http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:29:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget the Election - On to Basketball Season!  (Read 854 times)
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:41:01 AM »

Just played my Week 6 ESPN game (lost that one too!), and now the Jazz take on the Lakers in their season opener.  

Still numb about the election, but hey, man, you can't beat finally getting to see your home team play some hoops!  Can I get a witness!
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 05:04:25 AM »

Wow, and the jazz (Whom I can now stop hating since the cheapest player ever is gone) are handing the lakers' ass to them right now.  There were up by 20 in the first half just a few minutes ago.

And yeah, the Bulls will still suck this year.   :cry:

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:38:23 AM »

Sorry, but the NBA regular season is boring.  Wake me up when the playoffs are coming.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 09:19:41 AM »

I'm gonna love watching everyone in the league tee off on the Lakers this year.  I'm a Laker fan who sides with Shaq(can't wait for Xmas!), so I wanna watch them burn for letting him go. Tonight was a fun start.
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 06:42:53 AM »

The Lakers didnt have a whole lot of options when it came to Shaq.  It wasnt so much that they let him go, it was more like they decided to get the best they could for him since the team was falling apart anyways.  I dont say this to defend the Lakers organization, they chose to back Kobe in spite of Shaq's opinions and deserve what they get.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 12:15:05 AM »

I love how fast people have forgotten that a season and a half ago, Kobe was unstoppable in a way few others (like Michael Jordan) was.  Shaq NEVER IN HIS LIFE put up 11 straight 40+ point games like Kobe did in 2003.  Kobe maybe a big POS, but he can be an superlative basketball player.

As for Lakers decision: Kobe has how many more years than Shaq left in the tank?  Hypothetical situation: ala 80's Isiah Thomas (who is every bit a bigger shithead than Kobe (ask any of the guys who have gone to prison because of him)), he has his shitty run this year, and wises up that he needs role players, and they won't steal his star power ala Shaq.  That will still leave him YEARS to make his own dynasty.  Let's face it, Shaq, like all old big men, has his foot problems and those aren't going away with age.  He's got maybe 3-4 (productive)years left.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:16:51 PM »

Yeah, Kobe is a POS.  He's aloof, arrogant, and poison in the locker room...BUT he is the most talented player in the NBA.  And like Jake said, he's quite a bit younger than Shaq, so the Lakers made the only move they really could and traded Shaq away.

Not really a Lakers fan(though I appreciate dynasties), but it should be fun watching teams get some payback on 'em this year.  

We're pretty excited about the Mavs down here in Dallas though; already 3-0 and the team is blending well(yes I know it's incredibly early).  They *might be* the deepest team in the NBA this year, as it's looking like their roster goes 10 deep.  COurse that's all dependent on players like Stackhouse, Terry, and to some degree M. Daniels continuing to be willing to come off the bench and on many nights, accept lesser minutes and a reduced role.  BUt hey! we finally got a center!    biggrin

I had one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: