http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:22:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever Think You Can't Sleep For A Reason, but  (Read 1478 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 06:14:16 AM »

it turns out you just can't sleep.

Thought maybe I'd been unable to fall asleep because I needed to get online, see a friend in dire need of advice and have some kind of meaningful impact.

No one's on.  Turns out I just can't sleep.

Bummer.   frown
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:15:48 AM »

Oh and my 5:15 wake up time is coming all too quickly... frown frown frown
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:20:26 AM »

No, with me I know the reason I can't sleep- I don't wanna.  The funny thing is once I do fall asleep, I love it.  It's just that I won't willingly start the process until I absolutely have to.  

I don't think I've ever wanted to go to sleep and wasn't able to.  But that's easy to say when you're a person who doesn't want to sleep...and oddly enough, I usually have no particular reason to want to stay up.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:38:41 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
No, with me I know the reason I can't sleep- I don't wanna.  The funny thing is once I do fall asleep, I love it.  It's just that I won't willingly start the process until I absolutely have to.  

I don't think I've ever wanted to go to sleep and wasn't able to.  But that's easy to say when you're a person who doesn't want to sleep...and oddly enough, I usually have no particular reason to want to stay up.

Me too!

Last night I fought it and fell asleep with the Jade Empire & Splinter Cell manuals on my chest.  Woke up to find them on the floor and very thankful that I did not bend or crease them in any way. smile

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 04:52:15 PM »

Ack, I've had insomnia for the past couple weeks.  I'm seriously hammered at work and getting backlogged on my primary projects.  I can't stop thinking about them and my mind feels like it's going 100mph all the time.  I've had to resort to taking Tylenol PM to get any sort of sleep.  Luckily I was able to fall asleep on my own last night so I'm hoping that it's over now.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 06:31:36 PM »

If thinking too much is keeping you awake try reading a good book or maybe watching a good TV show or something.You need something to get your mind off of thinking about your problems.
I find in my olde age I just like to get up in the middle of the night for an hour or two and give my old bones a break as staying in bed for 6-8 hours straight leaves me pretty sore in the morning.

Ye Olde Farte
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:03:29 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"

That is my weekend!  Up all night, sleep all day (RAWK!).  I always have a lot to do (um, a lot of time to waste) and since I don't really have to worry about doing anything the next day I just stay up until I am about to pass out.  I love sleep, but I'm in no hurry to get there.

As for dbt1949's idea, I agree for the most part, but sometimes I find a really good book that I can't put down or a television show that I MUST watch.  I honestly tried watching BookTV on C-SPAN2 and I was riveted!  Who knew?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 10:18:32 PM »

I'm on week 5 without a day off so I feel like I have very little downtime myself so I find myself staying up as late as I can before dragging myself to bed. Usually decide to go to bed when I find myself holding down the move forward key and my WoW character running in place against a rock or tree while I dozed off smile

unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:23:16 PM »

Any recommendations on actually falling asleep?  I think Ive done a pretty good job of getting rid of my stress, but sleeping during the night still eludes me.

I dont have any more sleeping pills, but the sleep I got from them felt more liked drugged sleep (which is essentially was), and wasnt very restful.  Has anybody had good luck with something over the counter, and preferable natural?
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 10:59:43 PM »

Try this. Seriously. PM me for more details.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:38 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Any recommendations on actually falling asleep?  I think Ive done a pretty good job of getting rid of my stress, but sleeping during the night still eludes me.

I dont have any more sleeping pills, but the sleep I got from them felt more liked drugged sleep (which is essentially was), and wasnt very restful.  Has anybody had good luck with something over the counter, and preferable natural?

Have you ever tried Tylenol PM? IMO, they're different than normal sleeping pills, and for me at least, don't make feel drugged or messed up in the morning. I take exactly one about an hour before bed every night. I always sleep good. The bottle says take two, but if do that, i want to keep sleeping for half the next day, but it feels gooooood.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 08:14:24 AM »

The "sleeping" ingredient in Tylonal PM is an anti-hystimine. So taking a cold medicene that has an anti-hystimine in it will probably do the same thing.

Ye Olde Farte
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »

I'll see, but allergy medicines generally mess me up too, so dbt's statement causes me some worry.  But, there is one vote from a user, so that is worth something.
Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 05:14:07 AM »

I use alchohol to sleep smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 09:56:38 AM »