http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 10:10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Establishing New Gone Gold forums  (Read 6802 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2004, 06:22:15 PM »

Knightshade - sounds excellent, I guess I better stick around  biggrin

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2004, 11:10:15 PM »

Don't forget the trader's forum!

Though, I still think spinning that off into it's on separate web site would be best, if CG wants to tackle that monster, I think they've earned that right.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2004, 11:24:02 PM »

Quote from: "Raven"
Don't forget the trader's forum!

Though, I still think spinning that off into it's on separate web site would be best, if CG wants to tackle that monster, I think they've earned that right.

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

smile
GoblinToe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2004, 11:29:54 PM »

I'm kinda groovin on the CG forum color scheme.  This is all theme based, so we can choose between different styles if you do setup the black and gold also, right?

I think I'll give this blue/white color a try for awhile.
St_Dysan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2004, 11:41:08 PM »

I need a HUG!!!....anyway these guys have been great at letting us crash on their floor...but I'm pretty sure they are willing to add another room to the house for us....GG had been in a downward spiral for several years..except for the forums..Rich had been having many problems...I think Bill knew a little more than he let on...and I think Rich had no choice but to let it go...I hope it's not true..but letes assume it is...God bless Rich for the years and the fact that he brought us all together...these guys are willing to accept us into their midst (God help them) so ....here's to my new homepage....Thanks CG for the warmth and understanding our community deserves....

The Saint
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2004, 12:18:12 AM »

Quote from: "GoblinToe"
I'm kinda groovin on the CG forum color scheme.  This is all theme based, so we can choose between different styles if you do setup the black and gold also, right?

Yup. Buried inside your Profile (link up on the very top of the page), you can change the color scheme/style of the forum. Test out the two (well, one other, anyway) we have now if you're curious.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2004, 12:34:12 AM »

I think the trade forum is great, but you have three challenges.

1. importing the good trader list
2. importing the bad trader list (even more important)
3. matching up gg names with cg names

But Rome wasn't built in a day, and I am blown away by how much progress has been done so quickly.
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2004, 02:02:11 PM »

Knightshade Dragon, as a long time resident of Gone Gold and its forums I would like to thank you for being so accomodating to us refugees.  It sounds like you intend to make this a permanent home for us if GG has truly passed on. Thanks for taking us in.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

Quote from: "Raven"
It wouldn't bother me to see R+P flushed, but I'll not press the point, as so many people seem to want it back. I agree with you. Looking back on it, people are set in their ways. R+P seemed to become a game of trying to raise the other sides blood pressure. I really don't see the point, any longer, but more power to those that enjoy it.
I am in the pro-R&P camp. That's where I spent 90% of my time. Why? Because that's where all the serious, intelligent discussion ended up. Yes, there was a lot of noisy partisan politicking, but you know what? I just didn't click those threads. Bush or Kerry, who cares? Next! Problem solved. And once the election is finally over, all that witnessing nonsense will die back down again anyway. The liberals and Dems will lick their wounds for a few weeks, then go back to sniping from the underbrush for the next four years.  :wink:

My biggest gripe was that serious discussion was largely impossible in the EBG forum, and you had to wade through scores of threads about celebrity cheesecake, personal consumer goods, sports and pop culture to find anything interesting.

My hunch says that we are going to need a separate forum for serious topics, whether you call it Religion & Politics or something else. However, I am reserving judgment on this site, having just got here. For now I'm happy to lay low and see how it shapes up. Eventually, though, I'm going to need heated arguments about the origin, history and future of civilization!  Cool

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2004, 02:46:08 PM »

I think that there should  be a Politics/Religion forum. Nobody is forced to go there, and it would be a shame if all of the political discussion that was so much a part of Gone Gold was to disappear. Personally my politics tend to agree with Bill Hicks, Handpuppet one and two, but there was some interesting threads there. So many Gone Golders are political animals, and it would be a shame to lose that. And some of the blind partisan on both sides did make me laugh. And with the election and 3rd debate, there is a lot to discuss.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2004, 03:02:26 PM »

I think the problem, as stated before, with an R&P forum is moderating it.  KD seems to run a pretty tight ship around here (thankfully) and the R&P crew (myself included for the little bit I showed up there) gets rowdy.  It makes moderating the forums more work.
dfs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2004, 03:03:28 PM »

Couple of thoughts....

Raven ...going back to the old USENET divisions doesn't appeal to me. Mix the genres in a single PC games forum.

I would very much like to see the Religion part of Religion and Politics folded back into ebg or off topic or whatever. At one time there were some interesting and mature exploratory religion threads in EBG. When the R&P partition came, those threads vanished. Religion was clearly off topic in EBG, but when those threads started in the more strident R&P forum only those with polarized opinions read and responded to them.

Lastly....wtf? It's tough to imagine any justification for just yanking the plug on those forums.  I guess there would be no easy way to end something that had taken on such a life of it's own, but there was no shortage of volunteers willing to take over that site.  Identity and ego are funny things.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2004, 03:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "GoblinToe"

I think I'll give this blue/white color a try for awhile.

I'm liking it because it looks more like an Oracle Metalink forum and therefore, when a boss walks by, it appears I'm actually checking official work business stuff.  :wink:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: