http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:38:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you wear a watch?  (Read 939 times)
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 03:03:29 PM »

I just started wearing a watch again a few months ago. I have one watch that I save for special occasions where I need to dress up. I have another watch for more normal occasions.

Needless to say, knowing the time has very little to do with why I like wearing a watch. It's an accessory for me, which is incredibly odd because I usually don't care much about fashion. Example A: I'm currently at work wearing jeans with a hole in the crotch.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on August 04, 2013, 03:03:29 PM

I just started wearing a watch again a few months ago. I have one watch that I save for special occasions where I need to dress up. I have another watch for more normal occasions.

Needless to say, knowing the time has very little to do with why I like wearing a watch. It's an accessory for me, which is incredibly odd because I usually don't care much about fashion. Example A: I'm currently at work wearing jeans with a hole in the crotch.

I haven't worn a watch since the 90s, but lately I have been trying to punch up my style, and having a nice watch is part of my plan.  Haven't bought one yet, but hopefully soon.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »

I've worn a metal/stainless steel LCD Timex since about 1986 (will share a photo later), and can vouch it takes a licking (not the tongue kind! icon_razz) and keeps on ticking. I think I bought it for maybe $30 or so at a JC Penney. It's pretty tarnished, and scratched but aside from a new battery once every few years or so, it's been zero maintenance. The push-button illumination still works, along with the alarm and optional hourly chime.  icon_cool

For some reason, "Twist-o-flex" wrist bands fell out of style and not sure I could replace it now. It's great in that from scrawny 1986 BJ to 220 lb BJ now, the wrist band has always fit comfortably and no need to mess with belt hook-type wrist bands.

And most importantly, on the back, it says, "Assembled in Korea."  icon_smile

Funnier story about the previous Seiko LCD watch I broke (which necessitated buying the Timex). I was wade fishing at a local stream. That Seiko wasn't water proof, so I thought, "Hey, I better stick it in my pocket so I don't accidentally stick my hand in the water with the watch on." Well, my SHIRT pocket might've been a good idea, or a Ziploc bag. Promptly, I waded into nearly waist-deep water, looked down at my pants, to see my poor watch floating in the pocket. Head meets wall The Seiko had a tiny 2nd screen with LCD animations on it (ringing chime, running stick man in stop watch mode etc.).

My teen niece and nephew tend to disdain watches in favor of using their iPhones for everything. I don't think it makes much sense (to have to whip your smartphone out just to check time), but just stay off my lawn you crazy kids!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:38:27 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: