http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 07:25:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who Season 4  (Read 1143 times)
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »

Just saw the first episode of the new season.  I really enjoyed it although I'll miss Martha.  It also has the cutest aliens ever...

A mysterious spoiler below:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Umm, Rose is kind of back...
Reemul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:11:24 PM »

Umm, i can't agree, thought it was decidely short on the storyline itself with an abrupt ending. At least it can only get better.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »

A typical fun Davies opener. They didn't waste any time unleashing the big spoiler did they? The episode was really funny, and I am happy they will have a companion (for now) who's not in love with the Doctor.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 01:49:55 AM »

It is great to have a companion who doesn't want to jump the doctor.   I like her and I hope they let her be smart and not need to be rescued by him.

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:48:44 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on April 10, 2008, 01:49:55 AM

It is great to have a companion who doesn't want to jump the doctor.   I like her and I hope they let her be smart and not need to be rescued by him.

hehe I suspect she might do the rescuing or maybe she'll just eat him for breakfast. I enjoyed the first one of the new season - albeit werid but that is Dr Who.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:57:52 PM »

I lost interest when Eccleson (sp) left... I may have seen 1 or 2 episodes since.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 02:05:42 AM »

Quote from: Purge on April 10, 2008, 01:57:52 PM

I lost interest when Eccleson (sp) left... I may have seen 1 or 2 episodes since.

I actually read a similar sentiment to this on another forum. While I certainly loved Eccleston as the Doctor (though I got frustrated that his season frequently had episodes where someone ELSE saved the day at the end), and can completely understand people preferring him to Tennant, the show got much, much better and more consistent after season one. I'm talking about the writing and the production here, and not the portrayal of the Doctor. There were just more good, great, and excellent stories than I thought there were in season one. And, *everyone* who has ever liked any Doctor Who owes it to themselves to watch "Blink" at least once. It's one of the best sci-fi television episodes, EVAR.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 01:37:56 PM »

Quote from: JCC on April 12, 2008, 02:05:42 AM

Quote from: Purge on April 10, 2008, 01:57:52 PM

. And, *everyone* who has ever liked any Doctor Who owes it to themselves to watch "Blink" at least once. It's one of the best sci-fi television episodes, EVAR.

As I was watching the Sarah Jane adventures last night and avoiding the Doctor Who commercials (they absolutely spoil shows just about every week), I was thinking of the Blink episode. I went on an out of town assignment for about a month last year and that episode somehow got buried  in my DVR queue. I watched it about a month ago and thought to myself this has to be regarded as one of the top Doctor Who episodes of all time. Additionally, while the show is about a time traveler, seldom do the stories revolve around time travel. Yes indeed a very well written story.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 07:18:44 AM »

They very much continue that - good screen chemistry I think and a much more pushy assistant than normal - works well IMHO.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 10:48:44 PM »

I really liked this week's episode.  The chemistry was improved.  Plus, it had ancient Rome and I can't not love that.
Dalek
Welcome to Gaming Trend

Exterminate!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 11:31:28 PM »

Quote from: Kev199 on April 13, 2008, 10:48:44 PM

I really liked this week's episode.  The chemistry was improved.  Plus, it had ancient Rome and I can't not love that.

Hmmm.  I'm in the opposite camp on this one.  I thought it was mediocre at best.

However, I did enjoy the "you must be Celtic" bits.  smile
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »

Quote from: pengoz on April 14, 2008, 10:03:11 AM

Quote from: Tals on April 13, 2008, 07:18:44 AM

They very much continue that - good screen chemistry I think and a much more pushy assistant than normal - works well IMHO.

Tals

So the doctor just dumped Martha and her family in some parralell universe? This doctor, doesn't seem so nice! smile

icon_confused

did i miss something?  i thought martha just went home after last season.  she couldn't deal with the fact that doctor didn't feel the same way towards her as she did towards him so opted to go back home.  do you mean rose, maybe?  if so, he didn't "dump her".  you might want to watch the episode with her final appearance again.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: