http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 10:04:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the few that care: Rush on Colbert Report tonight!  (Read 736 times)
lildrgn
Gaming Trend Senior Member

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »

Pretty cool.

NEW YORK - Rush will be appearing on "The Colbert Report," and it's not Limbaugh.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Canadian band Rush, which hasn't performed on U.S. television in more than three decades, will play their classic "Tom Sawyer" on the Comedy Central show Wednesday (11:30 p.m. EST). The Geddy Lee-led trio, which is currently on tour, hasn't played on U.S. television since 1975.

Rush is only the latest act to perform on "The Report," which has steadily edged closer to "Ed Sullivan Show" territory. With increasingly frequent musical performances, "The Report" has grown a variety-show impulse, evident in other upcoming bookings.

The rapper Nas will perform on July 23, Toby Keith will return for a second performance on July 28 and Crosby, Stills and Nash will play on July 30.

The Stephen Colbert-hosted comedy show was originally launched as a parody of conservative political punditry and shows like "The O'Reilly Factor" do not make a habit of hosting music performances.

But "The Report" circus has expanded into musical realms, often with its sonorous host joining in. John Legend, Neil Young, R.E.M., Tony Bennett, Peter Frampton, Willie Nelson, Barry Manilow, John Mellencamp, the Roots and Carole King have all performed on the show.

Colbert's enthusiasm for the music has been easily apparent. He's sung the Star Spangled Banner (in two-part harmony) with Legend, and mocked the MTV-style band interview by questioning R.E.M. from a stool twice the size of those the band sat on.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »

OMG VH1 playing the Who for days and now Rush on Colbert. It's almost more than my classic rock heart can bear The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.
Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:57:15 AM »

They played great I thought.  That was fun to watch.  nod
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »

I was hoping you meant Rush Limbaugh when I clicked on this post.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

I just watched on Youtube...all three are fantastic musicians, but Neil continues to be otherworldly. eek
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 17, 2008, 06:06:14 AM

I was hoping you meant Rush Limbaugh when I clicked on this post.....

and here I thought I would be alone in that desire. If he can get Limbaugh you couldn't pay me to miss it. With Colbert in character it would be like Limbaugh being on Hannity's show. The conservative answer to Beavis and Butthead! drool
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »

Colbert as 'sonorous'?  I wonder who wrote that press release....

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: