http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:42:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does USPS ever give up?  (Read 1225 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:06 PM »

I mailed a game to someone back in the beginning of October. Turned out the guy had given me the wrong address. We figured it would come back and I would resend. Here is what USPS has done with the package since then (bottom up)

Bullet     Processed, November 15, 2008, 11:23 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Processed, November 11, 2008, 9:13 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, November 08, 2008, 11:41 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Processed, November 04, 2008, 11:45 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, November 03, 2008, 6:56 pm, NASHUA, NH 03062
Bullet    Processed, November 03, 2008, 3:38 am, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Processed, October 30, 2008, 5:15 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, October 28, 2008, 10:23 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Processed, October 22, 2008, 11:40 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, October 21, 2008, 7:12 pm, NASHUA, NH 03062
Bullet    Processed, October 20, 2008, 3:28 am, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Processed, October 14, 2008, 11:38 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, October 13, 2008, 7:43 pm, NASHUA, NH 03062
Bullet    Processed, October 12, 2008, 9:06 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Addressee Unknown, October 06, 2008, 8:56 am, MOUNT HOPE, WV
Bullet    Arrival at Unit, October 06, 2008, 6:34 am, MOUNT HOPE, WV 25880
Bullet    Processed, October 04, 2008, 5:05 pm, CHARLESTON, WV 25350
Bullet    Processed, October 02, 2008, 9:56 pm, BOSTON, MA 02205
Bullet    Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 02, 2008

It's bounced back and forth between Boston and West Virginia 6 times. Don't they think they should return to sender at this point?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

icon_lol

I have shipped thousands of packages via USPS. A few of them returned to me as "Delivery attempted - return to sender". I've never seen one ricochet like that.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

Yet further support for being confident of the recipient's address prior to shipping flubber. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »

I've also had almost entirely good results from the USPS, though not perfect - I mailed a game to Whiteboyskim, and all he got was some plastic and paper with his address on it.  Anyone who has ever received a game from me, knows that you have to be James Bond to get into the package, and yet, the postal machines managed it.

Btw, that ricochet summary looks a lot like the last tracking of a purchase I made from DeepDiscount.com - I think it was due to the originator being a drop shipper.  Either way, I likely won't order from them again, and if I do, it will be for such a great price that I don't mind it traveling across the country a few times.   icon_confused

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »

it almost sounds like your return address got removed or smudged and they keep trying to send it to the addressee which in return gets it sent back to Boston.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »

I had one game I sent out get bounced back because the address was wrong. It was a little over a month before I got it back. I didn't have tracking so I just had to sit and hope..  eek
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »

Luckily it is a copy of Rainbow Six 3 for PC and not Final Fantasy VII or something. It's through Goozex, so the guy can even get his $5 worth of points back if it winds up lost in a black hole.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 07:38:22 PM »

I mailed a bill payment in them mail in late June but the financial institution didn't get it.  They wanted me to pay a late fee but I got them to refund it and I have paid online ever since.  About two weeks ago I looked at my statement and it had two payments on it.  I figured out that the check I had mailed got cashed.  I don't think I've had something take four months to get to its destination.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »

Quote from: Graham on November 17, 2008, 07:38:22 PM

I mailed a bill payment in them mail in late June but the financial institution didn't get it.  They wanted me to pay a late fee but I got them to refund it and I have paid online ever since.  About two weeks ago I looked at my statement and it had two payments on it.  I figured out that the check I had mailed got cashed.  I don't think I've had something take four months to get to its destination.

A recommendation on that...  Create a folder and take screenshots of all the confirmation numbers.  That way you don't have to "print this out and keep it in a safe location."  I have a separate folder for each bill and the file names are the paid dates, so I can easily tell what has been paid and what hasn't.  In January, I zip the previous year together to leave me a clean slate.

I had a cable bill that I swore I paid, but I didn't have a confirmation number and it never cleared the account.  So even if it wasn't my fault (not likely), there was no way to prove it and I got to pay the cable reconnect fee.   retard

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:29:03 PM »

I know a dude who never got his stuff and USPS claimed they tried to deliver it three times and no one was home to sign for it but he knew for a fact that someone was ALWAYS there 'cause his sister and her girlfriend were staying there and they would've signed for any package. True story.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 17, 2008, 08:29:03 PM

I know a dude who never got his stuff and USPS claimed they tried to deliver it three times and no one was home to sign for it but he knew for a fact that someone was ALWAYS there 'cause his sister and her girlfriend were staying there and they would've signed for any package. True story.

In y mind, they were otherwise engaged so that they couldn't hear the doorbell....   nod

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

I have all my orders shipped from the USA to my location in Vancouver, Canada via USPS. I've never had any problems with the priority or higher levels of service or from the lower rates for that matter; just much slower delivery. I often use the priority service to ship from a retailer in Miami to me -kiddy corners of the contiguous states- and it's never taken more than 5 business days. In fact it's really a 'must use' service for Canadians. The other couriers charge ridiculous customs brokerage and handling charges whereas USPS routes through CanPost and consequently charges none. I once got charged $40 on a $30 item by UPS. When I challenged them and dug deeper I found that a lot of the charges were fabricated service fees and they eventually waved $10. The problem is they hold you packages as ransom until you pay up, and ship them back if you don't. I'm speaking without specific legal knowledge, but I can't see how their outrageous charges don't violate some part or the NA Free Trade Agreement.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:53:28 PM by kronovan » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 10:04:13 PM »

I can't even imagine what kind of shape the package is in at this point. It was one of the small form PC boxes in a large bubble wrapper (the label was official USPS prepaid, so if its messed up, it's their fault). Probably flat as a pancake.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »

So, this finally arrived back in my mailbox today after 7 delivery attempts and nearly two full months bouncing around. Wow.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: