http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 11:15:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FEMA Chief Michael Brown Removed From Katrina Relief  (Read 1810 times)
VynlSol
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 06:56:18 PM »

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4952711/detail.html

heh.
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 07:09:38 PM »

Is he failing upward?
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 07:12:21 PM »

Hehe, some impressive resume padding he has.

I am guessing he will get to sharpen those skills further in the immediate future.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:48:12 PM »

Jesus what a laughingstock this guy is. I was reading about his "resume" online yesterday, and I was just appalled. Both he and the people responsible for his appointment should be taken to task. What a complete botchemockery they are making of this.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »

Time to go back to horses buddy.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 01:22:09 AM »

You know I was thinking about this, and the more I do the more I am pissed off at the idiots-you know who I am talking about-that appointed this tool.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 01:30:13 AM »

If my resume was discovered to have as much padding as Mr. Brown's, I would be terminated from my position without so much as a, "we need to talk."

Of course politics, being the itchy-backed beast that it is, has plenty of favors to pass out for those who do some scratching. Although in this case I think Mr. Brown's hands are clean, but his knees are scuffed up.
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 06:29:33 AM »

Come on, guys.  You know this is all just liberal media spin.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »

Which means it'll never make Fox news.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Randomayhem
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 03:58:57 PM »

Unless Fox News chooses to report on the liberal media spin aspect of it...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 05:40:19 PM »

Quote from: "Randomayhem"
Unless Fox News chooses to report on the liberal media spin aspect of it...

:  thumbsup

Very clever smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 10:02:13 PM »

Maybe it`s just me, but........................................I like............................fox.........................news................................... :shock:  I`ll hide now :wink: . I can see why some people don`t, but to be honest...it`s just more engaging for me, at least to watch, than most other cable news...
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 10:55:48 PM »

We understand.  Fox is "News as Entertainment".  

That's exactly what the problem is; it has about as much basis in fact as a Reality TV Show, in that things are taken out of context and facts omitted just for the purpose of making it more 'entertaining' to it's audience.  Or, put bluntly, it ranks high on the propaganda scale.

It exists to forward a particular viewpoint, and when icky facts and reality conflict with that viewpoint, such 'conflicts' are either omitted or ridiculed.  Take the current claims of the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana should have the same focused response and resources of FEMA, an agency which supposedly exists for nothing more than emergency response.  Mayors run cities, police forces police, governors run states.  Emergency response is certainly something they will handle, but expecting them to preempt a US government agency which can supply essentially unlimited resources?  Come on.

Then, of course, there is the classic example of most Fox New viewers believing Saddam was responsible for 9/11, despite there being absolutely no evidence for such a claim.  Fox is the Bush administration's media arm.  Either that, or the Bush administration is Rupert's governmental department.  Either claim is probably pretty close to the truth.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 03:09:50 AM »

It's about time this damn fool resigned. I feel bad for the scapegoat aspect of it, but still, he had no business being there.
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 06:39:44 AM »

I don't even think the scapegoating is going to work.  Bush put him there, so the blame falls squarely on his shoulders for appointing people who are unqualified.

He spends millions making sure his appointments go through, like Roberts for example.  So why is the head of FEMA given less concern, a guy who's background couldn't even pass basic scrutiny?

As others have said elsewhere, since he had this inept moron in a leadership position, what other inept morons is Bush foisting upon us?  Aside from himself, I mean.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 01:12:40 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
So why is the head of FEMA given less concern, a guy who's background couldn't even pass basic scrutiny?

Congress did have to approve his appointment, you know.  There wasn't any interference at all, if I recall, from either side of the fence.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 02:04:11 PM »

Brown was confirmed during a 45 minute hearing in which 4 senators showed up, and no questions were asked regarding his background(!).

This was not for the director's position. Once FEMA was rolled into the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA positions no longer required a confirmation process. Thus, when the director's spot came open, Brown just plopped right in.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

Heil Herr Bush.

Jesus on the cross, I hate what this country's become.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Heil Herr Bush.

Jesus on the cross, I hate what this country's become.

Way to disgrace those who were killed by Hitler in the gas chambers.

Bush is no Hitler.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 07:59:11 PM »

Come on everyone, lets just relax and discuss the issue at hand without all the hyperbole.
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 08:01:13 PM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
So why is the head of FEMA given less concern, a guy who's background couldn't even pass basic scrutiny?

Congress did have to approve his appointment, you know.  There wasn't any interference at all, if I recall, from either side of the fence.

Congress is a simple tool of Bush.  They have no voice of their own, and the small minotory who oppose the appointments are quickly drowned out.
unbreakable
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 08:26:20 PM »

It's hilarious how when the REPUBLICAN senate fucks up, people look at the Democrats and ask why they didn't offer any opposition.  But when they offer opposition, the same people bash them for obstructionism.

Bush fucked up.  He appointed an unqualified idiot, which was rubber stamped by the Republican Congress (just like all his other requests).
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 09:24:04 PM »

Look, I'm not saying Bush didn't fuck up, he most certainly did,  but when this idiot was appointed, democrats and republicans both let him in.  That means, on the whole our GOVERNMENT fucked up.  there was no opposition whatsover, and don't tell me the democrats couldn't have at least voiced some kind of objection.   Nobody is doing their job worth a damn in Washington and I'm sick of both fucking parties.  I pray for the day a viable third party comes along and leverages the utter distaste that I and others have for our idiotic two-party system against these fucking thieves.

Just so we are clear- my disgust extends to both republican AND democrat, and any time anybody claims that one or the other is the fucking boogyman I feel they are missing the whole point- THEY BOTH SUCK.  And I'm sick of it.

Mike Dunn
unbreakable
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 09:29:41 PM »

IMO, the Democrats in Congress should have been fighting Bush tooth and nail since day one, and in fact I might not vote for Obama because of his lay-down attitude thus far.

And shame on the Republicans, especially John McCain, for just rubber-stamping all the crap flowing from the White House.

If EVERYONE in Congress, with very few exceptions, gets voted out in the next six years, the country will be very better for it.  My measure of who should stay is basically looking at who stood up to Bush.  McCain would have been on that list before the 2004 election.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »

IMO, the Democrats in Congress should have been fighting Bush tooth and nail since day one, and in fact I might not vote for Obama because of his lay-down attitude thus far.

And shame on the Republicans, especially John McCain, for just rubber-stamping all the crap flowing from the White House.

If EVERYONE in Congress, with very few exceptions, gets voted out in the next six years, the country will be very better for it.  My measure of who should stay is basically looking at who stood up to Bush.  McCain would have been on that list before the 2004 election.

And lo, hell hath frozen over- Unbreakable and I agree on something (for the most part)

I just want to see some third party candidates who aren't kooks, tree-huggers, or wanna-bes.  Yeah, I'll keep dreaming....

Mike Dunn
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005, 01:21:59 AM »

Yeah I agree with him too. Shocking, but he makes a fantastic point right there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: