http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friend is on the new Survivor  (Read 4850 times)
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

I couldn't really think of a witty subject line for this one. But anyways I got an email from a friend this morning saying the following:

I did something really cool this summer and wanted to share.

He includes a link to the homesite for the new season of Survivor.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/bio/marcus_17/bio.php?season=17

And the bastard is on there. Crazy! Now I will be forced to actually watch Survivor for the first time in my life!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »

I expect you won't have to watch it for long. The physically capable Type A personalities tend to get cut early as big threats.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
WYBaugh8
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »

From my home town of Jacksonville, FL.  He'll give my wife someone to drool over for awhile smile
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

Marcus Lehman, a young doctor from Jacksonville, Fla. considers himself mentally and physically prepared to compete for his chance to be the sole SURVIVOR.

Recognized as the state of Georgia's hottest bachelor by Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2006, Lehman strives to achieve the highest levels in all areas of life.

A rower and graduate of Harvard University, Marcus went on to finish medical school at Emory University while developing his interest in triathlons.

Jesus Christ could this guy be any more perfect? It makes me sick. Please tell me he rapes kittens in his spare time or something like that.   icon_twisted

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 28, 2008, 01:44:41 PM

Marcus Lehman, a young doctor from Jacksonville, Fla. considers himself mentally and physically prepared to compete for his chance to be the sole SURVIVOR.

Recognized as the state of Georgia's hottest bachelor by Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2006, Lehman strives to achieve the highest levels in all areas of life.

A rower and graduate of Harvard University, Marcus went on to finish medical school at Emory University while developing his interest in triathlons.

Jesus Christ could this guy be any more perfect? It makes me sick. Please tell me he rapes kittens in his spare time or something like that.   icon_twisted

Have you seen American Psycho?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »

I may watch just for Michelle  drool

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 28, 2008, 01:44:41 PM

Hehe. He's a little self-absorbed these days, but other than that he's a good guy. No kitten raping, or anything bad like that.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »

How about a Rob Lowe sex scandal? Cuz that's who he reminds me of.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »

Neat. Get him to be a correspondant to GT where he comments on the episodes after they appear.

That would be hellah awesome.

Question: Do people we 'know' on internet forums fit under the six degrees of separation rule?  So am I now 3 degrees from Jeff Probst?
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »

OK.  Anyone named 'Ace' has to go immediately.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »

Crux, just to make it clear, I'm not attacking your friend, I'm attacking the way they present him. biggrin They should have things like "Sometimes I stare just a little too long at cute asses in Home Depot" just to make him sound more human.  thumbsup

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 28, 2008, 05:24:38 PM

Crux, just to make it clear, I'm not attacking your friend, I'm attacking the way they present him. biggrin They should have things like "Sometimes I stare just a little too long at cute asses in Home Depot" just to make him sound more human.  thumbsup

Lol. No clarification needed mate. It's Survivor. They have to make drama somehow. I already know they're going to paint him as the 'arrogant' one, probably along with select, out-of-context sound bites to reinforce the idea.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »

Wow, he is gorgeous.  I know who I'm rooting for!  Though the bad news for him is that typically whoever I like gets knocked out early.  Perusing the choices, there does seem to be more "hot guys" than normal - Dan, Matty and Marcus, maybe Charlie.  Maybe this will negate the typical "eliminate the hot guy" scenario.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 28, 2008, 08:32:18 PM

Wow, he is gorgeous.  I know who I'm rooting for!  Though the bad news for him is that typically whoever I like gets knocked out early.  Perusing the choices, there does seem to be more "hot guys" than normal - Dan, Matty and Marcus, maybe Charlie.  Maybe this will negate the typical "eliminate the hot guy" scenario.

There's some potential for those of us who like the ladies as well. Definitely looks like a better looking crew than in recent memory.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »

Pretty cool. I 2nd the 'get him to post here' motion.

Was he recruited or did he send in a tape?

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on August 28, 2008, 03:26:49 PM

Neat. Get him to be a correspondant to GT where he comments on the episodes after they appear.

That would be hellah awesome.

I'm not sure that's possible.  Aren't Survivor castmembers forced to be silent about what went on until the show is totally finished?

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 03:46:43 AM »

I took a longer glance through the cast list, and I have to say I don't get it.  It looks essentially like 3 older folks (58, 61 and 49) and 15 hot young 20somethings or near 30.  Even the couple I thought looked older or middle aged ended up being in their 20s.  It's like they totally gave up on the age diversity mix (pretty much no late 30s/40s crowd), in which case why even bother with the 3 older people, who will be at an immediate disadvantage if only from a "get along" aspect?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 03:35:17 AM »

Just saw a few minutes of this.  Damn that guy is so hot it's unreal.  And then he goes around walking in his underwear, OMG.  That poor gay guy's head is spinning, I can't imagine how torturous that would be lol.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »

I watched the first episode of Survivor in my life last night!

Overall it wasn't bad. I really thought they would play Marc off to be a jerk through selected sound bytes but they treated him fairly I think. The gay guy is hilarious, and I thought Marc's "That's not how I roll" comment was pretty funny.

The Fang tribe made some *really* bad choices when choosing tribes - very lopsided as far as the challenges go. Especially since the old guy Kota has is pretty spry and smart.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

I tuned in specifically to see your buddy and he seemed like a nice guy from the few minutes I watched. I really wanted to get back into this series, but methinks my time with the show is over.  Once the first challenge ended I walked out of the room to go clean...good luck to him!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »

I tuned in for Marcus too. I haven't watched the entire episode yet, but it does seem like more of the same. If Survivor is going to last longer they really need to mix it up. Immunity Idol this and Immunity Idol that.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2008, 01:46:53 PM

If Survivor is going to last longer they really need to mix it up.

make it a true survivor and give everyone a revolver, six bullets and nothing else on a deserted island.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

How stupid is Fang to vote out Michele before the old lady??  saywhat
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »

Everyone on that tribe seem pretty stupid based on the clips they showed, including the guy who couldn't figure out the Exile clue. I have to admit I like the older fella on Fang that banged his head. At first I wasn't so sure about him but it looks like that bump made him pretty clear headed about seeing how things are on his tribe. No amount of positive energy, or whatever they were calling it, is going to pull that tribe through. I love how he's willing to watch everyone self-destruct while he sits back. I imagine he'll be happy as stitches in a wound if he makes it to the merge. 

I do kinda wish the teams were more even this year. There's been too many lopsided teams where you know one is just going to slaughter the other.

Will see how it pans out though. The Fans vs Favorites started out kinda slow and lopsided after a couple challenges too but turned out to be one of my favorite seasons.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

I missed the full first episode due to the Office/Grey's Anatomy/Survivor convergence, but I'll likely keep watching this season as long as Marcus keeps taking his shirt off and walking around in his underwear.   ninja
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2008, 02:51:20 PM

Quote from: Scraper on September 26, 2008, 01:46:53 PM

If Survivor is going to last longer they really need to mix it up.

make it a true survivor and give everyone a revolver, six bullets and nothing else on a deserted island.

Better yet, set it in the arctic. Warm climates have become boring. Why does Survivor always have to be in warm climates? Where's the fun in that when you know what to expect in them? Finding an isolated location in the arctic would be easy enough. Set it near Resolute Bay, the northern-most point of civilization, and they'd be near it in case of emergency, yet still far enough.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on September 26, 2008, 07:36:03 PM

Why does Survivor always have to be in warm climates?
seriously?

I agree with you in principle, but the producers are going to keep it set in a locale where the participants can wear as little as possible.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:46:16 PM by Laner » Logged
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »

They've also said they are afraid the cold would make everyone too lethargic and all they would do is sit around and shiver, they do enough just sitting around as it is.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

Quote from: Laner on September 26, 2008, 07:44:15 PM

I agree with you in principle, but the producers are going to keep it set in a locale where the participants can wear as little as possible.

Well, I think wearing as little as possible is a pretty weak excuse if you ask me. They could have games like  polar diving and sled dog races. Other times off camera could have them in a heated cabin which I think would be a good compromise.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 09:21:20 PM »

One day a week is "Polar Bear Day."  Usually the day they run out of firewood.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

Is anyone rooting for the gaming nerd? Too bad his girl got voted out first. She was nice to watch.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on September 26, 2008, 09:15:54 PM

Quote from: Laner on September 26, 2008, 07:44:15 PM

Well, I think wearing as little as possible is a pretty weak excuse if you ask me. They could have games like  polar diving and sled dog races. Other times off camera could have them in a heated cabin which I think would be a good compromise.

No... they should be in quinzees.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:41:06 PM by Purge » Logged

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on September 30, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

Is anyone rooting for the gaming nerd? Too bad his girl got voted out first. She was nice to watch.

In true gamer form he voted her out too. She was deemed not hawt and below gamer standards. Perhaps if she had worn the elfin ears like he suggested she would not have been sent to walk the Fail Trail.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »

Is this officially the weekly Survivor thread?

They should have voted out Ace last night. IDIOTS!!

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »

Yup, they should have voted Ace out. They actually fooled me in to thinking that had a chance of going through. I was really hoping it would since it might be an indication of another season of blindsides. But I was just happy the other team won both challenges. I thought for sure Fang would continue to lose until the merge.

I also have to give it up for the gaming guy (still don't know his name) for figuring out the puzzle first. I wish more puzzles were like that rather than puzzle pieces.

They gotta do something with the hidden immunity idol though. Its way too easy to obtain.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on October 03, 2008, 07:09:24 PM

But I was just happy the other team won both challenges. I thought for sure Fang would continue to lose until the merge.

Yup - glad to see them finally get a win.

I also have to give it up for the gaming guy (still don't know his name) for figuring out the puzzle first.

The gaming guy is Ken. I was surprised to see Bob not get it. I thought he was a smart guy - maybe the bow tie had me fooled.

They gotta do something with the hidden immunity idol though. Its way too easy to obtain.

Obviously! The dumb blonde found it.

Toe

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »

They should have put more crocs around the tree so they would have to walk on their heads to get to it.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 02:12:36 AM »

Gah. So I forgot to update anything after talking to Marc last week. A few insights from week 1:

Being chased by the gay guy. Marc said that they really used editing to create a sensation that Charlie had the hots for him. He also said they kept asking him over and over and over again about Charlie looking for a sound byte regarding Charlie being 'after him' but him not being interested. Finally he gave them a bit of one to get some peace, but in reality it was a mutual feeling of friendship between them (Marc is definitely NOT gay btw).

He said there was so much that happened during the first six days that they never really show.. but given time constraints and all he could understand why. He didn't really go into detail on that front, because we got sidetracked talking about something else.

I'll be sure to ask him about the Ace vote (or lack thereof) in the next day or two when we talk next. He's coming up to hang in a couple of weeks for a few days most likely, so we might watch that week's episode together for kicks biggrin
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »

I'll be sure to ask him about the Ace vote (or lack thereof) in the next day or two when we talk next.

Ask him if Ace is as annoying in real life or just edited that way and ask him is Ace's accent is real or fake.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »

Aslo, ask him if the black chick has testicles or if they were removed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: