http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 04:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthquake!  (Read 1341 times)
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2004, 08:29:05 PM »

Man, I have been seeing stuff from this weekend's earthquake, how sad.

In some areas, the ocean pulled back 600 FEET up to 40 minutes before the first big wave struck.  :shock:

My condolonces to those affected, I am donating money to a charity today.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 09:33:32 PM »

It was an absolute monster. friggin' 8.9 !! :shock:  That makes our Florida hurricanes look like a sunny afternoon in the park. The death toll keeps rising dramatically.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 11:13:18 PM »

it's absolutely the worst natural disaster in recent years.  over 22,000 dead and rising.  CNN has been updating the page on this and it has risen almost every time i check it.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 11:35:25 PM »

The US response has been pussyish to say the least.  A paltry $15 mill?  Look at what were spending in Iraq.  What a joke.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 03:44:29 AM »

And to show how pathetic I am my first thoughts upon here this are:

This REALLy sucks. Some guy in my death poll had that as his natural disaster.  No hope of catching up now.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 04:13:42 AM »

I wanna know why the US sends relief to all the world's countries when something happens. Do any of them ever send us anything when we have a disaster likea hurricane or anything? Why cant the US spend the money and food on our own homeless and needy?

I mean was'nt China part of the countries that got hit? They have what...2 billion people? Surely thier own can take care of them. A small poor country I can understand. But why must we be the world's babysitter when our own go without?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 04:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
I wanna know why the US sends relief to all the world's countries when something happens. Do any of them ever send us anything when we have a disaster likea hurricane or anything? Why cant the US spend the money and food on our own homeless and needy?

I mean was'nt China part of the countries that got hit? They have what...2 billion people? Surely thier own can take care of them. A small poor country I can understand. But why must we be the world's babysitter when our own go without?

That's human nature. Hate the big guy until you need their help. Of course, when this is "over", no one will remember any aid we give.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 04:28:42 AM »

I wanna know why the US sends relief to all the world's countries when something happens. Do any of them ever send us anything when we have a disaster likea hurricane or anything?

Not to my knowledge.

Why cant the US spend the money and food on our own homeless and needy?

Ever hear of welfare or the bazillion other social programs that are consistently being taken advantage of?  I'm all for helping those less fortunate, but just throwing money at anyone who wants it as we currently seem to be doing is wasteful.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 05:03:23 AM »

I dont like welfare either..people live on it. It should be a 1 year max 1 time thing. Or at least havea 2-5 year in between. I speak more of the poor and those out in shelters on cold night. Those thatwork yet cant afford health care.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 06:11:26 AM »

From what I've seen, this disaster is so immense that even the great ol' US of A couldn't do much but offer the equivalent of a bandaid.

The people of those lands will have to do it themselves because there are so many in need and they are so spread out. It's hard for outsiders to really help except when the effort can be concentrated in localized areas.

These are just my observations of course, maybe I'm wrong.  :?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 09:40:58 PM »

Here's a pretty sobering AP picture. :cry:

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Zuljin
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 09:42:45 PM »

:roll:
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 04:47:42 AM »

The US kicked in another 20 mill today.
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 03:57:46 PM »

One of my room mates is from Sri Lanka...he has been very upset the past few days. He doesn't know if his family is even alive right now. My other room mate is from India. He went home for the holidays but he should be safe.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 05:51:06 PM »

Everyday there seems to be worse news... very sad, crazy and sad.

Space Lord - Where are you donating to?  I was thinking about sending something to help to...?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: