost completely forget that he's a dwarf.  Fantastic and nuanced performance so far.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 26, 2011, 01:58:38 PM

I know we're only two episodes in and I've never read the books, but do the bad guys ever rise above Snidely Whiplash levels of evil?  Even the young prince is just comically bad...the kind of bad you find in kid's books. 

Peter Dinklage is amazing, though.  He really is an actor's actor.  He's taken a character that could easily have been overwhelmed by his physical status and made me almost completely forget that he's a dwarf.  Fantastic and nuanced performance so far.

I think what's great about the books is that so many of the "bad guys" are not black and white good/evil. Yes, the queen is a nutcase and Joffrey is a dink, but as the story goes on, you will be often torn on how to feel about about Jaime, Tyrion, The Dog, Littlefinger, etc.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »

I know we're only two episodes in and I've never read the books, but do the bad guys ever rise above Snidely Whiplash levels of evil?  Even the young prince is just comically bad...the kind of bad you find in kid's books.

depending on how far they get with the series you'll see bad guys do things that would make Snidely swear off being bad and become a crusader for justice.

Because I can,
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 26, 2011, 02:05:16 PM

I think what's great about the books is that so many of the "bad guys" are not black and white good/evil. Yes, the queen is a nutcase and Joffrey is a dink, but as the story goes on, you will be often torn on how to feel about about Jaime, Tyrion, The Dog, Littlefinger, etc.

Agreed.  I haven't watched the TV version yet.  But I am very happy they got a good actor to play Tyrion because he is my favorite character in the series.  I also grew to like Jaime more and more despite how he starts off.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:23 PM »

Peter Dinklage is amazing, though.  He really is an actor's actor.  He's taken a character that could easily have been overwhelmed by his physical status and made me almost completely forget that he's a dwarf.  Fantastic and nuanced performance so far.

Agreed. His scenes have been my favorite. "If you say another word I will slap you."  icon_biggrin

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 26, 2011, 02:48:23 PM

Agreed. His scenes have been my favorite. "If you say another word I will slap you."  icon_biggrin

what's equally amazing is that the guy's from Jersey and I just assumed that he was British by how well he does the accent in GoT.  It's not an over the top, cockney derivative that bad American actors will try to pass off.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:13:12 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »

Yeah, he's my favorite character thus far, for sure.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »

Shamelessly stolen from OO:

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »

Tyrion is actually supposed to have a hunchback, but I guess they decided to make him a little more appealing. I've also noticed that they only give you occasional glimpses of Sandor Clegane's face, although maybe they will have the scene with Sansa at some point where he explains where his injuries came from.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Who's that guy, I forget his name but as I recall he's known as The Mountain That Rides.  If memory serves the books make out there's barely a horse in the world who can support him because he's so massive.  I'm looking forward to seeing him on screen!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 26, 2011, 04:16:23 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Who's that guy, I forget his name but as I recall he's known as The Mountain That Rides.  If memory serves the books make out there's barely a horse in the world who can support him because he's so massive.  I'm looking forward to seeing him on screen!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Gregor Clegane, The Dog's brother.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »

Ah, thanks Teggy.  Shouldn't be much of a wait before we see how that's handled!

Steam profile
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »

Can we stop using Spoiler tags. I thought there was a general rule for these types of ongoing TV threads that people should not enter the thread unless they've seen the latest episode.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 26, 2011, 04:23:10 PM

Can we stop using Spoiler tags. I thought there was a general rule for these types of ongoing TV threads that people should not enter the thread unless they've seen the latest episode.

The spoiler tags seem to be there mostly when the discussion is about stuff that hasn't happened in the episodes shown so far.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »

perhaps some reference to what a spoiler applies to would work better, instead of someth9ing like this:

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 26, 2011, 04:16:23 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

now just putting it that way you have no clue if it's about episode 1, 2 or if it's Huw posting a pic of himself taking a poo.  I'm just using that as an example, not singling anyone out in particular.  heck, I've done it before too.

Because I can,
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 26, 2011, 04:27:54 PM

Quote from: Moliere on April 26, 2011, 04:23:10 PM

The spoiler tags seem to be there mostly when the discussion is about stuff that hasn't happened in the episodes shown so far.

Exactly.  Not everyone watching has read the books.

Steam profile
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »

I had a similar request, that if people are spoiling the show, then spoiler tag it up, but if you are going to spoil from the books for stuff that hasn't been on the show, make a note that the spoiler is a book spoiler...
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:24 PM »

Spoiler for Book Spoiler:
Testing a book spoiler

Spoiler for Show Spoiler:
Testing a show spoiler

Spoilers can apparently be tagged like URLs through the forum code, so with a little extra work, you can make it clear to everyone without having to click on it.  And, of course, you can quote this post to see how I did it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »

Code:
[spoiler=Here you go]Isgrimnur smells funny[/spoiler]
Spoiler for here you go:
Isgrimnur smells funny

Tongue

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

If you'd stop storing dead clowns in my trunk, I wouldn't have that problem.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »

Well if someone had gotten a bigger closet like I asked I wouldn't have too.

And they're not just clowns, they're clown hookers.  Show them some respect!

Because I can,
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

Spoiler for CeeKay:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »

Quote from: Flatlander on April 26, 2011, 11:10:47 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 26, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

Spoiler for CeeKay:

I don't know where you get your clown hookers from, but you're getting ripped off.  no rainbow wig or red rubber honking noses on their nipples?  I bet they don't even honk when you give it to skaggy style.

anyways, back to Game of Thrones!

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 27, 2011, 01:38:28 PM

Spoiler for Penny Arcade Comic:

FTFY  Tongue

Because I can,
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:50 AM »

HBO has a very nice viewer's guide  with an interactive map of the Seven Kingdoms and guide to the Houses which includes family trees featuring biographical information on major and minor characters plus a lot of relevant historical background..     Parts of it are spoilery if you haven't read the books.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »

w00t!

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: