http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 09:37:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fringe Premiere  (Read 11309 times)
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2011, 03:11:26 AM »

tonight's episode was awesome...absolutely brilliant idea for both the plot and presentation.  it's episodes like tonight that i think show why Fringe deserves to continue.  they consistently show a level of creativity and willingness to take risks that i really think is pretty unique on television.  match that creativity up with a great cast that desperately deserves recognition for their acting, and Fringe really is one of the best sci-fi shows to come along in a long time.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »

There were some neat movie references in this episode too. The most obvious one is Inception, of course. The first minute or so after they went into Olivia's mind also seemed to be a clear homage to the first Matrix movie. The only things they were missing were the Clubbed to Death music and the lady in red.

The implications of what's happened to Olivia are possibly huge. She gave off a creepy vibe in the final sequence before the credits.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 16, 2011, 10:49:44 AM

The implications of what's happened to Olivia are possibly huge. She gave off a creepy vibe in the final sequence before the credits.

We are about to see an Olivia unhampered by her past fears - which is where the creepy vibe appears.  Until now, she has always been afraid and acted accordingly.  Suddenly remove that - and, yes, she is going to seem creepy.  Almost like Peter running around killing dudes from the other side.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »

Just finished tonites episode.  Its being touted as the first of the season ending trilogy of episodes.  It was great and I can tell you that the next two weeks are going to be one helluva ride.    Its really too bad that sci-fi based shows seem to get some kind of a stigma against them, because Fringe is one of the best shows Ive seen on TV. 
  Oh and once again I will say it.  Give John Noble a damned Emmy already!  The man is awesome in this show.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »

Well, if last night was the first of a season-ending trilogy, I will attempt to exert some self-control and wait until all three are up on Hulu and watch them all at once.  I expect to fail, though, when there isn't hockey on from Noon until midnight.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »

Good episode Friday! I found this season meandering in the middle, but it seems to be coming to a strong close.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »

well part 2 was mostly a bridge episode with an major WTF? ending.  Next weeks finale should be awesomeballz.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »

It looks to me like the machine isn't actually going to destroy one of the universes, but instead is going to merge them and lead to an all-out war. That's the only viable explanation I can think of for the ending of this episode anyway. It took place at Ground Zero, which places it in our own dimension, but then agents from Fringe Division started showing up, which places it in the other dimension. The only logical explanation is that both are merging, with catastrophic results for both.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

You may be right but
Spoiler for Hiden:
Did you notice the date on the memorial plaque?  2021   Peter is also in the future! If you are right and the universes actually merge, its going to be interesting to see if the individuals merge as well or if theres doubles all over the place.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on April 30, 2011, 07:32:07 PM

You may be right but
Spoiler for Hiden:
Did you notice the date on the memorial plaque?  2021   Peter is also in the future! If you are right and the universes actually merge, its going to be interesting to see if the individuals merge as well or if theres doubles all over the place.

I don't know why you're using spoiler tags. Anyone stumbling into this thread without having seen the latest episode is begging for it. slywink

I didn't notice the plaque btw. That makes my theory less likely I guess.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »

just started watching season 1 again via Netflix.  it's been a few years, and I only caught about half of season 1 when it first aired so it's kind of hazy, but this show started off on a slow burn right?  the first disc barely kept my attention and the second and third one have been just sitting around for about a week.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »

The first season is more of a monster of the week formula and while fun and interesting, its really more of a set up for whats to come.  When the mythology of the series begins to become more evident, the series gets far more interesting.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »

I recently watched the first three episodes again, and there's a lot of groundwork being laid for what comes later, even if it isn't clear at the time. Rewatching it, I notice a lot of the stuff going on behind the scenes. The first time around it felt strange that these characters would get mixed up in every fringe event out there. Now I know why that happens, and what it means. Hell, even major plot points used in later seasons are introduced early on, such as the amber appearing as early as episode 3.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »

Hey, Lee, you might want to retrofit this title to just "Fringe"

AICN has a great, funny video up with auditions for the role of Peter Bishop since at the end of last season
Spoiler for Hiden:
he was wiped from existence

Watch the video here

It also may have a hint as to what may happen with Peter in the next season.  Or a complete psych out.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2011, 01:12:38 AM »

finished up with season 2 (where the series really does get better.- thaks to everyone who said I should solider on), and season 3 is due out on DVD this week but I don't know if I'll catch up in time for season four.  speaking of season four, here's the poster for it:

Spoiler for Hiden:

I spoilered it in case there somehow is something that could ruin the season for someone.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:29 AM »

Yay!  Fringe is back.  Watched the season 4 premiere,  looks like this season is going to be very interesting.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I liked how they played it off as a monster of the week/ reintroduce Agent Lee episode and by the end there was hints that it goes much deeper.  It looks like a 3rd dimension may be in play now.  Another interesting situation is that without Peter to help anchor him, Walter's sanity is far more tenuous.  I think its going to be a fun ride this year.

JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

Like "Lost" I cant seem to keep up with this once a week BS. Its to the point now that I just wait for Netflx or what ever the hell its called now to get the Seasons disc\stream. Thats the only way I can watch these kind of series.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on September 25, 2011, 01:47:45 PM

Like "Lost" I cant seem to keep up with this once a week BS. Its to the point now that I just wait for Netflx or what ever the hell its called now to get the Seasons disc\stream. Thats the only way I can watch these kind of series.

That more or less describes my TV viewing too. Fortunately my public library has purchased all 3 previous seasons and I'm sure they'll pick up 4 too. I'm kind of glad I didn't become a loyal viewer of it. I did enjoy the 1st 3 seasons, but based on what I was hearing and reading I was expecting something as good or better than the X-Files seasons 1-5. But IMO its more like X-Files seasons 6-9 in quality.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »

Wow hadnt realized that Fringe had fallen off the radar over here.

Some news for you fans hoping for a new season.
Nothing set in stone but it looks like they may give Fringe a final 15 episode season next year, to wrap it up.  This will also give Fringe over 100 episodes which is the golden window for syndication.   I really hope they do this and give the fans a good final season with some closure. 

heres the SyFy article:   http://blastr.com/2012/02/fringe-could-get-one-fina.php

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »

I absolutely loved fringe, but something about this season has kinda turned me off on it.  I've got the last 4 episodes sitting on DVR and really can't seem to find the interest in catching up.  While I'm intrigued by what they did with the Peter storyline this season, I think I'm missing the dynamic of the "original" team. 

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »

I'll keep watching as long as it's on the air. I've had no hope for a 5th season, but this article is encouraging. I need more dosages of Walter's quirkyness.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

Yeah, this season is a let down. The main plot isnt all that interesting with the new shape shifters, the radical observer popping up, and Peter being out of place. My wife who really enjoyed the show says she can't follow it anymore and seems disinterested it it when we do watch. The biggest mistake this season they made is breaking the chemesitry between all the characters. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a few episodes of distrust but it just kept going dragging things down.

That being siad the recent "Welcome to Westfield" episode was one of their best. It was a nice return to form. You had a single very interesting mystery plot setup and all the characters behaved like they did in the previous season with some good chemestry between all.

So it was sad to see in the follow up episode that they took a step back from fixing things. So I would be ok at with a final 15 episode season.

On a side note they need to get rid of the Nina Sharp character already.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

I'm still enjoying it.  I like the subtle changes due to the shift in universes.  it breathes some new life into the relationships.  Also, it gives the great John Noble more of a chance to play up his mentally unstable side as in this universe he's had no Peter to help stabilize him...although you can see him becoming more and more lucid as his time with Peter has increased.  How Noble hasn't been nominated for an Emmy yet is beyond me. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on February 23, 2012, 07:09:38 PM

Yeah, this season is a let down. The main plot isnt all that interesting with the new shape shifters, the radical observer popping up, and Peter being out of place. My wife who really enjoyed the show says she can't follow it anymore and seems disinterested it it when we do watch. The biggest mistake this season they made is breaking the chemesitry between all the characters. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a few episodes of distrust but it just kept going dragging things down.

That being siad the recent "Welcome to Westfield" episode was one of their best. It was a nice return to form. You had a single very interesting mystery plot setup and all the characters behaved like they did in the previous season with some good chemestry between all.

So it was sad to see in the follow up episode that they took a step back from fixing things. So I would be ok at with a final 15 episode season.

On a side note they need to get rid of the Nina Sharp character already.

The best thing they did this season was reintroduce David Robert Jones (Jared Harris) as the main baddie. The season was rudderless until he came back in.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

Just wanna say I love this show so much!  Sci-fi elements aside, the Pacey/Olivia x 3(?) romance has got to be one of the best soap opera elements of all time (no pun intended).  How exactly do you compete with an alternate version of yourself?  And is it really cheating if you do it with an alternate version of your partner?  Love it!

Now we have to wait 4 more weeks for new episodes, booooo!

But then they'll show 8 in a row, yayyyyyy!!!!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »

Interesting news on the Fringe front. According to SyFy Henry Ian Cusick, who played Desmond on Lost will be part of an upcoming arc. They are also bringing in Georgina Haig, another blonde australian to the show.
Today on TVLine, they upgraded the shows survival status to " a safe bet "

TVline renewal scorecard

It is more and more looking like we will get a 5th season of Fringe after all!

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on March 09, 2012, 05:39:46 PM

Interesting news on the Fringe front. According to SyFy Henry Ian Cusick, who played Desmond on Lost will be part of an upcoming arc. They are also bringing in Georgina Haig, another blonde australian to the show.
Today on TVLine, they upgraded the shows survival status to " a safe bet "

TVline renewal scorecard

It is more and more looking like we will get a 5th season of Fringe after all!

Oh, Yeah!  thumbsup  nod
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2012, 04:54:05 AM »

5th and final 13 episode season confirmed

[edit] trailer (supposedly nothing new in it except the text): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gvWqOZL8JXA

[edit 2] 7 reasons that had nothing to do with why they renewed it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:58:45 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »

I'm very glad they renewed for an even 100 episodes. Makes me wanna have a delicious strawberry milkshake Walter-style.  thumbsup
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »

Yup, that's good news. The show was running out of steam and the main story wasn't doing anything for me. So having an actual final season with some closure that isn't tacked on (hopefully) will be good.
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2012, 01:48:50 AM »

well you could see that coming... lol  (12ish minutes left)

i was thinking that this is the longest superhero origin story of all time...

Spoiler for Hiden:
hopefully she will wear a cape of some sort next season
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 07:09:47 AM »

We used to watch this all the time. The wife and I both really enjoyed it. Don't know what happened, just lost interest I guess. Should start watching again..
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:43 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on May 14, 2012, 07:09:47 AM

We used to watch this all the time. The wife and I both really enjoyed it. Don't know what happened, just lost interest I guess. Should start watching again..

Now that its been given a 13 episode season for closure, you definitely should.  Its great that they are going to get to end this show properly.  They have done a great job of taking a lot of the seemingly random stuff that happened in the early episodes and showing there was more to it than we thought.  That and of course, John Noble alone is worth the trip.  Walter is one of my favorite characters of all time on TV. 

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »

To be honest, I've only seen a few of the early episodes, one or two mid run episodes, and now I've seen pretty much the last season.

It's really hit its stride and I'm glad to see getting a proper send off.

Was the prior episode of them closing the bridge really the last time we'll see the other side?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

comic-con trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aTiAL19rej4

I'm still behind a season so I haven't watched it yet but I heard it's mostly older footage.

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »

I.Am.So.In!!!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »

Well whoever is still watching, they got rewarded tonite. It was a fantastic episode. Many questions are answered, perspective is gain and ambiguity is thrown out. Next week is the 2 hour series finale and it looks like its going to kick ass. I anticipate next week with some sadness. Ive watched this series from day one and havent missed and episode. It feels like Im losing some old friends.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »

Series finale as in, its over? I didn't know this.

Cancelled due to low ratings, or just decided to end it before that happened?

A new one
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 12, 2013, 08:32:39 AM

Series finale as in, its over? I didn't know this.

Cancelled due to low ratings, or just decided to end it before that happened?

The show has always been one of those shows that have a very loyal fan base but has been borderline in the ratings.  When they renewed it last year for its 5th season they announced that it would be its last.  This gave the writers an opportunity to give the fans some closure and give the series a proper send off. 

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

Ok now that was how to close a series.  The Fringe finale was excellent.  Great job of tying things up.  While I doubt that theres any thing solid regarding future plans for Fringe, they did leave enough of a crack in the door to revisit the Fringe universe if they choose.   A feature film would be awesome.  I really enjoyed Fringe from start to finish and I will miss the show.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: