http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 02:56:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Falling Skies onwards to Season 4!  (Read 7269 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »

ahh we are a few weeks behind its episode 8 tomorrow,and yeah i have been enjoying it production values look great,although i heard they have been spending a couple of Mil on each episode

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

Thought the finale was fantastic.  A little rushed in places but all in all a lot of good action and setup for next season.  Wish we didn't have to wait a whole year for it!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »

They almost lost me up until that final moment.  Damn if that scene didn't make me anxious for season 3.  Has TNT renewed it for next season?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 21, 2012, 03:33:47 PM

They almost lost me up until that final moment.  Damn if that scene didn't make me anxious for season 3.  Has TNT renewed it for next season?

Well according to Metallicorphan and Proner it has but then who can believe those guys?  Im waiting for the "official" announcement from CeeKay before I believe it.

Regarding season 2 I liked it.  I felt that they picked up the pace from season 1.  Sure you can nit pick it to death if you want, pretty much like any sci-fi based show but as long as I just enjoy the show and dont try to be critica,l its fun to watch.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »

I agree that this show has hit its stride. The pacing is good and the plotting takes some unexpected swerves. I rolled my eyes at some of the cliche dialog in the finale and the introduction of a pregnancy story arc, but all in all I'm enjoying it and looking forward to next season.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Since Season 1 ended by introducing a new alien (the fishheads), ending Season 2 the same way was strangely anticlimactic.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

Is it just me or did the season finale seem like it ended with a smile (on both sides)?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 21, 2012, 04:16:33 PM

Im waiting for the "official" announcement from CeeKay before I believe it.

oh, wait, that's me.

there will be a season 3.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2012, 11:23:46 AM »

LOL  icon_lol

Okay i finally got round to the finale

I am guessing that
Spoiler for Hiden:
the new visitors are new allies? with them blowing up that 'gun' that was to stop other visitors,was that 'gun' in operation?as its strange that as soon as its destroyed they appear

if true and they are new allies,season 3 will be really interesting and maybe will become a more out war-which means lots of action for season 3

so it takes a season and a half for ..
Spoiler for Hiden:
Tom and Anne to get together and kiss,and now 3 or 4 episodes later she is pregnant!!  Roll Eyes

I was really expecting Captain Weaver...
Spoiler for Hiden:
to die,with him hugging his daughter and basically saying he is bulletproof...i thought,yup,your dead,LOL

Karen needs punching in the face

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Tonight is the 2 hour premiere of season 3.

I merged the two threads that we had already, hope I didn't screw anything up with that smile

One of my favorite summer tv shows.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:58:05 PM by naednek » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2013, 04:49:05 PM »

hmm it starts in July (16th)for us...which is good because i think i will re-watch season 1 and 2 on Netflix to catch up before it starts

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2013, 02:45:05 AM »

I knew season 3 was coming, but for some reason I'm very 'meh' about it.  I can barely remember where they left off, may have to catch the last episode again on Amazon Instant.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2013, 04:03:26 AM »

Looks like my DVR was smart enough to slurp up both episodes tonight. I'm glad it's on the job. Will endeavor to watch later this week.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »

Very nice - These will air the 15th of june here in Denmark, and I'm quite excited. Despite its many flaws, I really like the show, the ideas behind it, and the cast. Here is hoping they have a tiny bit more cash this time around!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2013, 06:14:43 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 09, 2013, 04:49:05 PM

hmm it starts in July (16th)for us...which is good because i think i will re-watch season 1 and 2 on Netflix to catch up before it starts

Okay,i was wrong,they are on my SKY+ box(DVR) on demand section

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 10, 2013, 04:03:26 AM

Looks like my DVR was smart enough to slurp up both episodes tonight. I'm glad it's on the job. Will endeavor to watch later this week.

I was surprised to see my DVR broke them up into 2 episodes instead of the one big one like it normally does.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2013, 02:39:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 10, 2013, 11:07:53 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on June 10, 2013, 04:03:26 AM

I was surprised to see my DVR broke them up into 2 episodes instead of the one big one like it normally does.

Mine did the same thing. Part 1 cut off with 2 seconds left to go, and Part 2 picked right up with those last 2 seconds. So it's all good.

It was a good premier. The new season starts 7 months after the old one ended, and stuff happened while we weren't watching. That adds a sense of realism, but it knocks you off balance as you struggle to figure out how much is really new versus how much you're supposed to remember from the last season. Still, they drop enough references and hints about the missing months that you're fully up to speed by the end of the premier.

I'm glad it's back. This is the best sf show on the telly right now, at least AFAIK. 

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »

I liked the premiere but the 7 month time jump is very disconcerting.  They've skipped over so much that happened in those 7 months, that it seems like a totally different show.  Its like they resolved a lot of the cliffhanger issues from last seasons finale by ignoring them.  Comes off kind of cheap, IMHO.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »

I wonder if we'll see a lot of flashback episodes now.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »

and another season is done.  just watched the finale:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was worried they were going to go with the cliche that the Volm were even worse bad guys than the Skitters, but they've put off such a revelation for now.

hopefully with the star child they'll be able to get past the whole 'oh noes, is he/she/it bugged?' schtick.

thought it was an OK season, but I didn't feel the urge to watch each episode right away.  I ended up with the last half of the season sitting on my DVR before I sat down and watched it.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:39 AM »

Yeah just finished it up tonight too. I thought this season was a bit better than the last season but other than the one unexpected moment somewhat near the end it seems like the next season is going to be more of the same.

And you know in the next season...
Spoiler for Hiden:
that little girl is going to get Tom, Captain Weaver, and Cochies father in the room and start chanting "Pretanama"
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

Does anyone else feel like the skitters are possibly the most incompetent invasion force ever. Seriously how the hell did these guys manage to annihilate the worlds armies?

Spoiler for Hiden:
The fact that they allowed Tom's group to load up a multi ton weapon, put it on a boat, then let them drive the boat right up to their tower without so much as an attempt at stopping them is unbelievable. It was either horrible writing or the end result of not having enough budget to show what they really wanted to have happen. Either way it was bad.

I watch the show because its summer time and nothing else is on, but I really can't see how people think this show is great.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 09, 2013, 03:09:55 PM

Does anyone else feel like the skitters are possibly the most incompetent invasion force ever. Seriously how the hell did these guys manage to annihilate the worlds armies?

Spoiler for Hiden:
The fact that they allowed Tom's group to load up a multi ton weapon, put it on a boat, then let them drive the boat right up to their tower without so much as an attempt at stopping them is unbelievable. It was either horrible writing or the end result of not having enough budget to show what they really wanted to have happen. Either way it was bad.

I watch the show because its summer time and nothing else is on, but I really can't see how people think this show is great.

Considering they wiped out about 99% of humanity, Id say they were fairly effective.  I figure they did the vast majority of their annihilating from space and they just really suck at mopping up. I do agree that the finale was sloppily written though.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
Their excuse for allowing Toms group to do the whole boat thing was that the diversion of attacking Chicago pulled all of their focus away from the Boston tower.  Damn those tricksey humans, they fooled us again!  Yeah, that was pretty weak. Its entertaining enough that I still watch but yeah, you have to check any critical part of your brain at the door or the show falls apart quite rapidly.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:29:20 PM by rshetts2 » Logged

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »

hey you think its bs until you realize on dday 3 guys and some 'chutes where able to distract the nazis enough from that MASSIVE FLOTILLA moving toward the beach!

and in the first iraq war some seals in a rubber dingie with fireworks pulled the attention of the army long enough to move entire columns of tanks in behind them!  theres a reason the feint has been a part of military tactics for thousands of years slywink
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »

I try not to get hung up on the goofy plot holes.  It's an entertaining show for me.  I like sci-fi as a genre, and there isn't much out there on TV.  I don't go into Falling Skies with high expectations.  I just appreciate that they're trying to keep a scripted sci-fi show on TV.  They could just say screw it and put another scripted cop show or reality show on.     
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on August 09, 2013, 04:45:47 PM

I try not to get hung up on the goofy plot holes.  It's an entertaining show for me.  I like sci-fi as a genre, and there isn't much out there on TV.  I don't go into Falling Skies with high expectations.  I just appreciate that they're trying to keep a scripted sci-fi show on TV.  They could just say screw it and put another scripted cop show or reality show on.     

So true. If I see one more crime drama with a strong female lead I think my head will asplode.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »

teaser trailer for season 4.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »

Well, I guess that's one way to negate a major story development from the previous season.  Seems someone didn't really like the direction they were going and decided to do a 180.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:03 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 19, 2014, 02:12:30 AM

Well, I guess that's one way to negate a major story development from the previous season.  Seems someone didn't really like the direction they were going and decided to do a 180.
huh?
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »

It didn't air yet but it is on the pirate sites. A review copy leaked is my guess. And every review I have read leads me to believe the show was rebooted unnecessarily.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

retard  Ummm...yeah...that little blurb doesn't make much sense without the link I intended to add to the words "that's one way", does it?

In my defense, I was coming out of a post dinner coma at the time.  

Anyway, in short, it sounds like they're ditching the "we have a strong ally!" angle from last season almost entirely.  That kind of resets the show back to what it was in seasons 1 and 2 and effectively ditches the conclusion of season 3.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:24:22 PM by hepcat » Logged

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:20 PM »

That season premier was kind of a train wreck, wasn't it? Hard to figure out what was going on.

I don't have the best memory or attention span, so these questions might have been addressed already. When did Blood Moonshot's character come back to life? I thought she was written out last season. Suddenly she's a badass terrorist chick? Wha...? Similar question about Lorax -- didn't we leave her as a manchurian candidate, or did they rehabilitate her?

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 30, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

That season premier was kind of a train wreck, wasn't it? Hard to figure out what was going on.

I don't have the best memory or attention span, so these questions might have been addressed already. When did Blood Moonshot's character come back to life? I thought she was written out last season. Suddenly she's a badass terrorist chick? Wha...? Similar question about Lorax -- didn't we leave her as a manchurian candidate, or did they rehabilitate her?

These are excellent questions!  Now that you mention it I can't remember either.  I thought they re-found Soleil Moonfrye at the end of last season and someone had taken the baby.  Or did I totally imagine that?  I don't think she was written out of the show, I think she was just on hiatus because she was really pregnant.  And yeah I thought Lordax had been converted by one of those bugs.  Anyone have better memory or do we actually have to use this Internet contraption to look it up?
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »

After seeing the second episode the fragmented storylines are starting to gel. I still don't know how Moon Bloodstain came back from the presumed dead, though, and I especially have a hard time buying the "Hitler Youth" arc.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on July 01, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

After seeing the second episode the fragmented storylines are starting to gel. I still don't know how Moon Bloodstain came back from the presumed dead, though, and I especially have a hard time buying the "Hitler Youth" arc.

lol!  Are you having more success than I am buying the Daenryshybridmagik storyline lol? 
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 01, 2014, 06:16:12 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on July 01, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

lol!  Are you having more success than I am buying the Daenryshybridmagik storyline lol? 

No, that's terminally silly, too.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:55 AM »

When you introduce nazis to your story in a sci if show, you've hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to ideas.  See Defiance for another example.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 02, 2014, 01:24:55 AM

When you introduce nazis to your story in a sci if show, you've hit the bottom of the barrel when it comes to ideas.  See Defiance for another example.

Nah I think it's when you introduce gay Nazi ninjas!   ninja ninja2 nod
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »

Yeah I have no idea wtf is happening at this point. I liked last season a lot. The blonde chick is still super hot though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: