http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 08:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farscape Returns?  (Read 503 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:47:54 AM »

Maybe, but not exactly as you know it:

Last week Sci Fi Channel made the out-of-nowhere announcement that the dearly departed cult favorite series Farscape would be coming back with all-new webisodes. In an exclusive interview, executive producer Brian Henson gave TV Guide some scoop about the upcoming revival, and also indicated that bigger plans for the franchise lie ahead.

A dozen new webisodes of the irreverent 1999-2003 live-action/puppet science-fiction adventure could launch as early as this fall on Scifi.com. Scripts have yet to be written, but Henson says the installments will be three to six minutes long, and “each one is a cool little cliff-hanger scene that takes you on a mind-twisting adventure." He expects some of the series’ actors and writers to return, but as of yet no deals have been signed. As to whether stars Ben Browder and Claudia Black will come back, Henson hints that their characters’ son, D'Argo Sun-Crichton, will likely be featured in the project. “The story will definitely take place in the Farscape universe,” Henson says, “and there will be some characters that the audience knows and some characters that will be new.” (All of the show’s Creature Shop-designed animatronic puppets will have to be re-created, he says, “because all of their molded foam skins have rotted.”)

(a bit more at the link above)

So...I'm excited (even if they'll be nothing but couple minute shows). How about you?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:35 AM »

I tried.  Really, really tried to get into Farscape.  I made it through the first season and halfway through season two and it just never did anything for me.  I think I felt let down as it was a show I tried to watch right after I finished the awesomeness that was Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:47:45 AM »

I'm right there with ya Warning... I made it almost all the way through season two and hated it.

It had a few good moments, but not enough to merit me suffering to "the good stuff"

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:25:31 AM »

I was going to try and rent it from Netflix but for at least the first season they have the episodes in a very wonky order on the DVD's.  Or at least they were-  it appears Netflix may have gotten new discs as disc 1 for season 1 no longer lists episodes 1 & 7 on it.

[edit] or is going to get some new discs.  It's all listed as 'save now' currently.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:29:17 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »

I really enjoy this show. I didn't like it at first but my father was a huge fan and eventually got me into it. SciFi, if you ask me, is on a role. Battlestar was a huge hit, Eureka is doing great for them and now this is coming back. That's quite a line-up.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 02:41:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 25, 2007, 03:25:31 AM

...they have the episodes in a very wonky order on the DVD's...

This is the reason why I will not order the DVDs.  Loved the show.  Cannot for the life of me figure out the DVDs.  What is all this Starbust Edition crap!  Why can't the DVDs be released as Season 1, Season 2 etc.?  Stupid.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »

I was going to try and rent it from Netflix but for at least the first season they have the episodes in a very wonky order on the DVD's.  Or at least they were-  it appears Netflix may have gotten new discs as disc 1 for season 1 no longer lists episodes 1 & 7 on it.

That's actually pretty common on a lot of shows.  It's generally a production order vs aired order issue.  Networks sometimes will juggle around a series based on what they think is needed to make viewers happy (ie get some action episodes earlier, etc) despite what the show creators intended.  Babylon 5 and Firefly also had similar issues.

Often it's corrected for the DVD release, but not always.  I usually end up googling what the "correct" order is supposed to be and going by that.

Quote from: Starshifter on July 25, 2007, 02:41:30 PM

...they have the episodes in a very wonky order on the DVD's...

This is the reason why I will not order the DVDs.  Loved the show.  Cannot for the life of me figure out the DVDs.  What is all this Starbust Edition crap!  Why can't the DVDs be released as Season 1, Season 2 etc.?  Stupid.

Seasons sets were already released before the Starbursts hit (extremely expensive though).  However that should get cleared up pretty soon- The original company (ADV IIRC) no longer owns the rights.  A new company does (Sony maybe?) and should be releasing new sets at some point.  The current DVDs are out of print, I believe. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: