http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Tuesday - 12/07/04  (Read 2505 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004, 05:04:09 PM »

The list at Digital Bits.

I'm dyin' to see Carnivale Season 1. I watched the recap at HBO.com the other night along with the teaser for season 2 and it looks right up my alley.

Also, for those of you who find the sound of banging dead cats against pans soothing, the "B5" spin-off "Crusade" hits disc today. slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 05:28:36 PM »

Banging dead cats against pans?  Are you talking about the absolutely shitty music Crusade had?  Or something else?

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:33:02 PM »

Matrix Box set is today, too.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 05:33:06 PM »

What?!  No Species III??

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 05:43:08 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
Banging dead cats against pans?  Are you talking about the absolutely shitty music Crusade had?  Or something else?

Mike

Yup. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 07:20:13 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Quote from: "pr0ner"

Mike

Yup. smile

I thought so.  I loved the series, but the music.  AIEEEEE!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 11:30:15 PM »

I'll be getting 24 S3 and Bourne Supremacy.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 12:38:06 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
What?!  No Species III??

Um it's out.

You REALLY want to see it?
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 01:15:12 AM »

Quote from: "walTer"
What?!  No Species III??

Um it's out.

Well, I would! The first one has perhaps the best sex scene I've ever seen, and the second has one that's very, very decent in the beginning. I'm curious how this one will fare biggrin
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 02:54:36 AM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
Quote from: "walTer"
What?!  No Species III??

Um it's out.

Well, I would! The first one has perhaps the best sex scene I've ever seen, and the second has one that's very, very decent in the beginning. I'm curious how this one will fare biggrin

I hear yah... be sure to get the unrated version- they were pushing it heavily on the Sci Fi channel when it was on abou ta week ago...  :shock:
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 03:56:14 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
I'll be getting 24 S3 and Bourne Supremacy.

Bourne Identity and Supremecy have really developed a fine series.  The first was great with all the hand to hand combat and now the second with the car chases.  Well done on both fronts.  I will defintley grab this at some point.  Since we talking bout DVDs I thought I would throw out HERO.  Anyone interested in that one?  It was a beautiful movie, better in all fronts than Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, IMHO.

EDIT: Can you tell I type with all of 4 fingers?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 06:45:34 AM »

Species 3 is playing on SciFi channel. I meant to watch it the other night but fell asleep early. From the preview it looks extremely LOW BUDGET though, unfortunately. The first two were great.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 01:16:58 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
Since we talking bout DVDs I thought I would throw out HERO.  Anyone interested in that one?  It was a beautiful movie, better in all fronts than Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, IMHO.

I was really surprised by Hero.  A friend lent me a copy awhile back (Chinese version) and I didn't expect it to be so good.  I agree with you that it's better than Crouching Tiger.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 06:48:36 PM »

I picked up The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. I'm done after that.

Next week is the killer for me. I don't know where the money's going to come from for all the stuff that releases next Tuesday.

Collateral, LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition, Top Gun: SE, and I Robot too!

And I still haven't picked up Spider-Man 2, but I plan to wait on that one. I already got screwed into double-dipping on the first one when they released the Superbit, and that's just damned well not going to happen again. I'm really tired of having to buy two versions of the same movie to get the features I want. In this case, I want DTS soundtracks. Sony gets no money from me on SM2 until the Superbit hits shelves.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 11:41:04 PM »

Thankfully, for my wallet, I've been able to curb my DVD purchases to a trickle. Just Gargoyles Season 1 this week. Only other sets I'm probably going to be buying next is LOTR and the Invader Zim house set.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 11:45:21 PM »

One word: Netflix

smile
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 12:00:23 AM »

Some of us prefer to own movies.

Netflix, in my particular case, would be absolutely worthless.

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 12:09:21 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
Some of us prefer to own movies.

Netflix, in my particular case, would be absolutely worthless.

Well, I own quite a few movies, and still buy them but lets say---- Dracula 3000- yeah I'll watch it but I sure don't want to own it.  :wink:
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 12:21:22 AM »

Any movies I'm willing to watch but don't want to own are movies that I either caught in theaters, or will just wait to see at some other time in the future. I don't care enough to rent them, so again.. no netflix for me.

I can see how it would be worth it to someone who rents a lot of movies, as that can get pretty expensive pretty quickly.

ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 03:04:24 AM »

Collateral, LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition, Top Gun: SE, and I Robot too!  In this case, I want DTS soundtracks.

Interesting, I am curious about your take on Collateral and I Robot.  I have my own say, but I'll wait for you.

My father is in love with DTS... I wish I had a sound system where that mattered...  hopefully Santa's got one for me.

And NETFLIX - Ba-humbug.  It just isn't ever there when you want it.  Its a supplament to a movie collection.  One that I wouldn't personally care with a blockbuster within 10 miles.  And owning movies is great if you are willing to put in the $$.  I love the boxes and the ability to look through the collection on a rainy afternoon when you don't feel like doing anything.  The only thing that is starting to rival that is Comcast On Demand.  They just got Master and Commander... biggrin
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 03:16:11 AM »

I, Robot was a cheesy movie that I had fun watching despite a # of problems. It's worth owning to me, if for no other reason than to watch a bunch of pretty special effects. Sometimes I buy movies for some pretty silly/shallow reasons. This is one of those times.

I don't know what exactly to say about Collateral except that I loved every minute of it, and would rate it the highest of any movie I saw this year, and I saw quite a few. Loved the look, all the performances, the dialogue, the action, the story... I could watch it over and over again. Every writer on the planet should have to watch the early scenes in the cab with Jada Pinkett Smith and Jamie Foxx as an example of how to write interesting dialogue. All in my not-so-humble-opinion, of course.

I consider it the best movie I've seen in the theaters in a really long time.

What were your particular opinions?

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 05:30:06 AM »

And I still haven't picked up Spider-Man 2, but I plan to wait on that one. I already got screwed into double-dipping on the first one when they released the Superbit, and that's just damned well not going to happen again. I'm really tired of having to buy two versions of the same movie to get the features I want. In this case, I want DTS soundtracks. Sony gets no money from me on SM2 until the Superbit hits shelves.

umm...the Superbit version of SM2 hit shelves the same day as the rest of the DVDs (FS, WS, Collector Set).  it's been in stores all over the place for more than a week already...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 05:58:55 AM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Matrix Box set is today, too.
oh boy! ahah what a waste

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 06:37:24 AM »

Expensive week for me:

24 Season 3
Carnivale Season 1
Crusade
Bourne Supremacy

Not new this week but I also grabbed:
The Terminal
Last Exile Vols 6 & 7

Came very close to grabbing the Matrix Boxset (worth it for the new transfer for the first film) but I held off because I will very soon be without my HDTV for well over a year and I won't watch The Matrix on anything less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: