http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 08:49:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enterprise, 10-8  (Read 1538 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:11:35 PM »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the season premier of Enterprise. I finally got around to watching it and I must admit that I was pleasently surprised by the 1st episode.

Sure this season deals with the whole time travel thing that tends to make ST a mess, but at least they are dealing with an alternate past.

The Episode actually had me rooting for Archer which is something I haven't done in a while. I figure that they will find their way back home by mid season, and if they want to save the season then they had better do so. The addition of alien nazi's doesn't hurt either.

Any other thoughts?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 04:13:21 PM »

I think I'll miss the decon chamber  :lol:
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:19:06 PM »

I'll tell you why I haven't talked about it.  BECAUSE ITS ON FRIDAY Tongue
And I can't watch it on Fridays.  Because I'm never home...  ANd I can't watch it SUNDAY because its FOOTBALL season.  So...  Unless someone TIVOS the entire season for me (except after football season) I cant watch it until released on DVD.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:29:58 PM »

I'll tell you why I haven't talked about it. BECAUSE ITS ON FRIDAY

Tivo is your friend. Or if you have to get really draconian a VCR is your friend.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 04:32:29 PM »

Almost forgot.

I never imagined that I would see Bobby from the Soprano's in a ST episode. Of course what was his character? A mobster of course.

ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 04:34:19 PM »

Anybody see the parallels between the season opener and First Contact?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 08:34:27 PM »

We have 100s of channels here but none of them carry UPN...so I never get to see Enterprise unless I find it for download. Anyways this will all wrap up in a couple episodes and things will get back to normal with Enterprise patroling normal area space.

http://www.tvtome.com/Enterprise/eplist.html

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Darrell999
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 01:37:01 AM »

Old time Trekkie here--I think that Enterprise has generally been fairly entertaining, but it rarely took advantage of its unique prequel status--too many times, it was just another story happening to another crew--and unfortunately, many of those stories have been told better in some of the earlier shows--change a few names, and you've got the same basic story.  There were some notable exceptions--I thought the episodes with the Andorians (the blue guys with anntennas) were well done.

But from what I've read, the next couple episodes will put closure to the Xindi and temporal cold war arcs.  Then, starting in late October, Star Trek: Enterprise will "start over", meaning that the new writers will be free to take the show in new directions.  They plan to take the series back to what it was supposed to be--exploring the formation of the Federation, and providing background stories for what we've seen in TOS and later.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can make good on that promise.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 12:16:18 PM »

Aaargh! I didn't realize the new season was due. My TiVo bypassed Enterprise to record other stuff that I would have overridden if I'd known. Dammit.

Formerly Sith Lord
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 04:03:41 PM »

Aaargh! I didn't realize the new season was due.

I can give a summary of the Ep if you want. Spoiler alert.

Archer wakes up in the hands of nazi's, the nazi's also have some weird looking aliens dudes who are helping them create weapons. It turns out the aliens are trapped on earth and are using the Nazi's to build a portal so they can get back to their own time, the problem is earths current tech isn't sophisticated enough so the portal is freaken huge. Thus they have to tease the germans into giving them the supplies they need to build it by slowely giving them new weapons tech. With the weapons the Germans were able to invade the US and take most of the East coast almost all the way to the Mississippi River.

Archer is being taken to a new camp to get interrogated when his convoy comes under attack by freedom fighting gangsters and he is freed. Meanwhile the Enterprise is in orbit above Earth thinking that Archer is dead and trying to figure out what to do. It turns out a Solibon (spelling) is on board and he steals their only remaining transport shuttle and goes down to Earth. That weird time travelling guy shows up looking for Archer and he is dying. He says to stop the Solibon guy at all costs and to find Archer. Travis and trip go down to earth to try and rescue the shuttle and they subsequently get captured. Archer ends up capturing one of the aliens to find out whats going on, he gets a communicator from the alien calls Enterprise and they beam him up just before he gets shot. Archer talks to time travelor dude and is told that if they don't stop the aliens then all of time will be borked. The End.

Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »

Thanks, Scraper. I've got my TiVo issues corrected for this week.

Formerly Sith Lord
Ertic33
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 06:44:23 PM »

The teaser for this weeks episode looked good as well. The enterprise in a dogfight smile
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 03:42:03 AM »

Quote from: "Darrell999"
Old time Trekkie here--I think that Enterprise has generally been fairly entertaining, but it rarely took advantage of its
But from what I've read, the next couple episodes will put closure to the Xindi and temporal cold war arcs.  Then, starting in late October, Star Trek: Enterprise will "start over", meaning that the new writers will be free to take the show in new directions.  They plan to take the series back to what it was supposed to be--exploring the formation of the Federation, and providing background stories for what we've seen in TOS and later.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well they can make good on that promise.

Thanks Darrel, I think with the temporal war thing going on, they might be able to fix a lot of the continuity problems that have plagued the series with a simple wave of the wand.  

However the show is in the hands of Manny Cota and while I really liked Oddysey 5 (?), I am not sure what he can bring to the table for a Star Trek  show. But I guees we will soon see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: