http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 12:02:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farenheit 911, for free, online  (Read 1872 times)
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:36:35 AM »

Streaming link here

Looks legit. If not, feel free to remove.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 01:41:38 AM »

Even at that price, I'd still feel ripped off. slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:45:10 AM »

If that Fat Bastard came to my house and offered to do a re-enactment in my kitchen I still wouldn't watch it.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 03:21:07 AM »

I'm not convinced that's legit, it looks like a shaky-cam version. Has anyone found anything on the site that states they are licensed to show it?
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:54 PM »

If that Fat Bastard came to my house, gave me the dvd for FREE and brought popcorn I still wouldn't accept it.  :lol:
DocDarm
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 12:41:03 PM »

The only thing I liked about that piece o' crap movie is that it actually showed some of the civilain fallout from the American bombings.  Maimed grandmothers, dead children, formerly pro-USA Iraqi's now cursing our name...this is what happens when you drop a bomb.  Our leaders seem to have forgotten this.  We need to be reminded that there are no "smart" bombs.

The rest of the movie was over-the-top bias/useless.  I'm anti-Bush, but I'm also smart enough to see the childish tricks M. Moore plays in his movie to slant the bias even further.

Jackhole.

DocDarm
New York City
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 03:34:46 PM »

Yes, Doc and for that part of the film alone I felt the movie did a servce and was not a waste. It's hard to forget that mother that was trying to bring down the wrath of God on us for killing her loved ones.
Sam is the Man
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 05:00:26 PM »

Wow...I had no idea how simple-minded that movie was, at least the first 15 minutes or so. I watched that much because it was free, and was amazed. I had always assumed that, since the movie received SO much praise, that it would at least be intelligent and sly...but, at least in the first 15min, it is unbelievably superficial and obviously misleading in its portrayal of EVERYTHING. Granted, I can't speak to the rest of the movie, but if Moore's schoolyard taunting of Bush in the first 15min is any indication of his presentation throughout the rest, I'm sad and surprised that this film has been acclaimed by so many as intelligent and noble.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 05:28:22 PM »

The movie does have some merits, but he is a political acitivist after all.  I liked the part on the black representatives being ignored by the rest of congress.  They couldn't even get one senator to sponsor them.  Nice.  I also liked seeing the recruitment tactics used.  Target the poor, basically.  The links to the Saudis is also good stuff to know.  Our country as a whole is just way to dependent on oil and the slimebags in that country.  I say 25% of it was trash, 25% was opinion, 25% was decent and 25% was good.  It's easy to see through his fluff because of how annoying he can be.  And I really think he should hire someone else to do the voiceovers because he has a terribly whiny voice.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 07:54:40 PM »

I'd rather have someone get me drunk and put it in my butt than watch that again.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 09:30:01 PM »

I'd rather have someone get me drunk and put it in my butt than watch that again.

I do believe we have a smiley for that....

:shock:

Yep, there it is!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: