http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 07:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EPL 13/14 - OO continuation Thread  (Read 5430 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »

Just sat down to watch the match and Rooney is starting..  This should be interesting

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »

Nice on Rooney starting. Kind of surprised by Mourinho not starting Torres. If he can get to the form he was in late last season, Chelsea will be in good shape. Really surprised by Mata not starting again. He was one of the keys to the team down the stretch last year. Hard to argue with a successful manager, though. Dang, a heavyweight match this early in the season? I like it. Hope the game lives up to the energy/hype.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »

Quote from: McBa1n on August 26, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

Nice on Rooney starting. Kind of surprised by Mourinho not starting Torres. If he can get to the form he was in late last season, Chelsea will be in good shape. Really surprised by Mata not starting again. He was one of the keys to the team down the stretch last year. Hard to argue with a successful manager, though. Dang, a heavyweight match this early in the season? I like it. Hope the game lives up to the energy/hype.

Mata is rumored to being sold but I guess that hinges on Rooney being sold to Chelsea which would be stupid

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »

not very many decent shots on target by either team,seems pretty level pegging in all aspects at the moment

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »

Very good defense both ways. Not much space for players to work with offensively. It's going to take one amazing play to get on the board. United isn't even playing all that well and they look the better side. Chelsea is in need of some spark from the bench if they want to have a chance.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 26, 2013, 07:04:52 PM

Quote from: McBa1n on August 26, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

Mata is rumored to being sold but I guess that hinges on Rooney being sold to Chelsea which would be stupid

Ahh, didn't hear about the Mata rumor. I don't get either player moving, but I'm just a stupid fan. Rooney would be nuts to leave United (or them to let him go). Chelsea has a lot of players they need to sort out then (Torres, Ba, Luiz, Mata). Way too much talent on the bench being inactive. To be fair, Chelsea was way more interesting to watch last season. Much better tempo.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »

Both goalies weren't really pressed,but i guess it could have been worse

John Terry just got Man of the Match

McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »

Credit to the D today. Fun game to watch. Looked like someone might bang one home in the 2nd half, but it just didn't happen.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 26, 2013, 06:21:07 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 26, 2013, 05:56:14 PM

Real Madrid spending 100 Mill for Bale is just crazy stupid, but that club has the money to burn. Bale is certainly looking to be an incredible player, but he's no Messi, imo

Agreed on all points in that comment,as much as i loved Ronaldo,i still thought Real spending 80mil was too much for anybody(but i wasn't complaining as the money was coming in for Utd,I was just complaining for losing Ronaldo)

There is a rumour now that a second club has entered the race for Bale..but who knows what's the truth,at this time of the footy year,rumours are all over the place

Sky Sports

Aww what the flying shit is this????

Bale Man Utd Bound for 125mil

I wouldn't even pay 50 mil for monkey boy,let alone a dumbass 125mil...I hope this turns out to be bollocks

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »

That's just crazy, but if I was Tottenham  I would let him go for that in a heartbeat even to a league rival...   BUT this might be a precursor to Rooney being sold

125 mil for Bale...   Isn't Man U. close to the FIFA luxury tax? 

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 08:55:48 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 27, 2013, 08:48:41 AM

That's just crazy, but if I was Tottenham  I would let him go for that in a heartbeat even to a league rival...   BUT this might be a precursor to Rooney being sold

125 mil for Bale...   Isn't Man U. close to the FIFA luxury tax?  

has that been implemented yet?,i know they were discussing it earlier this year that rich clubs should pay(I wouldn't mind we are still 300-400mil in the hole)

newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2013, 03:35:10 PM »

I would LOVE to see Bale stay in the Premiere League. So if he is headed to Man UTd. thats frigging awesome. I'd hate to see him move out to  Spanish league.

That might be more in hope than anything else but it could happen, because by all accounts Real Madrid have not got all the money to put down for Gareth Bale and by all accounts they owe money [to Spurs] for Luka Modric.

If thats a real hang up, then Bale might not be heading to Madrid. Wish would amuse me to no end!
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »

Great win by the gunners to move to the group stage of the cl for the 16th straight time!  Bring on the North London derby, though I hate we took some injuries today...
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »

In other news, I will Eat my hat if Bale doesn't end up at Madrid.  I hope he does, because that means Di Maria / Ozil / Benzema (any or all would be great)  to Arsenal is more likely.
newcastle

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:44 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 27, 2013, 09:25:37 PM

In other news, I will Eat my hat if Bale doesn't end up at Madrid.  I hope he does, because that means Di Maria / Ozil / Benzema (any or all would be great)  to Arsenal is more likely.

Absolutely that could help promote that movement of personnel. But from what I read from teh various transfer columns its basically one to two of three and not all three. Those funds would help defray the Bale purchase and help fund the purchasing of Suarez from Liverpool -> Madrid. But also the transfer gossip is saying that the Suarez move has to come first before any of those Real Madrid players are moved to the Gunners.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

Quote from: newcastle on August 27, 2013, 11:36:44 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 27, 2013, 09:25:37 PM

Absolutely that could help promote that movement of personnel. But from what I read from teh various transfer columns its basically one to two of three and not all three. Those funds would help defray the Bale purchase and help fund the purchasing of Suarez from Liverpool -> Madrid. But also the transfer gossip is saying that the Suarez move has to come first before any of those Real Madrid players are moved to the Gunners.

Agree, should be interesting. 

I do think Bale to RM is a done deal though.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »

yeah they say its done,Bale has fallen out with Spurs altogether now,won't train at all,and manager is thinking of fining him

hearing rumours that United have had their 20million bid accepted from Everton for Fellaini

not too chuffed about that

McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2013, 01:36:25 AM »

Ugh, Fellaini would be depressing on United. No point, other than supporting Timmy Howard, to watch Everton if they deal Baines and Fellaini. I wonder how crazy it will get after the games this weekend with transfers. Some rumors have been nuts (especially the Arsenal raiding Real Madrid one).
Looking forward to tomorrow's games. Should be another fun weekend woohoo. 4 am wakeup call again GO!
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2013, 01:47:47 AM »

Liverpool v Man U and Arsenal v Tottenham should be some amazing games. Sunday will be great.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2013, 01:56:07 AM »

Chelsea don't play this weekend with them playing for the Super Cup tonight/last night(they lost on penalties ..again,heh heh),which is why they played middle of the week a week or two ago,so after this week everyone should be back on level games played

yeah the two derby's on Sunday should be good(North West Derby and North London Derby)...both Liverpool and United hate each other as do Arsenal and Spurs

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »

As we're getting close to the end of the window (finally), I have to say I'm pretty pleased with Liverpool's moves. Bringing in Mignolet, Aspas, Alberto, Cissoko, Toure, and potentially Sakho, Iilori, and Moses/Yarmelenko while hanging on to Suarez is some pretty darn good business. They also offloaded a bunch of players who didn't fit the team anymore (Downing, Reina, Shelvey, Spearing, Carroll, etc...). Not sure if they'll be able to reach 4th, it will largely depend on what Arsenal do in the next day or two and if Tottenham can actually blend their 8 million new players into a team, but I think they'll be in the mix all the way until the end. I also expect them to compete heavily for the FA and Capital One Cups.

On an aside, I wonder what Spurs situation will be if Real Madrid decide to all of a sudden hold them over a barrell w/ regard to Bale now that Spurs have gone out and spent over $100 million on the expectation that they'll get at least $80 million for him. It will definitely be an interesting last couple of days.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:08:43 AM by godhugh » Logged
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »

Looking forward to City rebounding after a disappointing match against Cardiff City.  Hoping City can still land iker Casillas

NiM$
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2013, 11:53:12 AM »

Oh man! City already dodging bullets. Phew, lucky Aluko shot that wide.

edit: WOW! Tons of chances and the game just got going.

edit: Heckuva game. City got it going at the right time.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:37:33 PM by McBa1n » Logged
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

Quote from: McBa1n on August 31, 2013, 11:53:12 AM

Oh man! City already dodging bullets. Phew, lucky Aluko shot that wide.

edit: WOW! Tons of chances and the game just got going.

edit: Heckuva game. City got it going at the right time.

Hull should be very proud of this match, but they need to start earning some points if they expect to stay up

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »

You have to be impressed with Cardiff Defense

NiM$
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

No doubt about Hull City. They've played decently thus far. Backbreaking goal, though, for City - and then Toure to finish them off - dang. What a shot. Good on City getting it going there.

Man, Everton needs some quality in their finishing and ASAP. They're really struggling offensively. Something just seems 'off' with their attack from last year. Really impressed with the play Cardiff has put forth 2 weeks in a row. Granted they were at home, but still, for a team expected to do nothing, they've played pretty damn well.

Drag to hear Altidore has a hamstring issue and didn't play today. That probably kills his ability to play in the US qualifiers coming up. GRRR. We need um and he's been on fire for the national side!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 09:38:23 AM »

Gutted

Rooney looks to be out of the Liverpool match due to training session head injury

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8900783/wayne-rooney-blow-rocks-manchester-united-ahead-of-anfield-clash

Manchester United have suffered a blow ahead of today's clash with Liverpool with the news that Wayne Rooney is expected to miss the Sky Live showdown.

Rooney required stitches to a head injury sustained during a training session on Saturday afternoon.

The striker, who has just returned to the side following a failed transfer bid from Chelsea, sustained the injury during an accidental collision with a team-mate.

The 27-year-old left the Carrington base with his head in bandages and is now also a doubt for England's World Cup qualifier double-header.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »

game is living up to the billing

NiM$
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 01, 2013, 01:05:38 PM

game is living up to the billing

Heck yeah. Good on Gerrard sneaking in a bump on Van Persie at the end of the half there. Heh, hard to complain about a half like that, exciting. Very intense and dang, Sturridge keeps getting it done woohoo. Pretty nervous about the 2nd half.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »

YES!!! No idea how Liverpool hung on there in the 2nd half. Seemed like a United goal was coming at any moment. Damn that was a stressful half. I can't believe it. Yeah baby!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »

not seen United play so terribly for a long time,made a lot of players stick out that we need to boot....Tom Cleverley for one,jeesus he had a nightmare of a game

5 minutes to go and Rio Ferdinand thinks its time to play 1-2 with our keeper and screws it right up,friggin terrible performance

Obviously David Moyes saw a different match to me
David Moyes felt there were enough positives in Manchester United's performance against Liverpool for him not to be too worried if they fail to make any signings on deadline day

Sky Sports

kalgorath
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »

My expectations of Moyes hasn't changed. I am thinking a top 4 finish for him should be considered a success this season. Hopefully we will get at least Fellaini in to toughen up the midfield.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 10:51:23 AM »

7Sporf ‏@7_Sporf 2h
Gareth Bale now earns a dollar a second. If he dropped a dollar it would literally not be worth his time to bend down and pick it up. #bale

The game is not out yet,and look its already got an outdated cover icon_wink

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

Bale is not a game changer yet.  He's an impressive talent to be sure, but not a game changer.  Incredible amount of money for a player that only had one good season.  W

NiM$
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »

Strange market when a player with 1 stunning season commands that sort of coin. I hope he does well. Bale was really fun to watch with Spurs last season. He scored some goals that made Deadspin use a headline: "Bale scores basically when he wants to". Be interesting to see what moves Madrid make today. That midfield is friggin loaded. Crazy when you have players like Modric and Di Maria not in your starting 11. I read some interesting rumors - but we'll see what happens. There's mumblings of Liverpool looking to add some depth, which would be great. Be nice to upgrade quality in the midfield a bit and possibly a central defender (not sure how long Toure will be out). I'm not certain they are good enough for the 'top 4' with what they have over a long season, but I'm certainly happy as can be with being top of the table and Suarez back in a few weeks (assuming they don't move him today - fingers crossed).
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »

Sakho, Iilori, and Moses all confirmed for Liverpool. Great bit of business there. Wouldn't mind them grabbing another attacking player, but I'm not holding my breath.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on September 02, 2013, 01:27:02 PM

Sakho, Iilori, and Moses all confirmed for Liverpool. Great bit of business there. Wouldn't mind them grabbing another attacking player, but I'm not holding my breath.

Woot! I don't know the other 2, but I know Moses alright from watching him at Chelsea. I really like the energy he brings and his ability to press the attack. Even if Moses is just on loan, it's a welcome addition. I'm pretty happy overall. I just hope the boys keep putting forth a strong effort and stay up on the table.
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

I was questioning the reasoning behind featuring the Crystal Palace/Sunderland match on TV, but easily was the best match of the weekend. I want to go to Selhurst Park now. That place just looked insane from the pre-match through the very end. I hope they can stay up.

And Rebecca Lowe is a Crystal Palace supporter.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:11:52 PM by mori » Logged
Magic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »

Quote from: mori on September 02, 2013, 10:59:07 PM

I was questioning the reasoning behind featuring the Crystal Palace/Sunderland match on TV, but easily was the best match of the weekend. I want to go to Selhurst Park now. That place just looked insane from the pre-match through the very end. I hope they can stay up.

And Rebecca Lowe is a Crystal Palace supporter.

The atmosphere is like that at many of the grounds. I've seen England play at Old Trafford. I've been in the away end with hardcore traveling Newcastle fans at Maine Road before Man City got rich, in a thrilling 3-3 draw. St James' Park several times before its renovation into the monstrously lopsided arrangement today.

Hell, back when Oldham Athletic were in the Premiership, I used to live about a mile away from Boundary Park for a while. I still remember hearing the chants and songs. At the time, I went to school and was friends with one of Andy Ritchie's children and we went several times to go watch him play. The atmosphere just about anywhere is incredible.

If you ever end up in the UK, try and get to ANY matches you can. most of them make American sports crowds look tame. Playoff hockey is the closest think I've experienced over here.
kalgorath
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

I am curious about Arsenal's signing of Ozil. That midfield looks pretty good even without Ozil, I thought they needed more depth in attack. Elsewhere, I'm glad Man Utd signed Fellaini, but could have done better with the other targets. So far, this looks like it's going to be a very interesting season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: