http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:56:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DISNEY buying LUCASFILM....More Star Wars coming...  (Read 8403 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »

Whedon Wishes he could direct Star Wars Too
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/11/whedon-wishes-he-could-direct-star-wars-too/
"I'm as angry as you should be," Whedon said about being unable to take on a "Star Wars"-sized project. "When I heard that I was like, 'I wonder... no, I really can't do that. Oh, I already have a job.' I wouldn't clear the Avengers. I'm having so much fun with that sequel right now, just with the script, that I couldn't imagine not doing it."
But just because he doesn't have time to direct "Star Wars" doesn't mean he doesn't have opinions on how it should play out.

"Oh I've got a lot of things. Where's my list I'm carrying on me?" Whedon joked. "But you know, I'd like to see a little edge. We all missed the Han [Solo] of it. It got very portentous, which was justified by the story, but I  think we'd all like to see a little anarchy in the mix."

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »

this is interesting

A new star wars film is being made,outside of the upcoming new announced Trilogy

Zack Synder(300,Watchmen and the upcoming Man of Steel)is doing a Star Wars film based on the Seven Samurai(Fans already know of the original Star Wars connections and Akira Kurosawa)

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html
Back in November, the Los Angeles Times reported that Man of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder said he had no interest in directing the hotly anticipated seventh Star Wars film. But Vulture has learned that while this may be specifically true - he won't be doing Episode VII - it was a bit of misdirection: He is in fact developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series' galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa's 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »

That sounds absolutely awesome, at least as long as the Seven Samurai nods are kept to a respectable minimum. I don't want to see another remake of that film, even with Jedi on top.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »

Next up, Jar Jar as the King Lear character in a Ran remake.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »

You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Huttese.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »

well that rumour didn't last long

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/14/zack-snyder-star-wars/

Zack Snyder is not traveling to a galaxy far, far away. At least, not right now.

According to Snyder’s rep, a report this morning that the Man of Steel director is developing a standalone Star Wars project that would be loosely based on the 1954 masterpiece Seven Samurai is not true.

“While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan,” states the rep, “Zack is not involved in any way with Star Wars. He is currently in post [production] on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia.”

Interestingly enough however,Vulture.com where i pulled the original story has this to say
[UPDATE: Vulture takes the accuracy of its reports very seriously. And while a piece published in The Hollywood Reporter this evening quotes Snyder's rep as saying that the director "is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars," Vulture stands by its story. This reporter heard through a source very familiar with the situation that Snyder recently flew up to Marin County to meet with Lucasfilm execs about the project. When subsequently reached by Vulture, Snyder's spokesperson would only repeat that he "is" not currently involved. One should note the possible political ramifications here of our original story break: Snyder's last Warner Bros. film, Sucker Punch, lost millions for the studio, and execs there could have become distressed at the idea of him getting involved with another studio's franchise when they have so much at stake with their upcoming Man of Steel and want him available for an immediate sequel.]

I hope that Synder just going for a meeting with LucasFilm was not the basis of this whole Star Wars/Seven Samurai/Jedi story
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:44:06 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »

random thought:  wouldn't it be awesome if a future Kingdom Hearts game had characters from Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm? They already had settings from Pirates and TRON in KH2.....  drool

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 20, 2013, 10:10:15 AM

random thought:  wouldn't it be awesome if a future Kingdom Hearts game had characters from Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm? They already had settings from Pirates and TRON in KH2.....  drool

Well, it would certainly increase my interest in Kingdom Hearts by 1000%. In other words, my interest would stay exactly the same. slywink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »

Star Wars world,the secret keyhole could be underneath Jabba's plinth thing he sits on,but only exposed when he moves it back to watch victims in his Rancor pit...and of course Leia as a Princess of Heart(Disney Princess)has already been mentioned

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »

I think it's safe to say that somebody is working on putting Star Wars into the Disney Infinity game.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »

Been reading this,it's a couple of months old Geektyrant

its actually about Luke Skywalker being the main focus of the new trilogy,and actually mentions there will be episodes 10,11 and 12 as well concentrating on the the offspring of Skywalker(Their source apparently broke about the new trilogy)

all that is probably pie in the sky right now though

However it was this part that caught my eye
The movies from what I understand will adopt the Harry Potter model, and will be aggressively brought to the forefront of popular entertainment once again with consistent installments. This is just for starters though, especially for those who hold the original trilogy in high regard, they should be happy. You can expect lovingly restored prints of the original trilogy to surface in the near future. That's a no brainer. I along with the rest of the world want those movies in their original glory. Disney are all over that, believe me.

I hope so,however,i know a lot of people hate what Lucas had done....but do you guys hate EVERYTHING he did for the special editions?

some of the stuff i did like,but will admit just wasn't needed...Cloud City i liked in Empire,but not needed really...there are a few things i thought was for the better,but usually had the same output,not really needed,just showing off with your CG

anyway
As long as they take out Greedo shooting first,the Hoth Wampa just sat there eating(the less you see the better in that scene,it was originally like fucking Jaws...i swear i could hear Jaws music when you just saw glimpses of it),Boba Fetts menacing voice back(Sorry Kiwi Fans) the MTV segment in Jedi,and that prick as Ghost of Anakin at the end of Jedi

If they do at least that,i will be happy

Of course i would like them to keep out the technical mishaps like being able to see through the snow speeders frame in the original movies or seeing the squares around the Millenium Falcon or Tie Fighters

Hoping also to have the original cover art as well,i really don't like all this 'Episode' crap,infact i wish all 6 films didn't have 'Episode 1' on them just keep that for the space crawl at the beginning

Then again,i remember the original trilogy being in 20th Century Fox's hands until 2020 or something like that,so not sure what to believe

Still i am sure now that George is(nearly)out of the picture we should see the originals in all their glory on Blu-Ray...and probably re-releases at the cinema

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2013, 10:03:59 PM »

Really strong rumor just surfaced that JJ Abrams will, in fact, be directing.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »

The Trek Wars will be epic.  And full of stars.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 24, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

The Trek Wars will be epic.  And full of stars.

My head would asplode, reassemble and asplode again.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »

HEAD EXPLODE
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:20 PM »

Get ready for the Lens Flare Wars.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »

Chris Pine as Luke!  Jennifer Garner as Leia! Josh Holloway as Solo!

Because I can,
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »

Holloway as Solo would work.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2013, 01:45:50 AM »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:47:42 PM by Suitably Ironic Moniker » Logged

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on January 25, 2013, 01:45:50 AM

pic no workie.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »

Access denied

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »

Dammit. Oh well, it was just a behind the scenes photo of Return of the Jedi with a topless Leia in her slave outfit.

Tongue

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »

You know, with that R2 cameo in Star Trek, it's almost as if it was a sign for what was to come. It now comes across as rather ironic.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »

Well, it appears that the first stand-alone film is going to be about Yoda.

While I'm excited about the prospect of this (especially a potential Joe Johnston Boba Fett film that the article mentions), I hope they're not going to flood the market.  Not that Star Wars hasn't been overexposed all its life, but it actually could be worse.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 05, 2013, 03:13:48 PM

Well, it appears that the first stand-alone film is going to be about Yoda.

While I'm excited about the prospect of this (especially a potential Joe Johnston Boba Fett film that the article mentions), I hope they're not going to flood the market.  Not that Star Wars hasn't been overexposed all its life, but it actually could be worse.

I'm down with a Yoda story!
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

I don't know if I could handle an entire film of Yoda speak. 
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

Handle it you will.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »

so there will be standalone films as well as the new trilogy?,i thought that stand alone film thing turned out to be false,or is that just when  Zack Synder was supposed to be doing it?

And yeah,not sure i can put up with a Yoda focused film...liked him as a puppet better than CGI,but then again perhaps Yoda's species will be revealed,unless it has been revealed in the EU(Extended Universe,not European Union paranoid) since i last checked

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on February 05, 2013, 03:41:27 PM

I don't know if I could handle an entire film of Yoda speak. 

this.  he's a great supporting character, but 2 hours could be a bit much (it'd be up there with a Chewbacaa film).  plus we've already seen him let loose, and the lightsaber duel was almost comical.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »

That Yoda rumor seems awfully flimsy, so I would take it with a truckload of salt for now.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2013, 12:47:57 AM »

Writers of the two spinoffs have been announced.

Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:09 AM »

So, 1313 the movie?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan....

Woah,i thought he was working on the new trilogy???(or at least Episode 7),i hope that doesn't take anything away from them

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 06, 2013, 11:51:46 AM

Woah,i thought he was working on the new trilogy???(or at least Episode 7),i hope that doesn't take anything away from them

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 06, 2013, 12:47:57 AM

Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 06, 2013, 11:51:46 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 06, 2013, 12:47:57 AM

biggrin

erm,exactly

7,8 and 9 now confirmed to be shit!! Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »

Han Solo and Boba Fett?

Yesterday, Disney's CEO confirmed that in addition to the upcoming Star Wars trilogy, there will be all kinds of single-character spin-off films.

Today, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that one of those films will feature young Han Solo, and another will star Boba Fett. According to EW, the Han story will occur between Revenge of the Sith and the A New Hope, and the Fett film will take place either between New Hope and Empire or Empire and Return of the Jedi. (Since, you know, it'd be tough to do it after Return of the Jedi. Update: Or not! Because apparently he survived, thanks to his awesome armor.)

This sound good? Or like a disaster? I've always had a suspicion that the thing that made Boba Fett cool was the fact that he was this infamous badass in a mask with a jetpack, and that he was mysterious. The more I learn about him, the less cool he seems. That said, you know, Star Wars bounty hunter movie. Could be good.

who the hell would step into Han's shoes?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 06, 2013, 08:00:43 PM

I would have said that even moreso for Obi Wan, but I thought Ewan McGregor did a fantastic job (despite all the other issues with the movies).
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 06, 2013, 08:23:36 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 06, 2013, 08:00:43 PM

I would have said that even moreso for Obi Wan, but I thought Ewan McGregor did a fantastic job (despite all the other issues with the movies).

That's a good point.  I was thinking the same about Han; who could play it better than 1970s Harrison Ford?!  Obi-Wan at least could benefit from being much younger so a different actor would make sense.  Han Solo will be basically the same age as when we met him in Ep4.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 06, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Han Solo will be basically the same age as when we met him in Ep4.

Well they haven't said how young he will be yet.  "Now this is Kessel Running!"
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 06, 2013, 08:31:20 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on February 06, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Han Solo will be basically the same age as when we met him in Ep4.

Well they haven't said how young he will be yet.  "Now this is Kessel Running!"

LOL, somehow I don't think Disney would be that stupid.  icon_lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: