http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do We Really Need.....  (Read 512 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »

I just got a razor in the mail that has FIVE blades on it!! Is this really necessary?? Actually it has six - there's one on the back side to use for those 'hard to get' places. Funny.

Another one: Lexus is about to introduce the first EIGHT speed automatic transmission. Do we need eight speeds or is this an example of the auto makers having a pissing contest?

What other things can you think of that make you wonder if we really need them?

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:43:45 PM »

I really like my Fusion razor.  I don't get cuts nearly as much as I did with my old 2 blade.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 07:54:35 PM »

I actually want to get one of those with the single blade on the back side.  If you have ever tried to trim around a beard/goatee with some of those safety buffer fucking razors it can be very frustrating and make you wish for the days of straight razors. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 09, 2006, 07:54:35 PM

I actually want to get one of those with the single blade on the back side.  If you have ever tried to trim around a beard/goatee with some of those safety buffer fucking razors it can be very frustrating and make you wish for the days of straight razors. 

I've been tempted time and time again to get a good old straight razor.  Anyone ever use one?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:57:03 PM »

You need to go over to OO for that discussion, there are a number of "real" razor aficionados over there.

As far as the 8 speed transmission, honestly unless you are driving a manual, CVT seems the way to go... infinite speed transmission.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 09, 2006, 08:57:03 PM

As far as the 8 speed transmission, honestly unless you are driving a manual, CVT seems the way to go... infinite speed transmission.

That's what I was thinking. Someday we'll probably have only CVT automatics and who-knows-how-many speed manuals.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on September 09, 2006, 09:19:16 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on September 09, 2006, 08:57:03 PM

That's what I was thinking. Someday we'll probably have only CVT automatics and who-knows-how-many speed manuals.

That would be nice.

Random thought - my Mazda 3 offers Automatic as well as a Clutchless Manual mode. For whatever reason, I drive in Manual all the time now. I do wish I had a 5th gear though for pure freeway driving (as 4th on my car is meant to shift into at the 35-40 range).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: