http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 10:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher should have gotten suspended more games,along with Kobe  (Read 747 times)
outfit79
Gaming Trend Reader

Rollin on Titanium

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »

Okay , now for all you LA Laker fans, you know he should have gotten more games suspended. For all you peeps that said there is no way that fisher could have leveled Scola like that because of his size..No matter what size you are, if you lower your shoulder at someone that is not lookin, you are going to level them.
another thing that erks me, Kobe should have been tossed... That elbow was high and he was was trying to hit Artest.. It was not know heat of the game, I'm blocking out... And yes I played the game, still am playing... That crap doesn't fly.. The only reason he got away with it is because he is Kobe, and he draws a crowd... plan and simple.. I think fisher should be gone for at least 2 if not more games, and kobe at least one.....

Quit being boring, Live it Up!!!!
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

Artesticles's throat got in the way of Kobe's elbow - what was Kobeshow supposed to do?!

And D. Fish's shove... thing was hardly a "leveling."  It was like a shove.  Come on meow.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:30:04 AM »

A little more than a shove.

Bryant's was too pussyfied of an attempt to get a suspension.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 12:54:14 AM »

Never mind the insane embellishment!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »

Meh.  Little guy putting shoulder into big guy's chest isn't going to warrant a mutiple game suspension, particularly since Fish was already tossed for part of Game 2.  Suspension warranted, though, since it was clearly intentional on Fish's part.

Suspending Kobe is nonsense.  Find me video of Kobe elbowing Artest above the shoulders.  All of the video I've seen shows Kobe elbowing Artest in the chest (which immediately followed Artest putting a forearm into the back of Kobe's neck and bearing down... which is illegal and why Artest was whistled).  The league did the right thing by assessing Kobe a flagrant category 1.  That's all it was.  Kobe wasn't trying to take Artest out, but he was certainly responding to Artest's bad behavior.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 01:52:57 AM »

Quote from: GuidoTKP on May 08, 2009, 12:59:00 AM

Meh.  Little guy putting shoulder into big guy's chest isn't going to warrant a mutiple game suspension, particularly since Fish was already tossed for part of Game 2.  Suspension warranted, though, since it was clearly intentional on Fish's part.

Suspending Kobe is nonsense.  Find me video of Kobe elbowing Artest above the shoulders.  All of the video I've seen shows Kobe elbowing Artest in the chest (which immediately followed Artest putting a forearm into the back of Kobe's neck and bearing down... which is illegal and why Artest was whistled).  The league did the right thing by assessing Kobe a flagrant category 1.  That's all it was.  Kobe wasn't trying to take Artest out, but he was certainly responding to Artest's bad behavior.

I'll add that Artest should have known better than to go running over to Kobe.  Other players may have only gotten the T he expected, but not him - way too much baggage.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 04:26:21 AM »

Quote from: GuidoTKP on May 08, 2009, 12:59:00 AM

Agreed.  I hate the Lakers more than anybody, but the league made the right calls on both of those plays.

gellar
outfit79
Gaming Trend Reader

Rollin on Titanium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »

i think there will be more to come in the next game... Though the ref's will quick to call fouls.  I just hope they don't take away from this series. Artest will be artest, maybe him and walton will tangle it up, then walton's dad will come in out of the stands with a flying elbow.. icon_lol    hey it could happen..

Quit being boring, Live it Up!!!!
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »

Quote from: outfit79 on May 08, 2009, 03:47:20 PM

i think there will be more to come in the next game... Though the ref's will quick to call fouls.  I just hope they don't take away from this series. Artest will be artest, maybe him and walton will tangle it up, then walton's dad will come in out of the stands with a flying elbow.. icon_lol    hey it could happen..

Seeing Bill Walton fly out of the stands would instantly make this series better than Round 1's Bulls/Celtics tilt!  biggrin
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »

While I think Scola flopped big time, I wish Fish had been suspended more games to give the Lakers a chance to win without his sucktastic lack of defense or offense.  Lakers biggest weaknesses (point guard and defense) are being exposed nightly.
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

Pffft.  You can't blame last night's turd on Derrick Fisher.  I mean, sure, he is consistently awful at defending water bug point guards, such that he needs the right kind of help, but it's not like the backups and help defense was stopping Brooks either.  Just crappy effort, combined with lights out shooting by a proud, talented Rockets team that had to win.  The basket will be a lot smaller for those guys in LA.  Game 6 will be an elimination game, and I don't think the Rockets will have enough without Yao during that game.  Not happy with the Laker's effort in Houston for Game 4, but I didn't see anything that actually made me think the Rockets will win the series.

It would be really helpful, however, if Bynum could find a way to give us some quality minutes.  He should be destroying some of these Rockets lineups, and he has become a total non-factor.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »

What was that about g ame six? biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: