http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 12:12:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Download This Song  (Read 650 times)
Qbe
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2006, 01:03:04 AM »

In case you missed it somehow, catch Weird Al's new song at his myspace page.  I don't know if it's official, but I like the Youtube video too.

Weird Al's the best.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:39:14 AM »

yet another great song from Weird Al...guy is a genius.  i came across the song last night but hadn't seen the video yet.  this is actually the second song he's released over the 'net leading up to the release of his new album in a few weeks.  a little over a month ago, he put You're Pitiful (parodying the james blunt song 'You're Beautiful') up for download on his website as a means of fighting back against the original artist's record company.  apparently Blunt gave his blessing to parody the song and it was supposed to be used on the new Weird Al album.  Blunt's record company didn't like their hit song being spoofed, so they complained to Weird Al's label who then caved to avoid any further conflict.  the song was removed from the new album, but in a small act of retaliation, the song quickly showed up as a free download on Al's website, along with about a dozen links to other places where it can be downloaded.  pretty cool icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »

ok that is brilliant

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 03:18:50 AM »

I was kinda 'meh' up until the freaking sharks, and then I was like 'check out these motherfucking sharks in this motherfucking video!!!' and everything was good.  Except Tony Danza.  He's just bad.  Discuss.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 03:46:34 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2006, 03:18:50 AM

I was kinda 'meh' up until the freaking sharks, and then I was like 'check out these motherfucking sharks in this motherfucking video!!!' and everything was good.  Except Tony Danza.  He's just bad.  Discuss.

I was kinda 'meh' up until...well, the whole damn thing.  Meh. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »

LOL
"You dont want to mess with the RIAA they'll sue you if you burn that CD-R. It doesn't matter if you're a grandma, or a 7 year old girl, they'll treat you like the evil heart bitten criminal scum you are."

I have quite a few of Weird Al's cds, all the way back to the food one. Man it's hard to believe he's been around so many years now. How time goes by..

Anyone know who sung the Metallica parody off of "Enter Sandman" the lyrics went something like Screw the fans, sue the fans.. can't remember all the lyrics but it was based off of metallica siding with the takedown of napster. That pissed me of royally but I grew up with metallica (they've been around 25 years now) and I still like them.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »

Another wonderful song. Wierd Al FTW!  icon_biggrin

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: