http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 06:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 - Championship  (Read 1648 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »

I know you guys like your Indy but.....I don't think it could get any closer than this!

Massa was 1st, Hamilton 5th. Hamilton had the world championship. 2 laps to go he was overtaken - thereby loosing the world championship

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N0l3sNYnRaw
** Note video has been removed due to F1 idiocity **

Awesome!

Tals
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:43:07 PM by Tals » Logged

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »

Yeah I was rooting for Massa (I find him infinitely more likable than Lewis), so watching that slow Toyota get run down on the last turn was disappointing.  Still, Lewis deserved the championship just as much as Massa did.

It's funny, from Lewis' first few races, I thought I'd be a huge fan of his.  After watching his antics for the last few years, he's probably my least favorite driver.  He just rubs me the wrong way.

gellar
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:45 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 02, 2008, 09:34:42 PM

Yeah I was rooting for Massa (I find him infinitely more likable than Lewis), so watching that slow Toyota get run down on the last turn was disappointing.  Still, Lewis deserved the championship just as much as Massa did.

It's funny, from Lewis' first few races, I thought I'd be a huge fan of his.  After watching his antics for the last few years, he's probably my least favorite driver.  He just rubs me the wrong way.

gellar

Masa, you're kidding me - "Mr i've no personality" smile Find me a race that he has excited in any way smile

What does excite me is Vettel, put those 2 in competitive cars next year and we just may have an awesome season. He took Lewis fair and square and almost killed his championship, colour me shocked.

Tals

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:10:47 PM »

I like Felipe because he always seems to respond in the proper way.  He's very typical Brazilian F1 in that way, very affable and a good teammate. 

I am a Vettel fan as well.  Reminds me of a young (er... younger) Alonso.  If I was building an F1 team, those would be my two drivers (Alonso/Vettel), no doubt in my mind.  I actually really like both STR drivers and am disappointed to find Vettel in the 'better' Red Bull team next year.  I thought he brought a lot of good out of Bourdais.

gellar
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 11:25:26 PM »

That was a fantastic race (finally, it seems most F1 races are on the whole boring).  When Vettel passed Hamilton I couldn't believe it.  I'm with Tals on Lewis as well, something about his racing style/manner bothers me and I was hoping for a Massa win if only to see the local crowd go beserk (more so than the were already).  So sad to see Glock run down with less than 1/4 of a lap to go, high drama in Brazil.  I wouldn't want Alonso on my team, his actions at Mclaren last year were bush league.  Vettel is going to get a Ferrari ride one day soon I'd guess.  I wonder if he will try to stay at Toro Rosso instead of moving onto the Red Bull "senior" team, they have that car running so well now and it was a joke at the start of the season.
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 12:47:37 AM »

Exciting closing to the F1 season. I was hoping that Massa could win the championship somehow and it almost happened. I have been a fan of his for years. He could of put this season away with a couple of races to go but the team and car let him down.

Vettel is an up and coming star. Interesting what he will do with Red Bull next year and where ever he ends up after that. Probably be at McClaren or Ferrari in a couple of years. Also great to see a resurgance of Renault in the second half but then BMW/Sauber faded.

What is the future of F1? Toro Rosso is up for sale and without a buyer. Ferrari talking of leaving F1. Could be a very different season next year with very few cars.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:54:15 AM by mori » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 01:56:52 AM »

Really the perfect ending to the season, even if I am a Massa/Ferrari fan. It doesn't get any better than that coming down to the final lap of the final race.

Really wish we would see a driver shake up next year but it appears we aren't going to. I would like to see Alonso, as much as I dislike him, in a competitive car. Kimi needs to go to a lesser team, and Vettel needs to get a much better seat, like Raikkonen's.

Supposedly the cars are going to be a lot different next year though? Maybe we will see some other teams challenge?
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 02:17:43 AM »

Why the Kimi hate? He was the defending World Driving Champion. After Spa he did not really compete for wins but he definately was competitive.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 02:23:13 AM »

Quote from: mori on November 03, 2008, 02:17:43 AM

Why the Kimi hate? He was the defending World Driving Champion. After Spa he did not really compete for wins but he definately was competitive.

I think just because Massa was CLEARLY the faster of the two this year.

I actually like Kimi.  His speaking style cracks me up.

gellar
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 02:31:19 AM »

Kimi was disappointing this year while Massa was much improved (although the team as a whole was miserable and they lost the championship by making stupid mistakes). Never been a fan of him and was disappointed when he went to Ferrari. I never get the feeling he really cares, he's just living the rock star life and that's all that matters. I would love to see one of the younger drivers get a chance with a real car, make things even more interesting next year.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:37:57 AM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 02, 2008, 11:25:26 PM

That was a fantastic race (finally, it seems most F1 races are on the whole boring).  When Vettel passed Hamilton I couldn't believe it.  I'm with Tals on Lewis as well, something about his racing style/manner bothers me and I was hoping for a Massa win if only to see the local crowd go beserk (more so than the were already).  So sad to see Glock run down with less than 1/4 of a lap to go, high drama in Brazil.  I wouldn't want Alonso on my team, his actions at Mclaren last year were bush league.  Vettel is going to get a Ferrari ride one day soon I'd guess.  I wonder if he will try to stay at Toro Rosso instead of moving onto the Red Bull "senior" team, they have that car running so well now and it was a joke at the start of the season.

Gellar is the Massa lover  nod  I think Lewis is awesome personally, wheras I can't think of a race which massa has excited me I can think of a load where Lewis has.

Vettel is the first person i've seen come close to Lewis in a 1 to 1 and that is excellent for next season.

Tals

Byrns
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »

Personally I cheer for anyone but Ferrari. slywink It's too much like cheering for the Yankees or Manchester United.

I wish BMW never had let Vettel go. Him and Kubica would do well.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »

Um... so how come when I go to the F1 site it says that Hamilton DID win the championship?

Is Tals just retarded in the original post?

I think Hamilton... whatever.

Massa is boring as shit.  I have no interest in that guy.

Of course, the last two seasons I really haven't had any interest in F1 either... so... oh well.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »

He was second in the championship until the last lap of the race.

Hamilton is possibly one of the best drivers ever. History will tell. I'll dig a video of Hamilton on top gear where he was amazing in a standard car driving in the wet

Tals

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 08:21:57 PM »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RpUQY-zoFnE

Done on a wet race track - all have the same car, his time was pretty amazing

Tals
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:23:36 PM by Tals » Logged

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »

And the most disappointing moment was David Coultard (sp?) getting punted in the first corner thereby depriving us of video from his helmet cam  crybaby.  That was a very cool shot and really made the car seem like it was in a video game.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 04:28:50 AM »

Quote from: Tals on November 03, 2008, 06:59:20 PM

He was second in the championship until the last lap of the race.

Hamilton is possibly one of the best drivers ever. History will tell. I'll dig a video of Hamilton on top gear where he was amazing in a standard car driving in the wet

Tals

Well you're a Brit... of course you love Lewis.  I can't blame you for that.  If he was American, I'd think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  You all once thought Jens was a terrific driver too slywink

gellar
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »

I think you'll find we don't tend to work that way. The papers ensure that smile. I don't think in the uk Jenson was ever viewed that well.

Even mansell wasn't a great driver he just pushed harder smile

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »

Quote from: Tals on November 04, 2008, 08:46:08 AM

I think you'll find we don't tend to work that way.

Sky Sports poll has 44% saying that he could go on to beat Schumacher's record of 7 titles. It's way too early to be even thinking about that you silly patriotic Brits. smile
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 10:34:45 AM »

Sky sports representing a good balance of the brutish public:)

Not even sure how many people have sky let alone sports. I left them a couple of years ago.

Tals

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »

I've been to London a number of times and work with Brits on a daily basis.  You very much ARE that way.  This is not a bad thing.

gellar
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 04, 2008, 03:58:56 PM

I've been to London a number of times and work with Brits on a daily basis.  You very much ARE that way.  This is not a bad thing.

gellar

Well i'm not sure where we're going with this but generally when someone is on the up they get loads of support and at the top they get lots kicking. I'll stick to my guns that as soon as Jenson started racing it was pretty clear that he wasn't going to do anything special. Likewise for Coultard. Even Hill didn't get that much kudos - I think as much for his generally unexciting driving style. Mansell got loads of kudos but more on the sheer effort he gave.

Senna and Mansell http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=87g8q7ZmXAs now I know why I used to watch F1 smile

Lewis could bring that back - that is how they used to race.....

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »

I'm looking forward to Alonso getting a good car at some point.  You have to assume Vettel and Kubica will also get good rides.  Alonso, Vettel, Kubica, Lewis, and Massa all in relatively competitive cars would be a dream season to watch.

They are all great drivers, though I'd have to give the edge to Alonso in terms of getting the most out of his car.  The guy won two races in THE FUCKING RENAULT this year.  That's amazing.  That car at the start of the season was an utter piece of shit and for him to put it in the winner's circle twice is nothing short of astonishing.

Gellar's Current Driver Rankings (100% PRECISE AND ACCURATE):
1)  Alonso
2)  Vettel
3)  Lewis
4)  Massa
5)  Kubica

gellar
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »

I tend to look at it more simply. Take the drivers how they ended up

1      Lewis Hamilton     British      McLaren-Mercedes     98
2    Felipe Massa    Brazilian    Ferrari    97
3    Kimi Räikkönen    Finnish    Ferrari    75
4    Robert Kubica    Polish    BMW Sauber    75
5    Fernando Alonso    Spanish    Renault    61
6    Nick Heidfeld    German    BMW Sauber    60
7    Heikki Kovalainen    Finnish    McLaren-Mercedes    53
8    Sebastian Vettel    German    STR-Ferrari    35
9    Jarno Trulli    Italian    Toyota    31
10    Timo Glock    German    Toyota    25
11    Mark Webber    Australian    Red Bull-Renault    21
12    Nelsinho Piquet    Brazilian    Renault    19

So Lewis came first and his team mate came 7th. So Lewis did well in the same car
Massa and Kimi are together so they could both be awesome but at the same time the car was obviously the best one.
Alonso also performed well against his team mate.
Vettel did very well his team mate only got 4 points

So for me i'd put it even stevens with Vettel , Alonso and Hamilton. All will push for a win so if we can have the 3 of them in competitive cars that will be awesome.

Be an interesting season as long as Ferrari don't try and ruin the party smile

Tals

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »

Yeah I'd say the differences between all five of the top drivers on my list is very slight.  They have different driving styles, but in reality they would all be very competitive with each other given similar cars.

gellar
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 07:03:53 PM »

Quote from: Byrns on November 03, 2008, 04:33:26 PM

Personally I cheer for anyone but Ferrari. slywink It's too much like cheering for the Yankees or Manchester United.

Oi!!!...GIT!! ...Red Devils forever icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_biggrin

having watched F1 for ..well i think since Senna died at least anyway,i love F1,but a lot of people i know hated it because Shuey was winning all the time,they said it was boring,but since he has retired now and Hamilton has come in,i think he has given F1 a breath of fresh air

its a shame Massa didnt win,but i suspect he will win one in the future,i am also sure that Hamilton will be a championship winner again,i didnt agree with Hamilton getting points stripped off him a few races ago,so i feel that he has deserved this...just a shame he keeeps getting abuse all the time,Brazilian crowd booed him,Spanish crowd dressed up as Black people and named themselves 'Hamiltons family'..and he certainly isnt getting any favous from the F1 stewards..so yeah well done Lewis

on the SKY sports forums here in the UK,everyone knows F1 as meaning Ferrari 1st,as in the stewards decisions

as for the same car Mclaren i personally think Kovalainen hasnt been as good as he should...but Ferrari are usually the dominant car...they won the drivers championship after all

Alonso,for some reason in the last 3 or 4 races came out of his shell,beginng and half way he was average,even though everyone knows he is a good driver

here in the UK next year it will be broadcast on BBC1,so no more commercials at vital points in the race(and something i want to watch on the BBC for once)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 05, 2008, 07:03:53 PM

Oi!!!...GIT!! ...Red Devils forever icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_biggrin

Come on Celtic! Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 05, 2008, 07:28:33 PM

Come on Celtic! Tongue

LOL,nearly....we grabbed an equaliser about 7 minutes from the end Tongue

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 05:20:15 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 05, 2008, 09:45:55 PM

Come on Celtic! Tongue

Yeah, disappointing to say the least. At least your guys managed to get one in. My team couldn't even manage that.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 06, 2008, 05:20:15 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 05, 2008, 09:45:55 PM

Come on Celtic! Tongue

Yeah, disappointing to say the least. At least your guys managed to get one in. My team couldn't even manage that.

Arsenal or Chelsea?

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 06:31:59 PM »

Arsenal. May the best side win this weekend. disgust
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 07:20:59 PM »

Quote from: Lee on November 06, 2008, 06:31:59 PM

Arsenal. May the best side win this weekend. disgust

oh yeah i forgot about that....big fights always happen in that game..should be good thumbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: