http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 10:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday...The Home Stretch  (Read 1638 times)
ElijahPrice
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:04:14 PM »

So I am kinda just coasting on a relatively slow day.  Looking around the boards for some good conversation.  A little gloomy out and just waiting for the clock to reach closing time.  How is everyone else doing, any cool weekend plans?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »

Eh. Really slow-ass day for me as well. Just sitting here thinking about working, not working, thinking about it some more, doing some minor stuff, then thinking about gaming all weekend. smile Got a nice package from the boss today (thank you, Ron) so my weekend will be filled with gaming and nothing but. The wife is out tomorrow at a garage sale, then is studying the rest of the day and studying all day Sunday for law school. I actually had a moment about a year ago where I pondered going back to school for something, then smacked my head into the wall and haven't had that same thought again since.

I so love never having to study for school ever again. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 04:22:12 PM »

Strange... I think the whole country must be gloomy and overcast. Tongue

Slow day for me too.  Deadlines ever approaching, but I just don't have much of the will to work.  I've been dragging my feet writing this new account preferences system for a few weeks now and I think the powers that be are beginning to suspect. smile

I'm looking forward to some gaming this weekend though.  I'll probably play XMen with a buddy of min tomorrow.  Then I'm not sure... maybe some City of Heros.  Any CoH players care to get a team together Sunday?  Maybe do a task force?  I have a lvl 20 tanker I'd like to play on Virtue.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 04:28:25 PM »

This is probably the first time in my life that I can't wait for the weekend to be over. I am too hyped for GTA on Tuesday.

Work wise, I have a 10:00 meeting that I don't want to go to. I'm trying to finish up a project I have been working on so that people can start using it, and I need to try to decide if I want to try for a management position, stay in my current position but go full-time OR just quit and go work a different contract that is open for me.  :shock:

Not a slow day (or week, or month) for me at all.

LiveTAG: happydog
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 04:29:30 PM »

I second that no-studying.  Its nice to have nights to go home nad relax in front of the Tube play some games or just rot your brain for a while.  Wow, thats ounds so good right now.

So, whats in the package of goodies?  Can you share?  On my plate tonight I got Fable and Second Sight.  I can't wait to get into second sight, I think it is really going to keep me interested.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 04:39:59 PM »

Quote from: "So, whats in the package of goodies?  Can you share?  On my plate tonight I got Fable and Second Sight.  I can't wait to get into second sight, I think it is really going to keep me interested.[/quote

Let's just say that we all will be doing a LOT of writing in the coming weeks.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 04:43:53 PM »

Let's just say that we all will be doing a LOT of writing in the coming weeks.

You guys got the new Jason Blair: New York Times Reporter Sim?!?  Sweet!

biggrin

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 04:44:18 PM »

haha fools...the bunch of you. I skipped work today called in dead. Decided to start with a nice long drive stopped and had chinese food for lunch then went shopping for halloween decorations and its only 12:45 now for the rest of the day its time for WoW. Yes I'll pay for it on Monday but for the moment I'm basking in the glory of day off.

Ascendent
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 04:52:19 PM »

My brother is coming in town tonight and I'm really looking forward to hanging out with him.  He has to leave tomorrow evening but it is their 10th anniversary so I forgive him. smile  There's a wine festival Saturday here in Addison that I'll probably go to after I drop him off.  But Sunday will be spent mostly getting my game on!  I just started my Burnout 3 addiction and Second Sight came in the mail yesterday.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 06:00:10 PM »

There's a wine festival in Addison Saturday night? PM me the details if you know of any, Jancelot. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Tony
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 06:06:31 PM »

Personally, I'm eagerly waiting for the Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 free game deal!  X-Men Legends, Mortal Kombat Deception, and GTA San Andreas are calling me!
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

Eh.  About to go out to Long Island for dinner with the girlfriend's family, after which I'm buckling down and working on my work for next week (a midterm, speech, and paper all due on Wednesday).

Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 06:46:06 PM »

I've spent all day doing crappy managerial tasks and getting no real work done.  Now I'm sitting around not feeling very motivated and waiting for 5pm.   I think I might be inside some kinda weird time bubble though, because time actually seems to be running backwards right now.

If I ever do manage to get out of here, I'm looking forward to plopping down and playing video games tonight (girlfriend is working late woohoo!!)
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 07:49:31 PM »

T-minus: 1 hour 10 minutes
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 07:57:20 PM »

Right now I'm waiting on two PDF files from my client so that I can wrap things up and go mow the yard (it hasn't been touched in two weeks, ouch).  Day has been crawling for me as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: