http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:36:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't want to be too premature but...  (Read 1850 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »

My wife just popped positive on the pregnancy test.  So our daughter is a little over 1 year old and now we will have a second one on the way....pray for me as I think I am going to go insane trying to keep up with two kids!

eek
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »

Well Congrats! (or at least I think it's congrats.  Hope this isn't an unhappy surprise). 

I don't think it's premature- those pregnancy tests are amazingly accurate.  I remember making an appointment with the doctor ASAP to confirm, thinking they would do a blood test or something, but all the doctor did was give my wife a home pregnancy test. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:18:49 PM »

congrats!  I'll pray for you to go insane.

or was that pray for you not to go insane.....

oh wait.. I don't pray....

I'll sacrifice a llama instead.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 03, 2008, 02:26:10 PM

Well Congrats! (or at least I think it's congrats.  Hope this isn't an unhappy surprise). 

I don't think it's premature- those pregnancy tests are amazingly accurate.  I remember making an appointment with the doctor ASAP to confirm, thinking they would do a blood test or something, but all the doctor did was give my wife a home pregnancy test. 

We were trying so not an unhappy surprise.  Unexpected since we had been trying for a while with no luck, but not unhappy.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »

Yeah that's how it was with our second.  We were trying but it took so long with the first that we were pretty shocked that the second was so quick. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »

Congrats, and welcome to the GT/OO baby boom!

Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:08:38 PM »

Well if you weren't trying to have a baby, sounds like you were already a bit premature...  ninja
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:08:57 PM »

Nice! Congrats Arkon!!!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:13:42 PM by YellowKing » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »

Congratulations!

My ex had her two (before me, thank goodness) 50 weeks apart.  They are the same age for two weeks every February.  Drives the older one nuts.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »

Congrats Arkon!

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on December 03, 2008, 04:08:57 PM

Nice! Congrats Arkon!!!

LOL.  so, are you going for that one too?  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »

Now we just have to make sure it isn't twins... because if it is then that means we have three kids... and I refuse to have an odd number of children long term, therefor we would have to have a fourth.  My father keeps telling me that my wife and I are going to have 8 kids because he wants lots of grandchildren....
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 03, 2008, 04:38:59 PM

Now we just have to make sure it isn't twins... because if it is then that means we have three kids... and I refuse to have an odd number of children long term, therefor we would have to have a fourth.  My father keeps telling me that my wife and I are going to have 8 kids because he wants lots of grandchildren....

My wife recently latched onto this "you can't have an odd number of children" concept since being told about it by one of her friends.  We're stopping with two but if a third were to come she feels like then we'd need a fourth.  Personally, I'd be just fine with an odd number if need be. 
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 04:46:18 PM »

Congratulations,

The more kids there are the better chance I have of getting social security....

You will probably catch up on your sleep in about 5 years.....
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

What's with the odd number concept?  I am not familiar with this one. 

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 03, 2008, 05:35:03 PM

I never did hear a good explanation.  I think my eyes glazed over when she explained it but oddly enough the only part I remember was about being able to pair kids off when playing games so no one is consistently sitting out.  I'm not buying it.   
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 05:48:21 PM »

Well thank goodness two people dropped out of my RoboRally game.  I shudder to think what would have happened if 7 people were forced to play it... Roll Eyes

warning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 03, 2008, 04:43:11 PM

Quote from: Arkon on December 03, 2008, 04:38:59 PM

My wife recently latched onto this "you can't have an odd number of children" concept since being told about it by one of her friends.  We're stopping with two but if a third were to come she feels like then we'd need a fourth.  Personally, I'd be just fine with an odd number if need be. 

We have three all pretty close in age.  They fight occasionally and take sides against each other but it's no big deal.  I figure it will prepare them for the hard life of a Roman gladiator.

But anyway, congrats Arkon!  Our first two are 16 months apart so I can certainly relate.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 03, 2008, 05:41:43 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 03, 2008, 05:35:03 PM

I never did hear a good explanation.  I think my eyes glazed over when she explained it but oddly enough the only part I remember was about being able to pair kids off when playing games so no one is consistently sitting out.  I'm not buying it.   

For me it is because I don't want to have a middle child.  That and I am a bit OCD about odd numbers.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:14 PM »

But with an even number of kids, there is no median age.  With an odd number, there can sometimes be a repeating fraction for the mean age.

*sits back to watch Arkon's head a-splode.*

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »

LOL.  so, are you going for that one too?

All joking aside, we probably will. My wife wants three, I want two, but in either case we're not getting any younger. Considering the trouble we've had over the last two years, I imagine she'll want to get the ball rolling pretty quickly after this one is born.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 03, 2008, 06:51:14 PM

But with an even number of kids, there is no median age.  With an odd number, there can sometimes be a repeating fraction for the mean age.

*sits back to watch Arkon's head a-splode.*

Arkon's head may explode but probably not for the intended reason. There is a median age with an even number of kids, it's the mean of the age of the middle two kids. I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around repeating fraction, I think you mean repeating decimal.  icon_twisted

*Captain Literal wanders off to find other nits to pick*

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on December 03, 2008, 07:44:00 PM

Arkon's head may explode but probably not for the intended reason. There is a median age with an even number of kids, it's the mean of the age of the middle two kids. I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around repeating fraction, I think you mean repeating decimal.  icon_twisted

*Captain Literal wanders off to find other nits to pick*

<----- Pwned...

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:49 PM »

So guys with kids like 16 months apart or less (or slightly more, I guess), I take it you didn't (you being your wife) breastfeed?
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:48 PM »

I find myself wanting to ask what the connection is, but I'm resisting as I'm not quite sure I want to know the answer.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:49 PM »

Quote from: kratz on December 03, 2008, 08:02:49 PM

So guys with kids like 16 months apart or less (or slightly more, I guess), I take it you didn't (you being your wife) breastfeed?

My wife did and still is breastfeeding our daughter.  It is a fallacy that a woman can't get pregnant while breastfeeding/nursing a baby.  From what our doctor said it is more difficult but not a physical impossibility.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »

You just need to be careful to pick a position that's not likely to disturb the baby. There are a few good options.  icon_twisted

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »

Congratulations Arkon - that's some fine work smile 
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 08:18:12 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 03, 2008, 08:04:49 PM

Quote from: kratz on December 03, 2008, 08:02:49 PM

My wife did and still is breastfeeding our daughter.  It is a fallacy that a woman can't get pregnant while breastfeeding/nursing a baby.  From what our doctor said it is more difficult but not a physical impossibility.

Not only thought but it can take up to 6 months for your wife's period to return after pregnancy but during that time she is still capable of getting pregnant.  In other words be careful, I know I couldn't handle back to backs just cause my wife is crazy with our first one looming.  CRAZY.

morlac00 on PSN
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »

If it turns out to be twins you are going to have to move to a zone defense as your man to man scheme will leave one uncovered.  Congrats.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

Yeah man, as soon as the baby was out and everything was all healed, we headed straight for the morena, man.  I can't imagine having another baby right now (or my wife going through a pregnancy while we've had this terror running around... egad... it was tough enough without a kid.)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »

Cool news man! 

just wait till you find yourself telling #1 all the things they can't do to the baby.  it's a very unusual list if my two are any indication.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »

Quote from: kratz on December 03, 2008, 11:04:32 PM

Yeah man, as soon as the baby was out and everything was all healed, we headed straight for the morena, man.  I can't imagine having another baby right now (or my wife going through a pregnancy while we've had this terror running around... egad... it was tough enough without a kid.)

Lol, well we have always wanted two children and it was our desire to keep them within about 2 years of each other.  The nice part will be that by having them close together we get all the diaper stage done with in a relatively quick timeframe instead of having one finish up with diapers just to have another one in diapers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: