http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:00:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farscape - it's coming!  (Read 2127 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2004, 11:09:11 AM »

There's a new trailer for The Peacekeeper Wars ---> Here <---.  Oct. 17th is the air date.

I've been waiting for this for awhile, ever since the great idea to end the series on a cliffhanger,  so it better not disappoint.
I still feel a little bitterness to see another great series cancelled before it's time.   Movies are good and all, but it just doesn't compare to what may have been.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 01:58:12 PM »

Man I should get the boxed sets of these or something....I didn't get into it at first, then I started watching it, then found out it was being cancelled and stopped watching it.  Its a rollercoaster...for my brain.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 02:24:56 PM »

I'm anxious for this, but much like KD I stopped watching after a while. For me it was too tough to routinely catch it when Sci Fi would keep jacking with the schedule. I watched the first two years all through, caught parts of the third season, watched two episodes of the fourth and then went on to other things. That is was cancelled was never a question of if but when. frown But this bodes well for future mini-series though, so I'm hopeful. I've been buying Farscape on DVD and hopefully soon I'll be able to go through them all and catch up on the show.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 07:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
I've been waiting for this for awhile, ever since the great idea to end the series on a cliffhanger,  so it better not disappoint.
I still feel a little bitterness to see another great series cancelled before it's time.   Movies are good and all, but it just doesn't compare to what may have been.

Uh...Farscape didn't end the series on a cliffhanger.

Sci-Fi (being the asses they are) cancelled the series on a cliffhanger.

Just a bit of a difference. smile

On a side note though - the series is excellent. I (and lots of other fans) were pissed when they canned this show and kept making their usual 'B-Movie crap' instead.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 09:07:44 PM »

whups...maybe bad choice of words on my part.  I didn't mean to imply the series had finished up to end a cliffhanger.   Yes, it was Sci-Fi's lame-brain idea and one of the crappiest things a network can do to a show and it's fans.  

There's also an interview here with Claudia Black.  She mentions the mini-series will continue some things from the last episode and that there may be a big screen movie in the future.

For those of you who missed it, Sci-Fi is going to replay all 88 episodes of the series starting Oct. 1 to lead up to the mini-series.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 01:30:18 PM »

Remember it's on tomorrow at 9 PST!!

Fishbelly
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 01:47:42 PM »

At last!  I've set the satellite to record and warned my family that I will be watching this Sunday.  Since I (don't kill me) don't like Enterprise, Stargate, etc. Farscape was the only SF show in TV I enjoyed, especially after the untimely death of Firefly.  I did't realize how much I missed the show until this post.  Thanks--I'd forgotten it was coming up.  Woohoo!

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

Woody Allen
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 01:56:03 PM »

Yup, I'll be watching it. Farscape was one of the very few shows that I followed, and I've never really forgiven Scifi channel for it, but this is the one thing I'll tune in to see, once again.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »

ok, you guys are gonna think I'm crazy, but see, they've been airing the series 7 episodes at a time  in order from the beginning since the first of the month, and I just got this nifty DVR from my cable company.  I've been recording them on my dvr, and then transfering the episodes to dvd through a dvd recorder I borrowed from work.  been getting about 5-6 episodes per disc, admittedly at a lower quality (slightly above VHS), but I have the whole series now!

:twisted:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 03:22:43 PM »

SPOILER QUESTION

Uh cliffhanger?  Weren't Crichton and Aeryn nuked from orbit (since it's the only way to be sure)?  How's that a cliffhanger?
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 03:56:16 PM »

Spoiler answer:
They werent nuked from orbit, they were blasted with a ray that left a dust like residue behind.  It implied that they were killed, but it also could have been some sort of tranporter beam.
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 04:18:57 PM »

Thought I bump this because I was a Farscape fan from the very beginning. Remember when the Sci Fi channel used to be good?

Sci Fi Fridays. There hours of primetime shows with the last two repeating late night. And then it was going so well they even did it on Saturdays.

Well Farscape comes on today Sunday at 9pm; 11pm; and 1:00am. This is good so we can all get a chance to catch the show live. Critical for those of us who typically record the wrong channel or wrong part of the day :lol:
gwartok
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 04:31:14 PM »

Quote from: "D.A.Lewis"
Well Farscape comes on today Sunday at 9pm; 11pm; and 1:00am. This is good so we can all get a chance to catch the show live. Critical for those of us who typically record the wrong channel or wrong part of the day :lol:

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I have to work until midnight tonight and had forgot to set up the VCR to record it. I was going to ask the wife to record it but that's pretty much a crap shoot..

Since this is a mini-series I'm assuming it's going to be more than one night. If so, what nights are they airing the rest of them?
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 05:25:59 PM »

Looks like it is 4-hours long with part 1 on Sunday night and part 2 on Monday night.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 07:37:58 PM »

I am most absolutelying watching this tonight. I haven't flipped on the TV to watch anything but the news for months now, and I figure this would be a good way to break in the TV again. biggrin

From what I hear this miniseries is absolutely fantastic. If you're a Farscape fan at all you do NOT want to miss this.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 10:55:50 PM »

Heads up for Dish folks

My Dish is running Sci fi on east coast time some the times are 3 hours earlier. Fortunately, I also have cable running in the house so Farscape will be running from 6pm through 3am.

I would invite you all over to watch it on my 50 inch plasma, but nobody knows where I live so I guess I just cant do it . . .
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 02:28:20 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
From what I hear this miniseries is absolutely fantastic. If you're a Farscape fan at all you do NOT want to miss this.
So far, so good!

Formerly Sith Lord
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 05:16:50 AM »

Great show.

The acting started a little slow but they all soon found thier rhythm and the show was rockin. Typical convoluted (but fun) Farscape plot. Can't wait for part 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: