http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 03:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enterprise  (Read 1166 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2004, 03:39:31 PM »

I just watched both episodes of Storm Front after saving them for a while to watch together. Others may not like the show all that well but Im loving it. I missed it when it was on break and Im very glad its back. This season looks to only get better since the temporeal war plotline is over. Poor Sulik  biggrin  .

I also just found this out....Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens are now staff writers on Star Trek: Enterprise! Awsome news! Should really help out with the story lines a lot. I hope the show gets a full 7 years or so run. I enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 07:11:26 PM »

Yeah, now that they've got the TCW out of the way, I think it will leave room for better stories. "Home" was pretty good in terms of Star Trek.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 02:39:50 PM »

I have really enjoyed the last two years of Enterprise and the opening story arc of this year was really good IMO. It looks like next weeks episode is really going to set the pace for the rest of the season.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:48 PM »

A three parter with Brent Spiner - sounds intriguing!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »

ARISE..

MY GOD!...Has it been since 2004?!!???? Sad. frown

I heard the song Wherever You Will Go by The Calling today at the mall and it got me to thinking of Star Trek Enterprise. Tonight after getting home I started looking up the song, the intro to the show, and a lot of stuff. I always loved the intro and the show itself even though I read a lot of others didn't. I guess that bore out in the cancellation of it. Kinda on a sad old past times trip tonight.

While surfing the web for Enterprise I started reading about episodes I didn't remember watching. Then on TV.com I started a full ep and realized I'd never seen it either. Now I have no idea how many episodes I missed or why I missed them. I also guess I need to watch them some how. Dang. The one I was watching was called Dawn but I set it aside till I can figure out just what I missed. Would like to watch them in order.

Anyways I still miss the show. I thought it was great. I also cannot believe I last posted this in 2004! Dang man.  icon_cry

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 25, 2004, 02:39:50 PM

I have really enjoyed the last two years of Enterprise and the opening story arc of this year was really good IMO. It looks like next weeks episode is really going to set the pace for the rest of the season.
I need to rent the series sometime.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »

Aside from a horrible series finale, the fourth season of Enterprise was some of the best Star Trek ever released.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:57:58 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on January 04, 2011, 03:37:35 PM

Aside from a horrible series finale, the fourth season of Enterprise was some of the best Star Trek ever released.

Yeah I think if you aren't a huge star trek fan who is all caught up in the continuity, then you could really enjoy Enterprise. I loved the series, it really did have a space exploration feel to it, with a real sense of danger. These early space travelers were constantly outgunned and outmatched technology wise. It made for some compelling episodes. BUT those who care about the overall star trek story hated it because it muffed up the time line a lot.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »

I enjoyed the series for the most part and loved the cast.  Still I just will never get the whole "prequel" fascination, particularly when it comes to sci-fi.  Yes I know the whole "it's the journey not the destination" theory, but for me sci-fi (and fantasy for the most part) is more interesting when I don't know what's around the corner, whether the corner is a minute away, or 100 years in the future.  I never got into the prequel Star Wars movies for the same reason, and some games I've had the same problem with.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 02:48:47 AM »

I recall thinking the premier was absolutely terrific, but the show quickly devolved into "Voyager the Prequel". As such, I turned it off and never looked back. DS9 FTW.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »

There are some who believe that the better stories in the final season are the direct result of Brannon Braga going off to do Threshold and taking his hands off the franchise. 

I'm one of them. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: