http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:44:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Every year... parking... grrr...  (Read 5763 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »

Does your wife use her car much? If not, why not have her park on the street and you can park your car on the driveway.  Or perhaps by a couple of orange pylons and put them out in front of your lot while your car is away-that may be enough of a deterent for someone looking for a place to park.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2010, 03:37:48 AM »

Both vehicles get used a lot.  And orange pylons?  Heh... I'm not going to be that guy...
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:29 AM »

Wow... he left a note on my car tonight that said 'Please STOP parking here.'  In front of my own house.

So basically I'm dealing with a huge douchebag who's going to make this simple thing into a big stupid deal.  Why is it so hard for people to be decent?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 03:54:07 AM »

wow some nerve.  Time to take it to the next level.  Vandalism Tongue
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:58 AM »

Quote from: kratz on November 01, 2010, 03:48:29 AM

Wow... he left a note on my car tonight that said 'Please STOP parking here.'  In front of my own house.

So basically I'm dealing with a huge douchebag who's going to make this simple thing into a big stupid deal.  Why is it so hard for people to be decent?

Cops time, yo.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

I forget whether or not you actually tried talking to him, but if you haven't, perhaps you should.  Obviously he doesn't know your car belongs to the person who lives in the house.  If you did talk to him, talk to him again.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

its a parking spot. Beat that horse!

The only guaranteed things in life are: death and taxes.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 01, 2010, 02:07:19 PM

I forget whether or not you actually tried talking to him, but if you haven't, perhaps you should.  Obviously he doesn't know your car belongs to the person who lives in the house.  If you did talk to him, talk to him again.

Oh, he definitely knows.  I saw him do it and he looked right at me... (this is the first time I've actually seen the guy) I wanted to chase him down and talk to him but I couldn't just run off and leave a 3 year old alone in the house.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »

Nuke the truck from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 02:38:03 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 01, 2010, 02:26:48 PM

Oh, he definitely knows.  I saw him do it and he looked right at me... (this is the first time I've actually seen the guy) I wanted to chase him down and talk to him but I couldn't just run off and leave a 3 year old alone in the house.

I would still go for verbal confirmation. Sometimes people are just dense and don't associate what, to you, would be immediately obvious. Even if you were standing in your doorway looking at him as he parked and got out of the car. Or he would just be passive aggressive about it and figure its fine to do so as long as he knows he won't get confronted.

At the very least, it will force your fellow forum goers something else to suggest AFTER you try the one-on-one talking and it doesn't work.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 01, 2010, 02:38:03 PM

Quote from: kratz on November 01, 2010, 02:26:48 PM

I would still go for verbal confirmation. Sometimes people are just dense and don't associate what, to you, would be immediately obvious. Even if you were standing in your doorway looking at him as he parked and got out of the car. Or he would just be passive aggressive about it and figure its fine to do so as long as he knows he won't get confronted.

At the very least, it will force your fellow forum goers something else to suggest AFTER you try the one-on-one talking and it doesn't work.

I agree.  He could have thought you were visitng the people in the house.  He could also just be a complete dick.  You won't know for sure until you talk to him.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »

Yeah, now that I know who he is, I plan to talk to him.  Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but... yeah.  Would've last night if I hadn't been the only parent home.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 01, 2010, 02:52:35 PM

Yeah, now that I know who he is, I plan to talk to him.  Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but... yeah.  Would've last night if I hadn't been the only parent home.

The conversation would be a lot more effective if you still had the viking beard.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 01, 2010, 02:52:35 PM

Show him the copy of the city code that says his vehicle can be towed (that was this thread, right?).  Though if someone put a note like that on my car in front of my own house, I'd likely also go ahead and call the cops and have them make a visit to inject some reality into the situation and head off any thoughts your idiot neighbors may have of escalating thngs by doing something to your car.  I'd make sure to mention the trash in your yard as well.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »

He said please.......
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 08:02:05 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on November 01, 2010, 04:43:54 PM

He said please.......

But he YELLED stop...
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »

Kratz, think very, very carefully on what your next step will be. We just had a big case in Baltimore where an off-duty cop was killed on his birthday over a parking lot in a cramped posh Baltimore neighborhood. The killer was an irate 25-year old who hit the off-duty cop once in the head with a fist-sized rock.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:45:45 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on November 02, 2010, 08:41:52 PM

Kratz, think very, very carefully on what your next step will be. We just had a big case in Baltimore where an off-duty cop was killed on his birthday over a parking lot in a cramped posh Baltimore neighborhood. The killer was an irate 25-year old who hit the off-duty cop once in the head with a fist-sized rock.

What crack police training! Rocks are tough to see coming, being so small and fast. I guess he wasn't SWAT. Yeah, I'm insensitive.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2010, 12:22:58 AM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on November 02, 2010, 10:37:16 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on November 02, 2010, 08:41:52 PM

What crack police training! Rocks are tough to see coming, being so small and fast. I guess he wasn't SWAT. Yeah, I'm insensitive.

Especially when u get hit in the back of the head and never see it coming.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

Insensitive isn't the word I would use.  There's got to be some better way to describe someone who makes fun of a police officer being murdered.  No, I guess you're right.  You're just "insensitive."   finger
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »

Uh oh  No reply from Kratz.  Perhaps he is resting comfortably in a shallow unmarked grave?

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »

I smell thread locking....

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »

Quote from: Roman on November 03, 2010, 01:40:31 PM

I smell thread locking....

yeah, you're right. I'll edit.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

The thought that the guy could be irrationally violent has in fact crossed my mind... I can't say I'm particularly concerned about myself personally, but I do have a wife, a kid, and dog that is in the back yard all day...
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 03, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

The thought that the guy could be irrationally violent has in fact crossed my mind... I can't say I'm particularly concerned about myself personally, but I do have a wife, a kid, and dog that is in the back yard all day...

The only realistic way to solve this dispute is through the local karate tournament.  Winner take all. 

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »

What if he sweeps the leg?
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on November 03, 2010, 04:16:14 PM

Quote from: kratz on November 03, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

The only realistic way to solve this dispute is through the local karate tournament.  Winner take all. 

You're the best!  Around!  Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 03, 2010, 05:49:10 PM

What if he sweeps the leg?

You got a problem with that?

(it had to be done)

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »

Just hire gellar to take the guy out with his natural ninja talents.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »

gellar couldn't take out chinese food.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 03, 2010, 09:36:25 PM

oh, snap!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:15 AM »

Why would I?  Delivery exists for a reason.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:13 AM »

Quote from: gellar on November 04, 2010, 12:13:15 AM

Why would I?  Delivery exists for a reason.

icon_lol

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »

Wow, ok, he's officially an asshole... came home from a nice day out with my folks, wife, and kid, and he had left FOUR notes on my car...

I immediately went over there, pretty much shaking with anger... he wasn't home, but I talked to his roommate and left a copy of the law.  Please let this be the end of it... ugh. Sucks to be on edge in your own house all the time.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2010, 02:13:08 AM »

Is it a private college, or state? Because I went to a private college, which had an ethical code of conduct, which this guy seems to be tiptoing outside of currently. Maybe there's an avenue to put pressure on him that way. And if there is a trend of rotating college students with the same problems in the same neighborhood, I'm sure they'd have a few words of encouragement to avoid hearing from you every semester.

This may be a non-starter, but worth a shot. Good luck.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2010, 02:17:35 AM »

He still has not actually talked to the guy, though the roommate is a good start. Hopefully word will get passed. However, sitting all this time, being mad, expecting him to know that your car is yours and that it belongs to someone who lives there probably wasn't very healthy for you. You've at at least told somone now, though, so assuming that the roommate passes the messagr on, the issue should hopefully be resolved, though if the roommate doesn't, then you still need to talk to him.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2010, 04:30:02 AM »

man, that's grade A asshole right there.  what kind of clown leaves 4 notes on another person's car?  he obviously gets that this is a public spot (it's not of course, but he believes it) which means he has no more right to the spot than anyone else, according to his own beliefs. 

that he doesn't get that it's not a public spot is another matter, and one that i would pursue with higher authorities.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:18 AM »

now he's just trying to annoy and harrass you until you move.  This guy is clearly an asshole.    That or tiktokman is pranking your ass Tongue
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2010, 04:49:08 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 07, 2010, 04:30:02 AM

man, that's grade A asshole right there.  what kind of clown leaves 4 notes on another person's car?  he obviously gets that this is a public spot (it's not of course, but he believes it) which means he has no more right to the spot than anyone else, according to his own beliefs. 

that he doesn't get that it's not a public spot is another matter, and one that i would pursue with higher authorities.
He is clearly fucking with Kratz because of his first note. It's sarcasm.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: