http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 03:13:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exactly how innocent is someone who builds and sells bombs?!  (Read 1425 times)
jpinard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2004, 04:15:50 AM »

"He didn't mean any harm, he just did a stupid thing," West said. "Boys are all the time doing stupid things."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141244,00.html

Ok so let me get this straight...  This stupid 14 year old was bulding a string of pipe bombs and trying to sell them.  And since he was doing to for Christmas money makes it OK?!?!?!  Give me a break.  Both the kid and his brainless parents should be prosecuted.

Last I checked, bombs weren't mean to be "harmless".
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:01:21 AM »

This happened a few counties over from me.  Of course it's been all over the news.  It finally shoved the cake poisoning off the front page.

The first time I heard it he was supposedly "challenged" by a couple other boys to do it because they didn't think he could.  They were thinking about charging them as well (they searched their houses anyway), but I guess the story changed.

At least it happened at a private school this time. :?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:12:54 AM »

Cake poisoning?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 06:45:57 AM »

Quote from: "jpinard"
Cake poisoning?

Basically two middle school girls baked a cake with all kinds of household stuff in it and served it to classmates, making them sick.  The school happens to be where I did my student teaching in a couple years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/17/poisoned.cake.ap/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/18/poisoned.cake/index.html

jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:50:36 AM »

Holy crap that's terrible!  One extra side-effect and it could have easily killed one of those students.  How is it that our country is becoming so much stupider and moronic?  And of course the question begs - where are the parents?  The seonc article says that one of the parents is a part-time freelance writer for CNN.

Note:  What kind of school was it?  Middle-class, lower/upper?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 07:03:42 AM »

Quote from: "jpinard"
Note:  What kind of school was it?  Middle-class, lower/upper?

ECMS is in a nice area and has a diverse student population.

Here is the demographic write-up I did as part of my student teaching experience:
East Cobb Middle School is located in Marietta, Georgia.  This school has been labeled as one of the counties “at risk” schools.  

For the 2001-2002 school year there were 1,306 students enrolled in ECMS.  Of these, 661 were female and 645 were male.  The ethnic breakdown included 516 whites, 470 African-Americans, 123 Hispanics, 93 Asians, 2 American Indians, and 102 identified as multi-racial.  138, or 10.6%, of the students were identified as ESOL.

ECMS draws students from all income levels, though it does have a higher percentage of students receiving free or reduced price lunches (33.2%) than the county average (22%).

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 11:20:24 AM »

I must admit as a kid in high school I and a couple of friends of mine used to make explosives and napalm out of common chemicals from around the house. We never thought to sell them. Out bombs were for blowing up model boats or homemade forts or stray cats or something.(I was kidding about the stray cats)
Of course my childhood was in a simpler,friendlier time.

Ye Olde Farte
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 04:43:46 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
I must admit as a kid in high school I and a couple of friends of mine used to make explosives and napalm out of common chemicals from around the house. We never thought to sell them. Out bombs were for blowing up model boats or homemade forts or stray cats or something.(I was kidding about the stray cats)
Of course my childhood was in a simpler,friendlier time.

Ditto, but I grew up in rural North Dakota...so take that for what you want.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 05:50:52 PM »

Of course there was the incident with the missing offhore oil rig,but nothing was ever proven.

Ye Olde Farte
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 03:47:38 AM »

Yea, I think once you go from childhood curisouty of blowing your own stuff up (I would have done that too if I didn't fear the repurcussions at home so much),  to trying to sell for profit - bombs you start making on an assembly line in your basement...  well that breaks the whole innocent childhood thing.  What happened to overpriced crappy tasting candy bars?
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 05:14:05 PM »

Hey Stiffler, you from Marietta GA?  Thats where I grew up and still currently live.

morlac00 on PSN
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 11:52:56 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
Hey Stiffler, you from Marietta GA?  Thats where I grew up and still currently live.

I live in Roswell.  Howdy, neighbor!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: