http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Drink To Relax?  (Read 2799 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 10:49:13 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 15, 2008, 10:47:03 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on April 15, 2008, 10:23:18 PM

Quote from: Alefroth on April 15, 2008, 10:20:22 PM

Quote from: Kratz on April 15, 2008, 10:18:48 PM

Quote from: joeyjazz on April 15, 2008, 08:21:22 PM

Even when I play a show and get the choice of PBR or Bud/Miller Light for free I'll just give my free drinks to my gf and pay for something decent for myself.

You fail as a punk rocker.

I usually just drink dandelion juice.

ON THE ROCKS.

A real punk would only use chicory.

Ale

And have a penis on his arm. 

The *size* of his arm.

On a more serious note, did you ever post a pic of the finished project?  I was just curious as to how the final artwork came together.  The wife has approved using some of my upcoming bonus for new tattoos to be added to the PeteRock household, and now the only problem I have is determining whether I should finish my upper back or start on the legs.  Decisions, decisions. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Kratz
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 10:56:24 PM »

No... I never did... that thread was annoying, so I gave up on updates.

I'm actually not totally happy with the end result after giving that artist TWO chances to finish it in a way I liked... I have since switched artists who has been working on sleeving the rest of that arm... I'm much happier with his work, and will have him go back and work on the color on the bird / dick part of the arm at some point.  Couple pics recently that kind of show off how everything is coming along... sort of... firefly inner elbow outer elbow sort of sort of the whole thing

most of those are varying degrees of 'done'.  Need to get back in soon to keep working on it and make a few changes, touch ups...

EDIT: Oh, and I got this one since then too... otto
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:03:24 PM by Kratz » Logged
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 15, 2008, 10:56:24 PM

No... I never did... that thread was annoying, so I gave up on updates.

I certainly understand, as I would have been equally irritated with someone telling me my tattoo looked like a dick.  I just continue to run with it as I feel we have a similar appreciation for tattoos and my comments are meant to be taken entirely as tongue-in-cheek, not malicious in any way. 

I'm actually not totally happy with the end result after giving that artist TWO chances to finish it in a way I liked... I have since switched artists who has been working on sleeving the rest of that arm... I'm much happier with his work, and will have him go back and work on the color on the bird / dick part of the arm at some point.  Couple pics recently that kind of show off how everything is coming along... sort of... firefly inner elbow outer elbow sort of sort of the whole thing

most of those are varying degrees of 'done'.  Need to get back in soon to keep working on it and make a few changes, touch ups...

EDIT: Oh, and I got this one since then too... otto

Nice.  I like the style.  Sorry to hear things didn't work out with your first artist.  I miss my artist back in Philly and since moving to Phoenix I still haven't found a new one yet.  I fear having a similar experience. 

I sometimes find myself wishing that I wasn't in such a professional position (division manager for our industrial hygiene division and regional asbestos expert for our company's southwest region) so that I could take my partial sleeve beyond my elbow, but in the summer months it would be near impossible to conceal my artwork with a longsleeve shirt as I would die or catch on fire.  But I have been considering taking upcoming work on my back up to the base of my neck, which can be concealed with a basic collared shirt, and the tattoo I get on my right thigh will extend below my knee onto my shin and calf as I don't have to worry since I wear long pants to work.

Sorry about the whole penis debacle.  You put something personal online and it went to shit like things sometimes can.  No worries.  Even if I look real close it doesn't actually look like a penis, as penises don't have eyes.  Yours is more like an abstract penis.   icon_wink 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:22:06 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 12:51:21 AM »

Quote from: The Chauffeur on April 15, 2008, 08:26:37 PM

I'm also a fan of Rogue's Chipotle Ale

http://www.rogue.com/brews.html#chipotle

that just sounds wrong.  'delicately spiced with smoked jalapeno (chipotle) chile peppers' makes my stomach feel queasy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kratz
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 15, 2008, 11:18:53 PM

I certainly understand, as I would have been equally irritated with someone telling me my tattoo looked like a dick.  I just continue to run with it as I feel we have a similar appreciation for tattoos and my comments are meant to be taken entirely as tongue-in-cheek, not malicious in any way. 

Yeah, taken as such.

I sometimes find myself wishing that I wasn't in such a professional position (division manager for our industrial hygiene division and regional asbestos expert for our company's southwest region) so that I could take my partial sleeve beyond my elbow, but in the summer months it would be near impossible to conceal my artwork with a longsleeve shirt as I would die or catch on fire.  But I have been considering taking upcoming work on my back up to the base of my neck, which can be concealed with a basic collared shirt, and the tattoo I get on my right thigh will extend below my knee onto my shin and calf as I don't have to worry since I wear long pants to work.

Yeah... I'm a web applications developer, and I just say 'fuck it' at every job and eventually wear t-shirts to work.  I usually do it AFTER convincing them that I am awesome.  I'm probably screwed as far as any sort of management position is concerned, which is aOK with me.

Sorry about the whole penis debacle.  You put something personal online and it went to shit like things sometimes can.  No worries.  Even if I look real close it doesn't actually look like a penis, as penises don't have eyes.  Yours is more like an abstract penis.   icon_wink 

No worries.  I've been been more insulted. smile  It really just looks like a fish now that it's colored in.  Even the coloring in was a little weird... ever have a tattoo moment where you describe what you want, you are SURE you and the artist are on the same page, then you spend the next hour with your arm straight back behind you, only to find out that you really were NOT on the same page?  It's all pretty nitpicky, really, but... oh well.  The first artist I went to is actually super good, and has done some of my favorite work, but I think this wasn't really his style, whereas it is right up the alley of the new guy.  I do notice that a lot of the line work from the first guy is much sharper.  *shrug*
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »

Beefeater and tonic.  Great sippin' drink.
JCAnejo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:24 AM »

Usually keep a couple bottles of good tequila in the freezer. A nice silver for the breakfast tequila and a an Anejo for the evening. Brands change as the local Packie tends to rotete what good stuff they have.
Kratz
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »

I don't get booze in the freezer... I think it kills it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 04:33:10 AM »

Bottle of vodka in the freezer is a gellar household staple.

gellar
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 05:27:13 AM »

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 06:36:31 AM »

I'm currently taking vicodin, which causes constipation, so the hospital recommends I drink lots of grape juice. For an added kick I mix 2/3 grape juice with 1/3 vernors. It's like a party in my mouth.
Kratz
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »

Is everyone coming?
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

I can't come up with a witty reply to that. I am broken!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 16, 2008, 03:14:37 PM

Is everyone coming?

it'd be better than everyone going.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 15, 2008, 10:18:48 PM

You fail as a punk rocker.

I'm pretty failtastic in general.

Quote from: Alefroth on April 15, 2008, 10:20:22 PM

A real punk would only use chicory.

Dogfish Head's Chicory Stout is an old favorite of mine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: