http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 09:56:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TV] Falling Skies onwards to Season 4!  (Read 6503 times)
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »

I forgot all about this one. So...yay!

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2012, 03:04:51 AM »

I just saw a trailer on FX for the new season starting July 3rd here,looking it up i see it starts on the 17th(2 hr premier this Sunday) for you guys

Not sure if you get the same trailer as us,but it gave a lot away(IMO)

I got the impression from season 1 thread,that some of you were so-so about it(i liked it,but it could of been better),are you still in for season 2?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2012, 03:09:01 AM »

While not perfect, it was a good summer show. I only really have a few so I'm definitely in. Burn Notice starts soon too...
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2012, 06:11:44 AM »

It's not great sf but it's good-enough sf. So many series take 2-3 seasons to find their groove that I'm pretty forgiving. I'm glad they got a 2nd season and will be watching.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 14, 2012, 06:11:44 AM

It's not great sf but it's good-enough sf. So many series take 2-3 seasons to find their groove that I'm pretty forgiving. I'm glad they got a 2nd season and will be watching.

I'm in the same boat. If this were on in the fall it wouldn't make my watch cut, but since it's the summer I will be watching it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »

They should have done more advertising for this had no idea it was returning.

With Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Camelot, Awake, and Terra Nova all off I literally have no tv shows left to watch, so will give season 2 a try. While not perfect, season 1 was good enough to keep watching. I was actually working at a correctional facility where the inmates were watching it each week and that's how I got on to it.
If it's good enough for inmates (free medical, dental, food, cable tv) then it's good enough for us!  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »

they also did a digital comic that bridges the gap between seasons.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »

I quite enjoyed the two-hour season premiere. They seemed to have more FX budget for it, though I'm curious if the regular episodes will have the same amount.

Early on I was joking that maybe the episode was turning into Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The only thing missing were humans chanting "Mola Ram, Sola Ram!"  icon_razz But that passed pretty quickly.

The "eyeball scene" was pretty awesome.  icon_cool Wil Wheaton hosted a pretty fun Q&A with cast, director and one of the producers on the fallingskies.com web site. The video was iOS-compatible, fwiw. I enjoyed it more than, say, AMC's post-Walking Dead showing talk show, which had a habit of dragging on guests with no involvement in the show to blab about everything but the episode that just aired.

I believe they said the premiere was written by Mark Verheiden, whom I still tend to associate with his work on the Dark Horse Comics Aliens series in the early 1990s, though he's done lots of work in TV as an executive producer and writer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

I've decided to enjoy this show for what it is, because I doubt it will ever be as good as it could be. I like the fact that they do convey a sense of desperation and there does same to be a constant threat to their survival. So the plot keeps moving along. But there are just so many little things I could nitpick about the show. But I won't and instead I will enjoy it for what it is.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »

This show wasn't about the aliens instead it's more about the humans that are left. That's always been the underlying theme.

Most people felt jipped from not seeing the aliens attack during last season. That's already happened in that world. They came, saw, and pretty much conquered already. People complaining they didn't see any of that was silly as it wasn't supposed to be about that part.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »

If you felt like there wasn't enough Alien Kaboom sequences in Season 1, there was plenty of that in the 2-hour premiere. icon_smile But like I said, this is a TV show, and TNT is not HBO budget-wise. There's only so much they can do CGI-wise under a limited budget though I'm hopefully Season 2 has a bigger FX budget.

I feel like it was a good start and I'll be more invested in the show moving forward. I'm not even sure I'll bother getting the Season 1 DVD set to catch up; I'd rather just look forward to the new episodes this summer and fall and see where it leads.  icon_smile There have been a few actiony shows where I got into it during the 2nd or 3rd seasons and wasn't really into the initial season (NCIS was like that for me).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »

Good start to the second season.  I like how they establish, without a doubt, that the top of the food chain aliens are absolute bastards.  Not that there was much doubt after they wiped out the vast majority of humanity but last nite they smacked you in the face with their duplicity on a more personal level.  I do give them bonus points though because when they wiped out humanity it appears they made an effort to spare hot chicks.  See they aint all bad!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on June 18, 2012, 05:10:36 PM

I do give them bonus points though because when they wiped out humanity it appears they made an effort to spare hot chicks.  See they aint all bad!

Tell that to RRitchard.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »

I actually enjoyed the premiere more than I expected. I thought the first season was pretty average, but interesting enough and with more than enough eye candy to get me to finish it. I'm on board with season 2.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4xr14w
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

That's my take as well.  I was surprised when I realized I wanted to watch both episodes last night.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 02:20:48 AM »

With no more jupiter's cock or dragon queens until next year, have to have something to fill in the gap right?

The scene with the "eye" was.. painful. eek

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »

dangit, DVR didn't get the memo it was supposed to record this.  luckily they're repeating Sunday's episodes next Sunday morning.

Because I can,
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2012, 02:47:58 AM »

Well its starting off better than the first season which was lackluster. But they still do a lot of stupid stuff which always gets me nit picking this show. Thankfully there was only the one big one big idiodic moment scratch my head. It was the bridge scene where it had the gap in it. Apparently the super kid couldn't jump the gap (looked like I could jump it even) nor did they think to put down a few temporary boards to help walk across (but thought of it for their vechiles). Instead of figuring that out they sent the kid swiming across the river.

Actually the other thing that was almost as bad is when they go to blow up that tower structure. The guy with the rocket says he's too far away and its a 50/50 shot from there if the rocket would reach at that distance. So he decides to slide down a small hill, about 20 yards, and that made the difference for the rocket to reach.

But its still an improvement and I'll continue to watch as there's nothing else on at the moment.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on June 19, 2012, 02:47:58 AM

Well its starting off better than the first season which was lackluster. But they still do a lot of stupid stuff which always gets me nit picking this show. Thankfully there was only the one big one big idiodic moment scratch my head. It was the bridge scene where it had the gap in it. Apparently the super kid couldn't jump the gap (looked like I could jump it even) nor did they think to put down a few temporary boards to help walk across (but thought of it for their vechiles). Instead of figuring that out they sent the kid swiming across the river.

Actually the other thing that was almost as bad is when they go to blow up that tower structure. The guy with the rocket says he's too far away and its a 50/50 shot from there if the rocket would reach at that distance. So he decides to slide down a small hill, about 20 yards, and that made the difference for the rocket to reach.

But its still an improvement and I'll continue to watch as there's nothing else on at the moment.

See Nitpicks, it's so easy with this show. How about the fact that they go out of the way to mask the heat coming off the cars, but then they go ahead and drive around with their lights on at night, and one truck even had overhead spinner lights on. I could go on, but that would ruing my stance on enjoying it for what it is.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »

I assume no one is commenting on this last episode because it was lame? It was fairly boring, but most set up episodes are.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43:45 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on June 19, 2012, 02:47:58 AM

So assuming the tower was 100 yards away to start with and it was a 50/50 shot, assuming he rolled down the hill 20 more yards, wouldn't that bring his chances of hitting it to 70%? 

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 25, 2012, 07:33:01 PM

I assume no one is commenting on this last episode because it was lame? It was fairly boring, but most set up episodes are.

Yeah, pretty lame.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »

Haven't seen the latest one yet but just watched the 2-part premier last night. Production values were good and it managed to draw me back into the show, which I'd almost completely forgotten.

Am I the only one who feels no connection to any of these characters? I can't even remember their names, much less care whether or not they are eaten by dinosaurs. (OK, it's better than Terra Nova was, but it suffers from some of the same flaws.)

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 03:07:56 AM »

I'm liking the 2nd season quite a bit. For those who complained over and over on how long the survivors of The Walking Dead stayed on the farm, you should be pleased that they don't stay in one place for so long on this show smile

Ya, there's plenty of things to nit pick, but it's a pretty interesting show and I'm interested to see how things pan out.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »

I dig the show but are they ever going to film it in the day time? So much of it's at night, and there were times in episode 2 where the picture was so dark I could barely see what was happening.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »

Quote from: naednek on June 26, 2012, 03:07:56 AM

I'm liking the 2nd season quite a bit. For those who complained over and over on how long the survivors of The Walking Dead stayed on the farm, you should be pleased that they don't stay in one place for so long on this show smile

Ya, there's plenty of things to nit pick, but it's a pretty interesting show and I'm interested to see how things pan out.

The constant moving and "strategery" is probably my favorite part of the show. They always have to try and stay one step ahead of the aliens in order  to survive. I just wish they would turn off their damn headlights when they are driving at night.

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2012, 02:13:27 AM »

For some reason I didn't get into this show last season, but gave it another shot this year.  After watching the season 2 premier the wife and I watched all of season 1.  Really clicking with me now and I dig the show.

The wife and I noticed :  This show reminds us of  Battlestar Galactica.  A small group of surviving humans in a convoy lead by the military to fight back and find a home.   Of course the similarities pretty much end there slywink

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

My guess on the miss-matched eye skitter

Spoiler for Hiden:
He's part of a rebel faction amongst the aliens

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2012, 03:36:37 AM »

msn

3rd season greenlit

i have not watched any of season 2 yet,i am recording them and will watch when i have the time

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:03 AM »

I've been enjoying season 2 so far, but then again I enjoyed season 1 so my bar for this show isn't very high.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:29 AM »

Watched the first two eps of FS tonight. It is starting to grow on me. The skitters might be the most believably alien TV aliens ever.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 27, 2012, 10:10:44 AM

My guess on the miss-matched eye skitter

Spoiler for Hiden:
He's part of a rebel faction amongst the aliens

Spoiler for Hiden:
You were right!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on July 12, 2012, 05:36:29 AM

Watched the first two eps of FS tonight. It is starting to grow on me. The skitters might be the most believably alien TV aliens ever.

Nanu....nanu?

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2012, 04:40:12 AM »

TNT has renewed Falling Skies for a 3rd season.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:45 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on July 14, 2012, 04:40:12 AM

TNT has renewed Falling Skies for a 3rd season.

I'm not sure who to believe, you or metallicorphan.  you both have very shifty eyes.....

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »

I missed it again!

Where's a facepalm smiley when you need it.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

I'm definitely enjoying this season a lot - actually by the end of last season the show had already been finding its way.  I like that there's a Walking Dead quality to it, the whole idea of different groups trying to survive and fight back in different ways, but with the complexity of different aliens with different factions and agendas to add to the complexity.  One smart move they made is with focusing on the middle kid, who I picked last season as the best actor of the 3.  Making him a super-hybrid with conflicting loyalties makes it that much better, and further sets him apart from his pretty boy older brother and doofus younger brother.  I also like that they removed or killed off some of the other kids to tighten the overall focus.

Next week's episode looks like it's going to be really good...
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »

Definitely improving.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Anyone else think when they get to Richmond it'll have been taken out by the aliens? Karen knows of where they are going to now.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »

Not bad for a season finale.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2012, 05:52:28 AM »

I need to catch up. I'm a few episodes behind. Season finale already?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: