http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 02:22:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First CK, now MO?  (Read 2615 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 10:32:57 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 30, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

Quite true. I've noticed more and more sites giving up on forums (perhaps they just don't want to mess w/ moderation issues) in favor of Twitter, Facebook et al.

With me, I really try to keep my Gaming self and, uh, Regular Guy self separate on Facebook. I just don't post about gaming on Facebook because I think too many of my non-gamer pals think gaming is the Evil.  icon_razz If I say, posted on Facebook that pixelized explosions of blood spray and gore in Broforce tickle me... I don't think they'd understand. Here, I think people would.  icon_cool

I like sifting through Twitter for interesting posts but haven't so far been willing to Tweet. Perhaps if I can just get a Twitter going as my Blackjack self and focus it that way, it might be fun.

As far as comments on the Gaming Trend news/video items, can we use our GT forum accounts to login there? Or does it have to be a separate login we set up for comments-only?

The new system we are working on will be a unified login, other than Youtube.  Youtube is it's own beast - you need your own login for that to comment. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 28, 2014, 01:33:46 PM

Back on mo for a minute, though.

I'm very worried about him.

I've sent messages out to him in a number of ways.  I also wrote to Mytocles, knowing that they were pretty close at one point.  I haven't heard anything at all.  I've spent a lot of time trying to suss out some IRL details about him and have come pretty far, but I can't figure out how to contact his mother or other friends/family members. 

Does anyone have a more direct way to contact him?

Who was the forumer on OO that was recently noticed as absent?  The one everyone started doing a digital sleuthing manhunt for?  I can't seem to find the thread--is there any chance that was an alternate alias for MO?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

It was quantaga, who I believe had his own account here.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »

According to this PSN profile, his last activity on PSN was February 2nd.

edit: this is more promising.  This site shows he played 007 Legends on April 2nd.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:30:35 PM by wonderpug » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 08:16:17 PM »

I spent quite a bit of time trying to track him down, but my Googlefu seems to be letting me down.

I reached out to this guy: Adam Morris since I narrowed in on that as a possible name, and he seems to be from the same location (and has a look that kind of fits his Xbox Avatar).  The guy posted a couple of days ago, but never responded to my message.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 08:23:45 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 02, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

I spent quite a bit of time trying to track him down, but my Googlefu seems to be letting me down.

I reached out to this guy: Adam Morris since I narrowed in on that as a possible name, and he seems to be from the same location (and has a look that kind of fits his Xbox Avatar).  The guy posted a couple of days ago, but never responded to my message.

On that Facebook page, he thanks people for birthday wishes on Jan 25, 2012; Jan 25 2013; and Jan 26, 2014.  For metallicorphan, he says his birthday is Jan 27 here and here.

It's so close, but I don't see how even time zones could account for a 2 day difference.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 02, 2014, 08:23:45 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 02, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

On that Facebook page, he thanks people for birthday wishes on Jan 25, 2012; Jan 25 2013; and Jan 26, 2014.  For metallicorphan, he says his birthday is Jan 27 here and here.

It's so close, but I don't see how even time zones could account for a 2 day difference.

See, that's some good detectiving.

Although he could be thanking people who were wishing him happy birthday early, but it seems unlikely.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 12:16:37 AM »

That's what I thought when I just saw 2014, but 2012 and 2013 seem like too much to be coincidence.  Though it's bizarre that your lead has a birthday so damn close to what MO advertised.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 12:39:56 AM »

For what it's worth, I know I don't put my actual birthday into most online sites.  I usually go off a couple days, just in case info is leaked/stolen then it can't be used to immediately access bank records and such.  So if he had done that people online may be getting a notification that his birthday is on a slightly different day.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:43:47 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 12:44:39 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 03, 2014, 12:39:56 AM

For what it's worth, I know I don't put my actual birthday into most online sites.  I usually go off a couple days, just in case info is leaked/stolen then it can't be used to immediately access bank records and such.

But would you go so far as to slightly lie about your birthday even when conversing with someone on a gaming message board?  Or is your thinking that he put a slightly false birthday into Facebook and he's thanking FB friends who just saw the alert and didn't know better?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 01:28:52 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 03, 2014, 12:44:39 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 03, 2014, 12:39:56 AM

For what it's worth, I know I don't put my actual birthday into most online sites.  I usually go off a couple days, just in case info is leaked/stolen then it can't be used to immediately access bank records and such.

But would you go so far as to slightly lie about your birthday even when conversing with someone on a gaming message board?  Or is your thinking that he put a slightly false birthday into Facebook and he's thanking FB friends who just saw the alert and didn't know better?

My thinking was the second: he put in a false birthday on Facebook and then people wished him a happy birthday on that day and he went along with it rather than having to explain it to everybody.  I didn't bother to log into Facebook and look at any of the old posts, though, so I could be way off. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 04:11:07 AM »

You guys might be over thinking this. My birthday isn't published on FB, so I don't get a lot of the HB messages, but for people who have known me a long time they post a HB message in the days around my real birthday (people who remember about when it is but are off by a day or two). I think this year I got a HB message two days before my actual birthday.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »

Quote from: Lee on May 03, 2014, 04:11:07 AM

You guys might be over thinking this. My birthday isn't published on FB, so I don't get a lot of the HB messages, but for people who have known me a long time they post a HB message in the days around my real birthday (people who remember about when it is but are off by a day or two). I think this year I got a HB message two days before my actual birthday.

Yeah, but would you then go in and make a general post thanking everybody for their birthday wishes?

If this guy is mo (which would be encouraging since he posted something a week or so ago), my guess would be that he put a false birthday on FB and was talking about a real one here.  He's very active here and I think considers many of us friends, whereas he seems to go a long time between posts on Facebook.

Either way, this guy hasn't written me back yet.  The fact that he posts so rarely doesn't help, though since I sent him the message after his last post.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »

Any word on MO?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

Not that I know of.  Hoping he's ok.   icon_confused

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »

I hope when I inevitably disappear people are half as concerned.  ninja

Hope he's ok and just on leave or really busy with real life.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »

Who's MO?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »

Nvm, just checked the first post. What happened to Kevin Grey? Perhaps ATB is eliminating everyone else in the top 10?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2014, 11:06:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 22, 2014, 08:11:31 PM

I hope when I inevitably disappear people are half as concerned.  ninja

Hope he's ok and just on leave or really busy with real life.

Who are you again?  Tongue

I think the big concern with MO is that he mentioned he had some health issues.  When someone just vanishes after that...makes you wonder.  frown

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

I spent a lot of time on this, with no results other than that guy on FB (who hasn't posted since April).

This makes me sad.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

As far as comments on the Gaming Trend news/video items, can we use our GT forum accounts to login there? Or does it have to be a separate login we set up for comments-only?

Separate for now, but hoping to unify that this year. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2014, 10:18:08 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 23, 2014, 01:15:40 PM

I spent a lot of time on this, with no results other than that guy on FB (who hasn't posted since April).

This makes me sad.

icon_frown
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »

Hey Ceekay, I bet dollars to do-nuts you're having a laugh at all of this "speculation"  Tongue

I've been around since Gone Gold's hey-day. What I've seen over the years is, the core group
of die-hards here are very picky about who they let "join" their online shenanigans.
I've felt it numerous times. You make a post that one of the "inner" group doesn't like
and now you're arguing with 3 or 4 others who carte-blanc  take the other guys side.

This is just an observation that might be an answer to why some just leave and say nothing.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 24, 2014, 03:46:39 PM

Hey Ceekay, I bet dollars to do-nuts you're having a laugh at all of this "speculation"  Tongue

I think we're all clear that CeeKay left on his own accord, but metallicorphan is the one we're genuinely worried about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »

I've been around since Gone Gold's hey-day. What I've seen over the years is, the core group
of die-hards here are very picky about who they let "join" their online shenanigans.
I've felt it numerous times. You make a post that one of the "inner" group doesn't like
and now you're arguing with 3 or 4 others who carte-blanc  take the other guys side.

This is just an observation that might be an answer to why some just leave and say nothing.

Without getting too much into it, I would say that reaction typically has far more to do with the topics being discussed (and their tone) than whether or not a particular poster is "in" or not.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2014, 05:09:36 PM »

Hey Ceekay, I bet dollars to do-nuts you're having a laugh at all of this "speculation"  Tongue

and now you're arguing with 3 or 4 others who carte-blanc  take the other guys side.

Calling BS on this as someone who was also involved since GG's heyday. The die-hards didn't deny anything. Some people didn't fit in, said something stupid and got called on it, or failed to post something of interest, so they never got comfortable or felt like they were getting the attention they deserved. Something I have been trying to learn myself, is that if I am not fitting in with a group, be it work, social, or online, I need to look at how I acted and not look to blame it on others.

There is nothing wrong with realizing you don't fit in and moving on quietly. CK did it the right way (and we know he is fine). Just don't leave with a pathetic, attention seeking, explosion (which I am guilty of), it just makes you look silly. Look at yourself and try not to blame the other forum members because you didn't fit in.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:13:39 PM by Lee » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »

Quote from: Lee on June 24, 2014, 05:09:36 PM

Calling BS on this as someone who was also involved since GG's heyday. The die-hards didn't deny anything. Some people didn't fit in, said something stupid and got called on it, or failed to post something of interest, so they never got comfortable or felt like they were getting the attention they deserved. Something I have been trying to learn myself, is that if I am not fitting in with a group, be it work, social, or online, I need to look at how I acted and not look to blame it on others.

There is nothing wrong with realizing you don't fit in and moving on quietly. CK did it the right way (and we know he is fine). Just don't leave with a pathetic, attention seeking, explosion (which I am guilty of), it just makes you look silly. Look at yourself and try not to blame the forum members because didn't fit in.

Yeah, I'm not sure where Arc is coming from.  Everyone feels like they're in a black hole of unresponsiveness from time to time, I'm sure.  Just as I'm sure that everyone has had a dustup with someone here.  But I'm pretty sure there's not a Trendinati that's muscling people out that don't know the secret handshake.

Also, I'm pretty sure CeeKay left due to time issues and not anything personal with anyone here.  It was pretty obvious that he was spending waaaaay too much time here, and he needed to focus on school.  This is speculation, but what I've heard from him seems to indicate this.

Speaking of speculation, though, Arc, you might feel less persecuted if you actually read the thread before posting.  As pug mentioned, we're discussing metallicorphan here (using CeeKay's departure as a springboard), and some of us are quite concerned about him.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 24, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

But I'm pretty sure there's not a Trendinati that's muscling people out that don't know the secret handshake.

Well at least not any forum but R&P.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 24, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

Quote from: Lee on June 24, 2014, 05:09:36 PM

There is nothing wrong with realizing you don't fit in and moving on quietly. CK did it the right way (and we know he is fine). Just don't leave with a pathetic, attention seeking, explosion (which I am guilty of), it just makes you look silly. Look at yourself and try not to blame the forum members because didn't fit in.

Yeah, I'm not sure where Arc is coming from.  Everyone feels like they're in a black hole of unresponsiveness from time to time, I'm sure.  Just as I'm sure that everyone has had a dustup with someone here.  But I'm pretty sure there's not a Trendinati that's muscling people out that don't know the secret handshake.

Also, I'm pretty sure CeeKay left due to time issues and not anything personal with anyone here.  It was pretty obvious that he was spending waaaaay too much time here, and he needed to focus on school.  This is speculation, but what I've heard from him seems to indicate this.

Speaking of speculation, though, Arc, you might feel less persecuted if you actually read the thread before posting.  As pug mentioned, we're discussing metallicorphan here (using CeeKay's departure as a springboard), and some of us are quite concerned about him.

There have been multiple vigorous debates with Arclight in R&P around religious beliefs.  But again, that has absolutely zero to do with Arc as a community member and everything to do with the actual topic.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 12:25:04 AM »

haha, And I rest my case. eek

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 12:38:23 AM »

Might as well put this next post in this thread.

Right on track with what most of the thread evolved into.
I don't care about arguing it out. I believe sometimes you can stand
too close to the trees and not see the forest

But I'm done here, and with most of you here. Over the last couple
of years most of the core have become this pissed-off, negative, complaining,
entity.
I'm tired of the Gaming snobbery, and a know-it-all-attitude on a few of the regulars.

I had much more fun in Gone Gold, and I was hoping it would translate to here.
But don't get me wrong, this forum was still better than most out there.

But not anymore. You are not the same group. And this group is a little too negative
for my enjoyment.

Make an effort with new people. Or just make it a private forum and get done with it

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 12:40:49 AM »

You chose to make your last stand in a thread where we're worried a fellow forumer may have died?!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:01 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 25, 2014, 12:25:04 AM

I'm confused.  So your case is that it's a bad thing that we're concerned about members of the GT community who have disappeared?

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2014, 02:08:40 AM »

Like I said, it's better to just go quietly. Good luck Arc.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »

This again?
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/off-topic/i-like-feeling-a-part-of-a-gaming-community/msg936820/#msg936820
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 25, 2014, 12:40:49 AM

You chose to make your last stand in a thread where we're worried a fellow forumer may have died?!

Honestly, Arc.  I've never had a beef with you.  I stay out of R&P for a reason.

If something is so far into your craw that you have to come into this thread where we've been worried sick that a fellow member and friend is either terribly ill or, worse, dead and make it about you and whatever the hell crap you have going on, then maybe you should take a break.

This is wholly uncalled for and in terrible taste.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »

Same thing I posted in the link Ken linked to:

Finally read the gobble gobble thread and I think the issues are

1. No one responded in the thread.  It's frustrating when a thread one starts is a dud. Happens to everyone. Nothing personal. Especially on weekends.
2. Bitterness at no responses vented in a pretty jerky way.  I'm all up in these threads and I'm definitely not a part of any clique, though I do get why this place (all forums) at times feels cliquish.
3. On GT you make your presence known as much or as little as you want. I've had feuds on here that made me want to walk away forever.  But this really is the best forum on the net.
4. Sense of entitlement for having been around a long time. Sorry if you're feelings were hurt, but don't be petty. This is the best forum on the net (though it TOTALLY could use some more traffic and new blood) and it gives and takes away to all members regardless of seniority...

And yeah. Bad form. Hope MO is ok.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »

Oh and this just makes me mad.

Every response has been attempting to decompile your issue. No flaming. No piling on. None of that. Head meets wall
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 12:36:13 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 26, 2014, 11:36:13 AM

Oh and this just makes me mad.

Every response has been attempting to decompile your issue. No flaming. No piling on. None of that. Head meets wall

I hate devoting more space to this in this thread, but the "rest my case" comment was the one where I started to understand that Arclight has a problem.  I'm not saying it's a serious mental issue or anything, but he's so far gone in his self-imposed persecution that he can't see the forest for the trees.  Everything feeds it, no matter the intent.  That means it's time for a break.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: