http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 03:53:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extreme Makeover Home Edition- biggest steaming pile of crap  (Read 1154 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2004, 02:53:46 AM »

Good God this show is a piece of shit.

I was forced to sit through this for about 30 minutes tonight while my wife was waiting for Desperate Housewives.  Gah!

If I see Ty running up and down the pavement with a megaphone or if I see one more closeup of a stunned family member with tears in their eyes I'm going to have to harm somebody.

What a manipulative show.  It's like it grabs you by the collar and screams in your face "CRY!  DAMMIT! CRY YOU HEARTLESS JERK!!!"

I feel like I need a shower now.  Actually a level or two of Max Payne should do the trick.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 03:34:18 AM »

Then watch Monster House.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
IHateMorrowind
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 04:41:31 AM »

What bugged me about tonight's show is that true, this guy just lost his wife, and he's trying to raise a gazillion kids...but he's a chiropractor, for God's sake--and in a pretty well to do area of California, I believe.  This guy couldn't have afforded the mortgage on another house?  

Some of the people they've helped have been clearcut needy.  This guy is a good man, and what happened to him and his kids is a tragedy...but there are needier folks out there.

*Stops channeling the Grinch*

"Life is good...but evil has more fun."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 04:46:02 PM »

I miss Extreme Makeover: Face Edition... much more entertaining, and far less manipulative.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 05:47:37 PM »

i've never watched the show myself, but the thing that bugs me with these types of shows are exactely what IHate mentioned.  don't get me wrong, these folks are going through horrible tragedies or misfortunes that i'm glad i don't have to experience.  however, it bothers me that someone more needier financially isn't getting the makeover.
for example, our local newspaper every Christmas does a special weekly article on a needy family and tells their story.  this week was a mexican family who are living in a single wide trailor without electricity (last night it got to 32 degrees here in Florida).  they have 4 kids; one being a 15 yr old with cancer and the father who is a plumber just got laid off.  now tell me this family doesn't need a home make over more than a chiropractor living in a well to do suburb in Cali.
the more i write the more i get pissed off so i'll leave it at that.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 11:13:48 PM »

The first season of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was much, much better than the second.  The difference?  In the first season, the design team actually did a lot of work.  I can only assume that the budget for the show was increased enough for the second season to completely absolve them from any responsibility at all -- every episode now seems so devoted to all the "wacky antics(TM)" of the design team that they've actually added a *second* series to show how the renovation work actually went.  Pfeh!

I've stopped wasting my time with this season.

-Autistic Angel
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 12:36:52 AM »

What bugs me about the show is the rooms they design for the kids. God help me if my son likes astronauts and they make a room that looks like Space. What happens when he starts to like music? Then what?

And let's not forget about Ty. Talk about a doofus. I watched him on their big "behind the scenes" special, and when he's not donning his TV persona, he's not bad. But the TV persona is so FALSE and GRATING that it drives me KRAZZZZZY!

"HiI'mTyPenningtonandwelcometoExtremeMakeover.......................... HomeEdition.Ontoday'sshowwe'regoingtomeettheXYZfamily.HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXYZFamily!

Where's the :rage: emoticon??

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: