http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 06:59:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you play on easy?  (Read 1571 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 12:25:12 AM »

Unless doing so messes with the artificial intelligence I will always play on the easiest setting.  Games are meant to be relaxing, not work so if a game frustrates me I probably wonít ever finish it.

My tolerance for difficulty is also directly related to the games save options.  If I canít save as often as I want and I fail three times in level the game probably goes back on the shelf.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2009, 02:04:08 AM »

I beg to differ, I would argue that games were meant to be a challenge more than relaxing. When I want to relax I almost always defer to a movie (or a puff of the giggly bush) rather than a game.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »

And there's the beauty of difficulty settings.  Games are, in general, entertainment, meant to be played as part of your leisure time.  Some people prefer to spend their leisure time relaxing and enjoying an interactive experience that provides some challenge, but not so much that sections need to be repeated over and over in a push for mastery of the game.  Others prefer to spend their leisure time mastering a complex system by competing against a ruthless opponent, striving for that moment of victory when they've proven themselves the master of the digital domain.

The job of good difficulty levels is to tailor the game to fit either person.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2009, 03:00:59 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 31, 2009, 02:04:08 AM

I beg to differ, I would argue that games were meant to be a challenge more than relaxing. When I want to relax I almost always defer to a movie (or a puff of the giggly bush) rather than a game.

Different strokes, and all that.  I completely agree with Lordnine...the less frustration, the better.

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »

I usually play games one step down from the hardest as long as the AI isn't a known cheat.  I hate games that only give the AI more resources or stuff to make it harder.

I typically have played FPS's on Hard first time through then dont' replay them.  COD:MW2 I will probably play on normal just to get it done and experience it so I can play MP with the rest of my time.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 06:36:39 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on October 31, 2009, 02:04:08 AM

there is a difference between relaxing, a challenge, and f'n frustrating.  CoD on normal is relaxing, hard was a challenge, but veteran was so ridiculously over the top that it simply wasn't fun.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: