http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 03:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Facebook change?  (Read 1123 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »

I got into Facebook about..at least a year ago, perhaps two years ago.  It was fun at first and then I noticed that peoples' pages started getting filled with all these goddamn widgets and I was constantly being bombarded with notices about which game so and so was playing and how I was invited to add it to my page.  It basically made me quit Facebook cold turkey.  All I wanted was something simple where I could post my pictures and comments about what I was doing and see the same for my friends.  Well I've been checking it out lately and I suddenly came to the realization that wow Facebook seems to have really gone back to its roots.  It doesn't seem nearly so cluttered and I can't remember the last time I got an annoying invite or request.  So did Facebook do a complete 180 or what?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

I dont really know, I am the last person in Denmark not to use Facebook, got tired of people I'd known 15 years adding me as a "Friend"...

that said, I do think its being reworked a bit last year, as I understand it, but, from what I saw, still tons and tons of ads and strange minigames

A new one
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 02:19:05 PM »

The widgets only appear if you grant them access.  Otherwise it's as clean as it was on the day you signed up.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »

Yep, they reorganized a lot of stuff back in September/October
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »

I hate the new facebook.  No one I knew used more than one or two apps so the old system never bothered me.  The new one seems tacky and more favorable for people who like to stalk your every movement.

Stalkerbook!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

I hate facebook and I love facebook. 

I just discovered it in the last quarter or so, so I can't speak to how it was in the past.

I resisted it for a long time but the ability to check in with old acquaintances proved to be too much.

That said I love and hate the application. Mostly hate.  But it's cool to see how folks turned out.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »

I've been on facebook for a few months now and I love it. I had a Myspace page a few years back and decided to get rid of it because frankly it's probably the lamest social network in existence. Facebook seemed like a mature version of Myspace so I decided to give it a shot, been happy to be on it ever since. The aspect of it that I enjoy the most is staying connected with people who don't live near me, when I traveled to Canada last year FB connected me with friends who moved there who I otherwise would have probably forgot about.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in becoming "friends" on FB, my email is [email protected].

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »

I just use LinkedIn for business type contacts and leave the other social sites to the young'uns. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »

My name is Ralph-Wiggum and I'm a Facebook addict. I check it numerous times a day, even when I haven't received any messages about updates or friend requests. That being said, I don't like the new interface. I find that it takes too many clicks to see the info I want to see. I'm getting used to it, though.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:29 AM »

why can't people go back to Friendster... frown
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on January 03, 2009, 10:59:46 PM

My name is Ralph-Wiggum and I'm a Facebook addict. I check it numerous times a day, even when I haven't received any messages about updates or friend requests. That being said, I don't like the new interface. I find that it takes too many clicks to see the info I want to see. I'm getting used to it, though.

Funny, I couldn't figure out how to use the old design. Not that I spent much time with it, but I like the new design better.

I think I'm too old to really feel the need to update my status every 5 minutes. I really don't need to know what people had for dinner, or that they are planning on eating dinner at some point.

Myspace is and has allways been ass. And it's so goddamned ugly. I haven't seen 1 myspace page that was decent to look at.

Facebook seems more of a "find my rl friends and old friends and look at pictures and get updates on what is going on in their lives" where myspace is "look at me, I'm cool, I take dirty-pictures of myself/I made a song, I'm special, look at me". smile
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »

Facebook sucked when it was still not very known when I was in college around 2004...

And it sucks even more now.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

I believe it may be the Anti-christ, this Facebook thingie...

A new one
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: