http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 02:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duante Culpepper = SUPERHUMAN  (Read 2119 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2004, 04:38:18 AM »

wow. another 5 TD performance. This was his 3rd 5 TD performance in 5 games. 397 yds last week, 425 today. After 5 games, his numbers are INSANE:

Att:    187
comp:135
pct:   72%

Yds: 1766

YPA: 9.44

TD: 18

INT: 3

He's averaging  353 yds, and a rediculous 3.6 TD's per game. His QB rating is off the chart.

16 games projected = 5648 yds, 58 TD passes.
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 05:37:06 AM »

And to think that the Vikings have had a lot of bad luck as well.

Their running backs have went down, one by one.

Their blocking TE, who is so great at keeping Culpepper safe and getting lead blocks for Bennett has been out.

Moss has been defended perfectly, and ended up injured after two catches early (tonight).

This guy is so great, he makes Wiggins look like Tony Gonzalez.

Not trying to hijack here, but who is feeling sorry for Aron Brooks?  His teammates hate him, his fans boo him, his offensive Cordinator is a moron, the running game has been zero threat leaving Brooks tied up, and  Stallworthless is about to dethrone K-Rob as the biggest waste of tallent in football.
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 10:53:31 AM »

As a lifelong Viking fan this is a blast to watch. But they GOTTA get that defense going!

I mean, the Saints game was one of the better defensive efforts this year and they gave up 31(!) points.
They can't count on Daunte throwing 5 TD's every week......or can they?  biggrin
Seriously, if the Vikings are going to make any kind of dent in the playoffs, the "D" has got to come around.
This has been the same story every year since Dungy left, with a small reprieve in '98. Gets tiring.

But the offense...Wow. 604 total yards.
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

Another lifelong Vikings fan here. It's great to see what the Vikings do in the regular season, BUT they ALWAYS choke when it comes to post-season play.

It's every Viking fan's dream to see them win a Super Bowl, and every year it winds up being the same ole' song & dance; Watch Vikings kick lot's of butt then choke in the playoffs.

I'm always's skeptical on the Vike's chances of winning the big one. I won't believe it until they do it.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 03:23:07 PM »

You're right Sam, I don't think any team is gonna win it all without strong defense. Hmm, what about the Rams a few years back? I know they're defense was respectable, but I wouldn't call it strong. They won with a powerful offense, but even then barely squeeked by Tennessee in '99, and then lost to the Pats.

Tampa and Baltimore went all the way with rock-solid D.

I remember Miami putting up these kind of numbers in '84, with Marino passing for 5000+ yds, and nearly 50 TD's, but then they got pummelled in the Superbowl by San Fran.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 03:44:26 PM »

Culpepper is a pretty good system QB right now, with some good talent around him.  

Seriously though, he is on fire.   It looks like his decision making has really improved this year, along with other WRs to take pressure off Moss, and wow.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 04:45:20 PM »

Eagles>Vikings

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 04:50:08 PM »

Who'da thunk it. A QB from UCF.......

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 05:20:39 PM »

Culpepper man, he is wreaking havoc in fantasy football world.  The guy just keeps producing.  I thought he was going to have a little trouble without ONterrio Smith but lo and behold he has done it again.  I think that Marcus Robinson was a wonderful addition for them.  He has pretty good hands and great size, I wish the Ravens held onto him...:-(
Phouka
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 06:24:30 PM »

Quote from: "JSHAW"
It's every Viking fan's dream to see them win a Super Bowl, and every year it winds up being the same ole' song & dance; Watch Vikings kick lot's of butt then choke in the playoffs.

Brother, I hear ya.... You can always tell a true Vikings fan from a poser based on comments like these. I can't count how many times they've looked "promising" only to choke big time in post-season play.

Sigh.

But yet, I'm still a fan of the purple people eaters. Go figure. smile

Pooks
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 07:06:05 PM »

Dante gets rowdy rowdy.

Get....your....roll....on.

Thank god for Dante.  He's keeping my butt in the Gone Gold fantasy football league smile
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 08:07:28 PM »

Quote from: "Phouka"
Quote from: "JSHAW"

Brother, I hear ya.... You can always tell a true Vikings fan from a poser based on comments like these. I can't count how many times they've looked "promising" only to choke big time in post-season play.

Sigh.

But yet, I'm still a fan of the purple people eaters. Go figure. smile

Pooks

to add to this thought, Philly already beat them too - of course, Philly has it's own troubled past...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 11:10:09 PM »

Culpepper is my fantasy QB.  I couldn't be happier!  :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 11:54:02 PM »

I remember Daunte's first game.  He put a Vick-like <40% complettion percentage while running all over the place.  I immediately said, this guy's never going to be what they cracked him up to be (his failing to make Prop 48 didn't reassure me he woudl be intelligent enough to improve to NFL-calibre level QB).  I cannot imagine he would get THIS good.

[aside-
Oh,and as for Vick - he's preening over a 210 yd performance with a 100 QB rating?  Did he notice there are four other rookie Qb's who have put up better numbers?  Hey Vick...Dave Carr's WORST game this year he completed a better % than your best game, put up more yards than your best game,  oh, and he has twice as many TD's as you.  (That worst game, btw...was aginst the same team Vick just played)  As a matter of fact...Vick had the worst numbers of ANY QB who has played the Charges this year (Volek and Plummer almost put 300 yds and 2 tds on the Chargeers). ]

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 12:12:10 AM »

Vick is the Shockey of QBs.

HYPE. HYPE. HYPE. HYPE.

SD made out nicely in that deal.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »

I think Vick still needs time.  I mean come on, he was injured for most of last year, comes back to a coaching change, offensive scheme change to West Coast, and some crap receivers, Dez White...hah "Don't throw it to Stone Hands!"

I think the problem orginates with the West Coast offense switch.  Vick's best asset is running around and letting his receivers get open.  This 3 step and 5 step drop to a quick pass isn't really him.  I think they need to let him go on the fly more like he did at the end of the game last week.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 04:05:13 PM »

Vick will never be an elite NFL QB because he can't stay healthy.  He's too frail.  He also has no concept of what touch is.  He's been this way since college (I should know, I went to the same school).

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 01:16:26 PM »

The shock for me is that without Vick last year the Falcons looked terrible and went 1-11.  Then Vick came back and since then they have gone 9-1????  Thats a number that speaks becasue I don't think that team is that good in the first place but Vick finds ways to win... or inspiration, dunno.  He may not be a technically elite QB but he might be a winning QB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: