http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 12:38:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Dreams Ever Set the Mood for Your Day?  (Read 1009 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »

I woke up from a horrible nightmare this morning (thankfully I have the ability to always wake myself up when a dream gets too horrible) and it has me in a pretty bad funk as I begin this work week. It had perhaps the single worst image I've ever imagined (conciously or unconciously) and it's just lurking in the back of my mind no matter what I do.

Dreams ever stick with you throughout the day? Or the week? Or influence your behavior?

I remember back in middle school/high school I'd dream about a girl and then for the whole next day or so I'd think she was the most lovely thing I'd ever seen and have mini-crushes.

And there have been times when I dream a negative scenario about someone and then for the next few days or so I'm a little wary and less trusting of that individual...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

I'm lucky in the fact that I very rarely ever remember my dreams. Once a month or so, if even. I'm just like that for whatever reason.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »

This is some Sort Of secret Message to the Octopus Overlords , isnt it? Thus the capitalizing of Some of THE words in the Headline...

on-topic :Dreams DO set my mood at certain times...nightmares for instance, gives me a bad feeling of forebooding, good dreams makes me wake up happy, so yes..

although, perhaps its the other way around - the day that you've had sets the mood for your dreams?

A new one
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »

Indeed.  I have had some terrible nightmares at times (dreams of loved ones dying, etc), and I have woken up in tears.  I would feel depressed the rest of the day.  Same thing when I have a good dream; I will be in a great mood that day.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »

not really.  I'm always in a bad mood when I'm at work and in a good mood when I'm not.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »

Definitely. I get the weirdest dreams sometimes. I've dreamt of my brother dying and that had me worried all day. I've even had sexual dreams where the girl is someone I didn't previously find sexually attractive, but after the dream I find her irresistible.

Oh! You know how they say if you die in your dream you die in RL? I know that isn't true. I fell off a cliff in one dream and died. I remember laying there thinking, "well I'm dead, what now?"
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 03:06:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 19, 2008, 02:49:24 PM

not really.  I'm always in a bad mood when I'm at work and in a good mood when I'm not.

Yeah, well, Taco Bell is a depressing place.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »

Quote from: kratz on May 19, 2008, 03:06:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 19, 2008, 02:49:24 PM

Yeah, well, Taco Bell is a depressing place.

you have no idea how hard it was to modify the register so I could surf the web from work   Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

The morning I had to head out on my 1200 mile (round trip) car trip to Tampa, my wife told me she dreamed I died in a car accident. That was a really fun start to my journey!

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 12:28:51 AM »

I once got into a fight with a girl who got mad at me because I cheated on her in a dream she had.  Mind you we were not dating at the time....

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 02:32:26 AM »

Quote from: ATB on May 19, 2008, 12:50:44 PM

I remember back in middle school/high school I'd dream about a girl and then for the whole next day or so I'd think she was the most lovely thing I'd ever seen and have mini-crushes.

Quote from: cheeba on May 19, 2008, 03:01:44 PM

I've even had sexual dreams where the girl is someone I didn't previously find sexually attractive, but after the dream I find her irresistible.
Things like that have happened to me many times. It is so strange, and yet, I think I like when it happens. Haha.

Slightly differently, I still dream about this one girl all the time. Then the whole day end up thinking about her off and on. It drives me batshit insane.
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »

I have bad dreams all the time.  It sucks and it does dampen the day.  They are so disturbing.  I keep having a series of dreams of my Grandparents (who I loved very much) and them coming back to life... but as souless zombie type people.  Makesme mad as my mind seems to ruin the wonderful memories of life I had with them.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 04:23:40 PM »

I rarely remember my dreams.  However, when I do I am horny the rest of the day so yes.

morlac00 on PSN
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »

I also rarely remember my dreams...but the ones that do definitely are very vivid.

As for the rest of you...waking up horny....here's your answer:  a more direct interpretation of the dream, may be your libido's way of telling you that it's been too long since you have had sex. It may indicate repressed sexual desires and your needs for physical and emotional love.   icon_twisted
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 05:22:29 PM »

I am always in a good mood after a sex dream.  I am more friendly and outgoing to women of the opposite sex.

I wonder what would happen if I had sex in real life!

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on May 20, 2008, 05:22:29 PM

I am always in a good mood after a sex dream.  I am more friendly and outgoing to women of the opposite sex.

I wonder what would happen if I had sex in real life!

Find out and let us know!
iloveplywood
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

Don't listen to him -- it's a trick -- I tried it once and believe me it wasn't worth the money.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »

I am more friendly and outgoing to women of the opposite sex.

As opposed to regular women?    saywhat
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 07:24:26 PM »

I've had some strange dreams that have stuck with me throughout the day but hasn't quite affected my mood. The most surreal dreams for me are when in my dream I'm in love with some girl, even sometimes fictional or loosely based on someone I know, and when I wake up I feel like I'm still in love with them. My girlfriend would love to hear about those dreams slywink

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 20, 2008, 06:32:45 PM

I am more friendly and outgoing to women of the opposite sex.

As opposed to regular women?    saywhat

As they say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...(which always conjured a flying eyeball with eye stalks that can kill you, but maybe that is just me)

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: