http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 09:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Time Waster  (Read 957 times)
storz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »

Found this, pretty fun little zombie shooter. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it improved from version 1, although it is kind difficult once you get to 3rd city, due to low barricade value.  BTW, the chainsaw is really powerful now, and they removed Sniper rifle from the original version, guess that one is too powerful. And the ultimate weapon in this version is the machine gun, 200 rounds per reload, really fun while shooting all the zombies.  They added other weapon, like bow, rocket luncher, etc, but those are slow to reload, the best to keep is the shotgun and the chainsaw. Although I was kind hoping to fight some zombie in Union City, but I guess that's for version 3
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »

Fun.  I remember playing through he original a while back and being pretty impressed.  Wish my allies were more than stationary turrets though.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

3rd blockade is hella tough.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

I actually think the bow is the best weapon, head shots are usually one shot kills and there is zero reload time.

*edit*

After playing with the automatic weapons for a while I switched back to the bow.  Definitely my favorite weapon, took me all the way to victory.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:58:24 AM by Lordnine » Logged
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 05:49:26 AM »

22 days . Never found the bow. The chainsaw worked best for me till the end when my barracade fell and the thing would'nt start.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »

I was doing well but hurriedly moved down and clicked.  I moved down too far though and clicked a link outside of the game.  :doh:
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 29, 2008, 05:49:26 AM

22 days . Never found the bow. The chainsaw worked best for me till the end when my barracade fell and the thing would'nt start.

I found the bow twice in the 2nd location; the town in the middle of nowhere, not the city.

The bow might actually throw some people off because there is a slight pause between each shot but the fact that you are never get screwed over while your guy is reloading a whole clip more than makes up for it.  I actually find that pause helps me because it encourages me to aim for the face and get a lot more one shot kills, whereas I almost never find myself aiming with automatics.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

Bleh, there's some bug with the game that makes it impossible to shoot or reload after doing something (clicking outside the game?). Pretty much kills the game right there.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »

So what weapons work best for the survivalists at the barricade?

I swapped one survivalists low-end pistol with a rifle and they ended up dieing that next round. Then it was all downhill from there. I wasn't sure if the shotgun was doing much good or not as I was usually the one having to kill those that got to the barricade. I came across a sawed off shotgun later but didn't end up using it or replacing the person with the regular shotgun with it - should I have?

I guess I'll stick with the bow next time. I was using that up until I found two uzi's then I swapped it out for that. Not sure if that helped or was the beginning of my inevitable zombie existence.

Fun game though.
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »

I had some fun with this last night. Loved the first game, and this one just expands on it. I got to day 33 or so and about to move on to the big city and hopefully "escape" but the power went out in my house! Pissed me off. Never saw any bows.

As far as what weapons to give survivors, I usually gave them any submachine guns I found. Or a shotgun. Seemed to work best. For myself I used the AK-47 or whatever it was when I found it. Before that I used the .357. The hunting rifle is nice but sooo slow to reload after each shot. I was hoping to find a better rifle of that sort but never did. The chainsaw was always my backup weapon. The grenades were just about useless. The only time I ever died was because I chose grenades as my primary weapon to try them out, with chainsaw as backup. Luckily there was a Retry.

Oh, and is it just me or is reloading a huge annoyance this time around? I don't remember if there even was reloading in the first game. If there was, I don't remember it being so annoying. The worst thing about it is if you start the reload animation after shooting off the last bit of your ammo, you can't switch weapons until it is finished. A lot of close calls because of that. Why not let you switch weapons and then reload when you switch BACK to that weapon. Like in any first person shooter. Counter-Strike for instance.

I think I said this about the first game, especially now, they should totally make this into a DS game or something. I would love to take this with me everywhere for when I'm bored.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's bad form to link something like this directly or not, but if you want to play the game in more of a fullscreen kind of way, click here.

Edit2: Huh. Playing it from the direct link makes the game run a little bit faster. That's..weird.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:07:20 PM by Kyosho » Logged
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »

Huh. I liked it playing faster like that. Found the bow this time. That really is a nice weapon.

Days survived: 32
Zombies put to rest: 588
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: